The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

Even if you have the gear you still have to have the skill to do an operation with your new shiny gear. Without that all your winning is a beauty pagent.

I don't think that if people could buy full kell dragon, they would go through TFB NiM just for the sake of it.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that if people could buy full kell dragon, they would go through TFB NiM just for the sake of it.

Exactly. They'd sit around fleet with a mirror in their hands admiring their awesomeness. Sounds...fun?:rolleyes:

FWIW I have Legacy 50 and have for awhile. I want the CC option, I save my monthly stipend and this is a perfect thing to spend it on. I'd rather save my 1M creds for something else and use CC to unlock him on toons. Choice is good, as long as the Legacy 40 requirement is maintained.

Guys you still need legacy level 40, to buy it with credits or CC, so relax.

PS getting a million credits is not hard, stop acting like you are so awesome for farming one million credits.

i bet the CM will bypass the legacy requirement.

i bet the CM will bypass the legacy requirement.

I bet it does not, since for HK you still need to do the quest. Fairly certain the same could be said for this comp, you will need the legacy to buy the item. I am sure they have the ability to code it in such a manner.

So in the end all this QQ is rather pointless people need to relax. Adding more options to buy something is not a bad thing.

Also it is time you guys get with the times, MMO's are quickly becoming causal friendly, because many players who enjoyed the EQ, SWG, FFXI, Old school WoW, and Aion to name a few, are older. They no longer have the time like they did back in the day to spend 8 hours gaming. Many work, have families of their own. MMO's like it or not are no longer some underground game people play. They are becoming more and more mainstream, as such they are catering to a new core player group the causal, which oddly enough I am sure many so called casuals use to be hardcore at one point when they were younger.

I am a young, so I cannot buy stuff on the CM, mom will not let me. Nevertheless I do see it as if someone has extra cash to burn on their choice of entertainment they should be able to. Just like how I spend my allowance on comics and model kits.

We each have our hobbies. We are all gamers no reason to get bash or get upset because gamers who do not have the time to run dailies wishes to buys something with real money.

Edited by MahneWarrior

I bet it does not, since for HK you still need to do the quest. Fairly certain the same could be said for this comp, you will need the legacy to buy the item. I am sure they have the ability to code it in such a manner.

So in the end all this QQ is rather pointless people need to relax. Adding more options to buy something is not a bad thing.

we shall see and if is still legacy locked, i will move on. no skin off my back, although QQ you are seeing is coming from those with legacy lvl 40. as far as i am concerned, im good.

Obviously signed. They need to start making things where you actually have to spend time in the game to achieve., instead of catering to the people "who dont play this game a lot". Not everyone can blindly spend CC and I think its unfair.

Yes and no.

I want to see more things achieved but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be CC stuff or that it's anyway unfair since you can buy with credits too :rolleyes:.

I'm fine with Ewoks for CC. I want cooler stuff as unique unlocks anyway.

Considering EVERYTHING locked by legacy level can be bypassed via the cartel market, these people pretending the Ewok is not P2W because a person "still has to get legacy level 40" seems a bit delusional.

If, if, if. Heh. I can't tell if these people don't actually play the game, or if they do and they're just trolling while pretending to be reasonable proponents for buying Legacy items via the Cartel Market. Always hard to tell on the internet.

Edited by revial

Considering EVERYTHING locked by legacy level can be bypassed via the cartel market, these people pretending the Ewok is not P2W because a person "still has to get legacy level 40" seems a bit delusional.

If, if, if. Heh. I can't tell if these people don't actually play the game, or if they do and they're just trolling while pretending to be reasonable proponents for buying Legacy items via the Cartel Market. Always hard to tell on the internet.

No, it isn't P2W because you don't win anything.

Treek isn't better or worse than any of the other companions you can get. If anything -- the CC option is "P2get it faster than people who don't have 1mil credits or LL40 or sub stipends"

The delusion is thinking that a companion in this MMO is somehow P2W.

Besides.. you can acquire it multiple ways.. which is the new normal for this game since November (as you correctly pointed out above).

P2W requires that 1) something be accessible only through a cash shop (which is not true here) AND 2) provides a winning advantage over other players (which again, is not true here).

Treek is awesome IMO... but is not P2W because it fails both classic tests of what P2W means in MMOs.

Edited by Andryah

Ewok is not P2W because getting a companion does not equal winning. :rolleyes:

Saying Ewok comp is P2W is like saying Cathar is P2W :rolleyes:

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

My comment was clearly aimed at the many people defending the cartel market availability of the Ewok due to their (not sure if serious, hence my wondering if they were all trolls) statements that it'd still require a Legacy Level of 40.

I think it's pointless to debate the design philosophy of a cash-shop focused game, because that decision has been made months ago, and it is what it is. I leave it to many others in this thread to bicker back and forth over that.

Edited by revial

My comment was clearly aimed at the many people defending the cartel market availability of the Ewok due to their (not sure if serious, hence my wondering if they were all trolls) statements that it'd still require a Legacy Level of 40.

I think it's pointless to debate the design philosophy of a cash-shop focused game, because that decision has been made months ago, and it is what it is. I leave it to many others in this thread to bicker back and forth over that.

What's the difference if legacy level is still required. you still require a legacy level for HK and he cost a million credits or CCs. I don't care how people pay for treek whether its credits or cash, as long as the requirement to get them is the same. HK you still had to do the questline regardless if you payed through cartel or in game. Same should be for Treek in terms of legacy requirement

Edited by MisterBlackJack

I wouldn't mind this but it's not going to happen.

Why not? As I stated HK still require a legacy level if i am not mistaken, but at the very least you had to do the questline. Whether you payed for your alts 1 million credits or cartel. And nothing has been said that purchasing via cartel is going to bypass legacy requirement

So you can completely bypass the legacy level 40 requirement with cartel coins?? You can have legacy level 1, purchase cartel coins, and then purchase Treek?

You do know you can do that with all Character Perks in the Legacy UI, since November 2012, right? If you purchase the perk with CC.. the Legacy level requirement (and credit cost) is waived.

Edited by Andryah

The delusion is thinking that a companion in this MMO is somehow P2W.

Besides.. you can acquire it multiple ways.. which is the new normal for this game since November (as you correctly pointed out above).

P2W requires that 1) something be accessible only through a cash shop (which is not true here) AND 2) provides a winning advantage over other players (which again, is not true here).

Treek is awesome IMO... but is not P2W because it fails both classic tests of what P2W means in MMOs.

your definition of pay to win is wrong and has been tailored to specifically suit this game.