The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

The Legacy Perks which require certain levels can still be overridden with Cartel Coins for some items. It is an optional companion, like HK. They already have a companion you have to work for an unlock, this one is gonna be a freebie.

Hopefully, they will keep the legacy 40 requirement, just as tHK-51 still has the requirement that you complete the quest chain on at least one character to unlock him. If they keep the legacy 40 requirement and just allow CC's to be used instead of credits, that's one thing, but allowing someone to bypass the legacy 40 requirement by throwing money at BW is just P2W.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Eric already shot that idea in the knee.

I have yet to see any indication on whether or not the legacy 40 requirement will still be attached. All I saw was that you would be able to purchase it with CC's, but no indication that you could pay 2 win and bypass the legacy 40 requirement.

Yeah, sure, that's fine. So is "Here's a new companion you can buy with CC if you want."

It's all about the special snow flake status, isn't it? But the thing is, the special snow flake is the only one who cares about his or her status. No one else looks at a character, sees armor that requires endless rep grind and says "Oh, that's so cool! You are so cool for being able to play a computer game 24/7!"

Apparently it is not all about the "special snowflake" status, but rather the "he has something I want, give it to me too, but don't make me work for it" entitled attitude. If you want to claim otherwise, then explain all the crying to avoid the legacy 40 and the million credit requirements.

Edited by Ratajack

And while we're at it, would you like for them to put a set of Conqueror and Kell Dragon Gear on the CM for you to buy too? ****, might as well go ahead and put up some premade level 55 toons on the CM while we're doing that so that you can just buy the "End Game Bundle" and be done with it.

Do not give them ideas now lol.

/signed

Yeah cuz your Ewok companion is going to completely imbalance the game...

No more than your NOT having it if you don't have legacy level 40 and can't bypass that requirement, if they leave that requirement in place, by throwing money at BW.

No more than your NOT having it if you don't have legacy level 40 and can't bypass that requirement, if they leave that requirement in place, by throwing money at BW.

What if I obtain legacy level 50 on one server, then reroll on to a different server and don't want to regrind the legacy levels?

What if I obtain legacy level 50 on one server, then reroll on to a different server and don't want to regrind the legacy levels?

What if I leveled a character to max level and geared him up in full BIS gear. Does that entitle me to BIS gear on a max level character that didn't earn it? Should I be able to throw money at BW to obtain a new max level character with full BIS gear and all companions at max affection and all unlocks if I reroll on a new server and don;t feel like grinding all of that? I don't get to bypass the requirement to level that other character to max level or run all the OPS necessary to get BIS gear just because I did it once on a different character who may or may not be on a different server.

If the requirement is legacy 40, then the requirement is legacy 40.

Edited by Ratajack

If you want to claim otherwise, then explain all the crying to avoid the legacy 40 and the million credit requirements.

What if I leveled a character to max level and geared him up in full BIS gear. Does that entitle me to BIS gear on a max level character that didn't earn it? I don't get to bypass the requirement to level that other character to max level or run all the OPS necessary to get BIS gear just because I did it once on a different character who may or may not be on a different server.

That's pay to win....this is a companion

What if I leveled a character to max level and geared him up in full BIS gear. Does that entitle me to BIS gear on a max level character that didn't earn it? Should I be able to throw money at BW to obtain a new max level character with full BIS gear and all companions at max affection and all unlocks if I reroll on a new server and don;t feel like grinding all of that? I don't get to bypass the requirement to level that other character to max level or run all the OPS necessary to get BIS gear just because I did it once on a different character who may or may not be on a different server.

Sorry my comp borked on that last quote....

You win by bypassing the requirement and having something handed to you without having to put forth any effort to meet the requirement.

You aren't paying for a BiS end all be all victory over the game. They're giving us options to play the game how we want. If I want to buy an optional companion by paying CC's what does it matter to you?

You could make that argument, but that makes it no less pay 2 win if one can bypass any requirements and have something handed to them if they throw enough money at BW.

I didn't mean to diminish any argument. Simply made a point based on a certain definition of P2W.

Anything purchased with cash that does not require you to earn it in game can be considered P2W. That means the entire market, and the legacy system as connected to CC would fall under that definition.

Therefore, under that definition the game is completely P2W.

And in my opinion that is fine. That is not meant to be the final word on the matter...just my slant.

You could make that argument, but that makes it no less pay 2 win if one can bypass any requirements and have something handed to them if they throw enough money at BW.

Have you used any of your sub CC's to purchase any type of character perks through your legacy?

I would also guess that most folks that have money to spend on CC had to earn it in some way....in real life.

And I would further contend that real life effort to earn money is likely head and shoulders above any level of effort to push keyboard buttons and move a mouse.

Have you used any of your sub CC's to purchase any type of character perks through your legacy?

Sorry to disappoint, but that answer would be "NO", nor have I used those CC's to purchase packs to sell on the GTN, or the podracer speeder with the extra protection.

Any other questions?

You will not find me paying to bypass a requirement and have something handed to me for no effort just because I'm too lazy to work for what I want or I "have to have it now".

I will have to respectfully disagree. I am a casual player (like a vast majority in the game) who has little time to "grind" for an "optional" companion. I fully endorse the use of the CM and have personally purchased almost $250 in Cartel Coins in the last 30 days for all of my new characters to unlock gear and legacy perks. I think Treek should be purchasable a multitude of ways INCLUDING Cartel Coins. Thanks ;)

I am a casual players and I hate the cash shop. All this does is cheapen my in game accomplishments and takes from my enjoyment of the game. We used to play these and the best looking gear was a sign of something, now it is just a symbol of how much money you throw away. I find it sad that someone can brag about spending $250 on the Cm it should be something to ashamed of.