The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats alot of bumps.

Though it would really be nice to get a resolution on this, absolutely horrible at times.

I can go hours and only have it happen a few times, other times it seems every 4th ability fails to fire. Very annoying.

Sadly it seems that clicking the ability has fewer instances of misfires but has more double fires or ability starts to go off, then after half a second, starts to go off again this time for real. I notice it alot with abilities like Ravage.

Maybe this is their way of helping clickers have an edge over those of us who q-bind.

All other fixes/cartel market/plans for future development needs to be put on hold and all useless manpower needs to be diverted to fixing this, the single most gamebreaking bug currently in game.

I honestly cant believe there has been neither acknowledgement nor progress made on fixing this.

It.Is.The.Most.Important.Fix.In.The.Effing.Game.

devs, please respond. The communication on actual important issues is zero.

We dont give a crap whats being released on the cartel market or how you fixed some robe texture or hood... how about fixing the basic tenant of combat system...the GCD.

Short of giving them another 200 million dollars to completely redesign and reoptimize the engine, I don't know what they can do about it.

Kind of makes you wonder where all that money went.

Obviously most of it went to food to feed a few of the original Devs egos.

This GAMEB REAKING issue really REALLY can cause raid wipes on progress encounters. it;s happened quite a few times, honestly im not exaggerating.

Much as I dislike bumping your rant, "Honesty, I'm not exaggerating" means "I am so exaggerating. Please ignore my petulance."

Calling out "the devs" is not going to get you anywhere, and I don't need to read the thread to know that has already been pointed out to you several times.

I'll toss my lot in with this too. I started noticing this more and more recently. It is most obvious on my DPS lightning Sorc. When using Thundering Blast, it's a 1.8 sec channel followed by a large force bubble shot at the target. Too many times I will start the channel, watch the cast bar move to completion and then....nothing. No animation, no attack, no damage. I was not interrupted the ability just fails. That is at least 2 seconds of wasted DPS and even more time with me womdering what the hell happened and having to cast it again. There IS something to this Bioware. You should look into it.

Did it ever occur to you people that had you put this bug report in the bug report forum, you might actually get a response??

And please stop bumping.. Bumping is against the rules and disrespectful toward your fellow forum posters..

Just saying.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Did it ever occur to you people that had you put this bug report in the bug report forum, you might actually get a response??

And please stop bumping.. Bumping is against the rules and disrespectful toward your fellow forum posters..

It's actually already in the bug report forums and nobody has responded. :rolleyes:

did you chek the forums there are atleast 3 posts in bug section and all of them are ignored