A complete and utter joke!

Ayelinna

Its selfish that I want everyone to spend an equal amount of time and effort into achieving something in game?

oh my god im so selfish im so sorry you're right.

Newslfash: Clicking the credit option or CC option takes exactly the same amount of time.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but, don't you need to be Legacy 40 either way to obtain this companion?

That's a lot of playing required to obtain it anyway you look at it.

It appears from Eric Musco's post that you can purchase it without the legacy requirement (which is as it should be).

Its selfish that I want everyone to spend an equal amount of time and effort into achieving something in game?

It's selfish of you to insist that everyone play the game the way you want them to play.

It appears from Eric Musco's post that you can purchase it without the legacy requirement (which is as it should be).

It's selfish of you to insist that everyone play the game the way you want them to play.

Can I just ask..it might be a little off topic but how much money have you spent on cartel coins?

Can I just ask..it might be a little off topic but how much money have you spent on cartel coins?

Aside from whatever portion of my sub fee goes towards my stipend (which is another discussion entirely), zero.

Counter News Flash: Earning the credits and purchasing the CC take different amounts of time!

Earning creds takes no time. Buy enough stuff with CC, sell on GTN. Instant millions. It's the legacy 40 which takes time.

Edited by branmakmuffin

This is a flawed assumption from the beginning.

Set aside for a moment the "money" aspect (where I clearly see you have issues)....All players acquire content and milestones in a game at different rates. There is not fixed step and repeat pathway to an objective such that every player arrives there with the same amount of effort, time, resources, etc. In fact.. MMO players like to make a competition of bragging rights about who can do xyz more efficiently.

So your starting point of assumption is misplaced to begin with. Now.. add in player choices in what resources and how they are applied to achieve an objective... and the developer has effectively given players more degrees of freedom to achieve and more control over their player experience.. and in the modern era of MMOs.. that is a good thing. It's not evil.

Now.. let's discuss the "money" part for a moment. Again.. you work from a flawed assumption.. that people will buy an Ewok companion with real money. Really? Why can't people use their free coins from their subscription to buy their Ewok companion? My point? Again, you are making assumptions in broad sweeping generalizations when in reality.. all Bioware has done is give players more degrees of freedom to pursue what they enjoy inside the game. That's a good thing IMO. I'm sorry that you cannot see it from that perspective.

Edited by Andryah

Counter News Flash: Earning the credits and purchasing the CC take different amounts of time!

True, earning real money takes a lot more time and effort than earning fake money. Some people can earn $100 an hour for very little work while some people do hard labor and make only $8 an hour. Maybe you should be more concerned about that instead of what people do in a video game. :p

But for those who are smart and clever, you can earn a million credits pretty fast. Selling crafting or a high level barrel can get you a million credits in a few minutes. The effort is minimal. I'd rather take that million credits and invest it in other things than an Ewok.

I'm going to speak up here. I've purchased 0 cartel coins and was a sub (this is my last month though). This companion gives you no advantage in gameplay mechanics. It's purely cosmetic which is exactly what the CC market was there for. Unless purchasing this companion lets you send out another companion beyond the normal 5 you can send on missions... it doesn't do anything except let you roam the world of ToR with a silly-looking bear guy.

If you think this is Pay 2 Win, then you're wrong.

There have been several people telling you to calm down. You're the only one who isn't listening because you're foaming so hard that you just want to bark at anyone who disagrees with you.

You want to limit other people's options in this game on how they acquire something in this game that, for all intents and purposes, is strictly fluff.

Aside from whatever portion of my sub fee goes towards my stipend (which is another discussion entirely), zero.

Same here. There is no reason to purchase Cartel Coins in this game with real money IMO. Sure, you can do it, and some people do.. but that does not change the baseline that you do not need to purchase CCs if you are a subscriber.

Earning creds takes no time. Buy enough stuff with CC, sell on GTN. Instant millions. It's the legacy 40 which takes time.

In game credits are way easier to earn in game through traditional methods then even tapping the CM-->GTN channel IMO.

Legacy levels.. as far as I am concerned.. they come as they come. I never felt that I was doing anything deliberate to earn them.... just playing the game. Every once in a while early on I would check.. but eventually.. I just got to where I ignored Legacy Level entirely.

Edited by Andryah

True, earning real money takes a lot more time and effort than earning fake money. Some people can earn $100 an hour for very little work while some people do hard labor and make only $8 an hour. Maybe you should be more concerned about that instead of what people do in a video game. :p

But for those who are smart and clever, you can earn a million credits pretty fast. Selling crafting or a high level barrel can get you a million credits in a few minutes. The effort is minimal. I'd rather take that million credits and invest it in other things than an Ewok.

I make enough money to buy 2400 coins every hour, that is a lot faster than spending the time making a million in game

I feel EA knows that most employed people will make enough to buy that many credits for roughly the same amount of time and therefore it will be easier to pay them twenty bucks than spend hours in game grinding legacy and credits

The Down side is that it's nice to have things to work toward and this would be just giving it away while EA makes a few million more dollars of its player base for one companion

Because I dont like it when people can just buy things straight up instead of spending time in game to get the same item.

And yet someone has to be Legacy Level 40 to be eligible to get the Ewok REGARDLESS of payment type. So clearly they HAVE spent the time in game, so just-as-clearly your argument has zero merit.

/thread

No im talking about in game time, not real life time.

Obviously people have more or less time in real life, they earn more or less in real life, but the in game time should be the same for everyone, meaning that people should spend the same time achieving something.

But what can I do apart from whine and moan about it, this game is beyond repair :/ Sorry for trying.

Next update, level your character instantly to 55! Get full Dreadseed legacy armor for one time payment of 600CC

Coming in update 2.6, youll be able to get a full set of Kell Dragon gear with only 1800CC!

We want to make subscribers feel they are getting their moneys worth!

In all seriousness, this is a complete joke. Just goes this game has gone Play 2 Cartel Market. The cartel market is just a fast track. Bioware only cares about CC, not the people who spend time actually playing the game.

duyde the pet is just gained with a million credits it's not hidden behind some large quest chain or anything. you go to the vendor, fork out a large wad of credits and get the pet

Next update, level your character instantly to 55! Get full Dreadseed legacy armor for one time payment of 600CC

Coming in update 2.6, youll be able to get a full set of Kell Dragon gear with only 1800CC!

We want to make subscribers feel they are getting their moneys worth!

In all seriousness, this is a complete joke. Just goes this game has gone Play 2 Cartel Market. The cartel market is just a fast track. Bioware only cares about CC, not the people who spend time actually playing the game.

My favorite though is coming in 2.6. 500 cartel coins to unlock S T F U on all the trolls and babies on these boards.

Edited by Phrase

...the pet...

OFFTOPIC: I find it interesting how some players call them "companions" and others "pets" (I'm assuming the term comes from some other MMO).

A companion is someone you have join you, who you support in their goals and they support you in yours. You may have differences, but you can rely on each other.

A pet you put on a leash and point at your enemies.

I prefer companions.

No im talking about in game time, not real life time.

Obviously people have more or less time in real life, they earn more or less in real life, but the in game time should be the same for everyone, meaning that people should spend the same time achieving something.

But what can I do apart from whine and moan about it, this game is beyond repair :/ Sorry for trying.

Stop trying to dictate how others play the game and you'll find yourself a lot happier.

Legacy levels.. as far as I am concerned.. they come as they come. I never felt that I was doing anything deliberate to earn them.... just playing the game. Every once in a while early on I would check.. but eventually.. I just got to where I ignored Legacy Level entirely.

That's partly the issue as well. The fact that Legacy really means nothing for the most part, especially once you hit the higher levels. I'm not saying that it's difficult to earn Legacy levels, it just takes a fairly long time to get to 50. Maybe having something like Treek requiring Legacy would have increased the value of the system. They gate HK behind a longer series of missions, the usual items/mounts from fp/ops, why not something cool for Legacy 40-50?

That's partly the issue as well. The fact that Legacy really means nothing for the most part, especially once you hit the higher levels. I'm not saying that it's difficult to earn Legacy levels, it just takes a fairly long time to get to 50. Maybe having something like Treek requiring Legacy would have increased the value of the system. They gate HK behind a longer series of missions, the usual items/mounts from fp/ops, why not something cool for Legacy 40-50?

I see clear value in the Legacy Perk system. I just do not see Legacy as something I have to do anything deliberate to level... it comes simply by playing the game... and that is the way a perk system should be anyway IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah, they need to remove the legacy requirement and make her obtainable via quest like HK-51. This instantly went from a reward to loyal players to yet another cop-out cash grab by BW. People have been accepting of the Ewok until now, but this change is going to kill public opinion on it.