Make the Ewok Unlock Free at Level 40 Legacy

Ayelinna

40 legacy takes roughly a while to take right?

How much does it take to earn CC? Instantly.

How about, reward legacy 40 and above players with an Ewok unlock, just legacy 40, no credits ( in game credits are useless to you right Bioware?) because they have actually spent time playing your game.

Why? Because I think you would be rewarding players for playing the game, and they will be satisfied if they get the cute Ewok for free, and they would love you more Bioware and will think "Hey Bioware cares about us players who actually play the game and not sitting in front of the GTN selling stuff that I bought from the CM"

People without legacy 40 have the option to buy it with CC. Its a win win, because you Bioware get money from CC! If they dont have legacy 40, they can decide to play the game, which means they have more chance of subscribing or buying cartel coins anyway! So its a win-win-win-win!

Please tell me your opinion on my idea community!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Legacy is nothing but a CC/credit sink and it's appalling considering what they told us before it went live. However, the devs aren't in charge of such things, people with cheap suits and ties too tight are so we'll never get a single thing for free anymore.

Please point out to me what exactly I missed.

Umm because no one says it shouldn't be purchasable by CC, but that people with Legacy 40+ would get it for free and people lower than that should need to use CC?

Umm because no one says it shouldn't be purchasable by CC, but that people with Legacy 40+ would get it for free and people lower than that should need to use CC?

And? I am still not seeing what I missed or how my response is off topic.

I respond to this by saying, Treek is the same cost as HK and no one complained about that. So stop complaining.

Please point out to me what exactly I missed.

Because people are specist/heightest, she is an ewok, which means she is furry and short.

But also because people are claiming that BW is breaking lore by bringing in an ewok (even though BW covered their tracks with how she is introduced).

HK also didnt have a legacy level requirement to get, you just had to get access to section x.

I respond to this by saying, Treek is the same cost as HK and no one complained about that. So stop complaining.

Wow... just... wow.

afaik HK-51 has no legacy requirement. Also its free. You need to pay 1m to unlock it on another character.

Edited by Ayelinna

Wow... just... wow.

What? You want something for free, I pointed out that it is the same price as a similar thing. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Do you seriously think legacy 40 is some huge accomplishment that you should have tons of free stuff thrown at you?

This and there's the fact that HK came out way before the Cartel Market did, and it was only after most of the people that were interested in getting the companion had already got him when the Cartel Market went live, so whoever voiced the opinion that offering HK up to anyone for Cartel Coins was in the vocal minority. The situation with this companion is a little different, where no one has her, yet, and if you want, from what I understand (I'm not on the PTS, so I can't confirm this) you can just buy her outright, instead of going through whatever quest would otherwise be required to get her. (And since she seems to be a much more fantastic healer than any other healing companion in the game, she's essentially a pay-to-win thing).

tl;dr The situation with Treek is noticeably and obviously different than the one with HK.

It pretty much is free for a 40 Legacy player. 1M credits to someone with 40 Legacy is not much at all. Assuming they want to earn the credits and not just pay it out of their surplus it'll take a legacy 40 player about 3hrs to earn.

I feel this goes against all of your previous arguments.

The currently planned way, as I understand it, is that in order to get Treek, one would need to be Legacy Level 40 as a prerequisite. Then, and only then, one could choose to pay for Treek. They could either pay with 1mil credits, or pay with some amount of CCs.

This is almost identical to the way HK-51 is now. Instead of obtaining a certain legacy level, you have to have completed the mission chain to get him once.

I feel this is a good way to introduce a new companion. There is a prerequisite in place so that one has to have been playing the game for sometime before being able to get the companion.

Your proposal would make it even more what you consider to be "P2W", since one could spend CCs immediately on the companion, having never played the game at all.

Actually, I believe there were a number of threads (with numerous posts) complaining that unlocking HK (since it is a pretty long and tedious process and requires one to be over level 45 to even start it) should unlock him for the whole Legacy.

:cool:

The currently planned way, as I understand it, is that in order to get Treek, one would need to be Legacy Level 40 as a prerequisite. Then, and only then, one could choose to pay for Treek. They could either pay with 1mil credits, or pay with some amount of CCs.

This is almost identical to the way HK-51 is now. Instead of obtaining a certain legacy level, you have to have completed the mission chain to get him once.

I feel this is a good way to introduce a new companion. There is a prerequisite in place so that one has to have been playing the game for sometime before being able to get the companion.

Your proposal would make it even more what you consider to be "P2W", since one could spend CCs immediately on the companion, having never played the game at all.

But the players who have spent time playing the game (level 40 legacy and above players) would be rewarded and would get it for free.

There is absolutely no evidence that LL40 is required when using CCs. In fact, Erics post recently points to the exact opposite -- EITHER LL40 + 1mil creds OR unlock with CCs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.