The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

You seem more interested in using this thread as a pretext to boast about your vast amounts of cash than you are with making any meaningful contributions.

Plus, I hate to break this to you, but the words "mortgage" and "vast amounts of cash" don't exactly go hand in hand with each other.

People with a 10 figure salary can still have a mortgage. I am more like high 5 figure + bonuses. The point of explaining about money is that some people have time, others, like myself, have money. I'm glad there are options for those of us who can afford it. Also, most of your posts are pure troll, so please expect no further responses from me.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People with a 10 figure salary can still have a mortgage. I am more like high 5 figure + bonuses. The point of explaining about money is that some people have time, others, like myself, have money. I'm glad there are options for those of us who can afford it. Also, most of your posts are pure troll, so please expect no further responses from me.

Unfortunately, Bioware love people like you who blindly throw their money at them.

Its ruining it for the rest of us poor, poor people with no money. :(

Dude, bragging about your income on the internet is about as lame as you can get. On the internet, we are all millionaires and married to supermodels (if we want to be). Maybe you make that much, maybe you don't but seriously, no one cares, because there's no way you can prove it.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

On topic, I'll just add that I agree with you, however, no matter how large or small your income is.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If they want to pay with cartel coins and that helps fund the game and keep it around then so be it. No one is making anyone else do it and in spite of what people think it doesn't take anything away from you if someone else does or doesn't buy it with cartel coins.

maybe we need another state of the game from jeff hickman to let us know if swtor is really in such dire straits that it would go bankrupt if they didn't charge extra for this one single system (or server transfer of alts, or anything else released new). i guess that's possible, and if that really is the case it would be hard to fault them.

it sounds like this companion really will be unique because it can switch between tanking and healing. that's pretty cool. also, a neat toy to say 'look, i play a lot' instead of 'look, i spend a lot' would be nice.

edited to add, high 5 figures isn't that much in america these days. that would put one square in the middle class.

Edited by curtkram

it sounds like this companion really will be unique because it can switch between tanking and healing. that's pretty cool. also, a neat toy to say 'look, i play a lot' instead of 'look, i spend a lot' would be nice.

Yeah, sure, that's fine. So is "Here's a new companion you can buy with CC if you want."

It's all about the special snow flake status, isn't it? But the thing is, the special snow flake is the only one who cares about his or her status. No one else looks at a character, sees armor that requires endless rep grind and says "Oh, that's so cool! You are so cool for being able to play a computer game 24/7!"

Yeah, sure, that's fine. So is "Here's a new companion you can buy with CC if you want."

It's all about the special snow flake status, isn't it? But the thing is, the special snow flake is the only one who cares about his or her status. No one else looks at a character, sees armor that requires endless rep grind and says "Oh, that's so cool! You are so cool for being able to play a computer game 24/7!"

Sadly, that's not entirely true. There are those who covet the digital art they cannot get.

I disagree. I think Legacy Levels are a hindrance to those of us who want to play, and are willing to spend ungodly amounts of money, but just don't have the 20+ hours a week to spend playing a silly game. We want to log in, buy stuff in the market, do some missions, and log out.

If you don't want to play the why pay?

It cool to have stuff that toucan earn in game

When I finally earned my shatterpoint cloak I SWG it was something and felt like an accomplishment

It's fun to have stuff to earn that I can just buy

Like you I can buy this stuff no problem, but if its that easy to obtain then in has no value anymore because it common and easily obtainable

Now that Ewok companion is available to buy is it really worth buying?

It doesn't matter how much money you make. I personally make (or rather, have) more money than I'd know what to do with for the next five lifetimes, but you won't see me promulgating the merits of pushing features which by all rights should be a part of the base game into the cartel market, simply because I understand that is a luxury most do not have and the well being of the game does not fall squarely within my own private, extremely insular relationship with it.

Edited by Machine-Elf

It doesn't matter how much money you make. I personally make (or rather, have) more money than I'd know what to do with for the next five lifetimes

Dude, don't stop there. Claim to own an island or something. It's the internet. You can be Bill Gates and Larry Ellison rolled into one.

:rolleyes:

When I finally earned my shatterpoint cloak I SWG it was something and felt like an accomplishment

Seriously?

Like you I can buy this stuff no problem, but if its that easy to obtain then in has no value anymore because it common and easily obtainable

It's virtual equipment in a computer game. Because of licensing restrictions, none of it has any value.

Edited by branmakmuffin

so... basically what you are saying that... its ok for someone to buy a few cartel items and sell them on GTN to get credits, but its not ok to use them directly?

because honestly? I don't feel like ewok is a reward to me as a subscriber. I can see so many more, better things I could spend a million on, a million I rarely have on one character, let alone many.

yes I have legacy lvl 40, no I don't think its too much, because of the nature of how legacy levels - through in game activities of your choice, be in questing, pvp, flashpoints or ops.

it feels more like a punishment to f2p accounts by making it inaccessible to them, the subscriber reward. but with cartel coin option - people who want her? can get her? because they now have options. even if I'd rather they didn't set the purchase price so damn high, instead making her available at the end of a longish chain.

even though I would love for a subscription to have far more meaning that it does now - THIS is NOT the way to do it IMO.

lol. you only get to be a 'special' snowflake if you buy it through the cartel market. why even post that? there is no content to what you're saying.

doing stuff to get rewards is pretty normal in video games. mario got the princess. link chased a princess, though he probably liked the price more. i got the makeb reputation armor and a 'section guardian' title from grinding dailies. that's how video games work. now you want to say rewards can be earned in-game, or just buy them, because there is no point anyway. games with no point are no fun.

i guess you can define pay to win as getting level 75 armor, mods, and hilts. there is no point to the game other than obtaining those 3 items, so everything else should be purchasable through the cartel market. i of course disagree, and think the cartel market should be limited to cosmetic things, and by that i mean only armor that has no stats or buffs associated with it, pets, the emotes and glowy eyes, maybe the starship heal animation type thing, and that's about it.

Why not? I personally would not spend in game credits if it sells for reasonable amount of CC (below 500). Now the real question would be if the leagacy restriction being removed when using CC. That will be an obvious money grab.

No matter how you want to argue it Treek is STORY content. Wasn't everyone just crying their heads of because of those story cubes in the cartel packs? Lol gotta love how the Bioware Defense Team will change their opinion on the drop of a dime.

No matter how you want to argue it Treek is STORY content. Wasn't everyone just crying their heads of because of those story cubes in the cartel packs? Lol gotta love how the Bioware Defense Team will change their opinion on the drop of a dime.

not the same.

Treek is acquirable purely through in game credits if you so wish. this is just an OPTION to get him through cartel coins instead. ... kinda like buying HK for alts. except HK gets a quest. Treek you just go to a vendor and if you are one of the few who has good time making credits - buy her with credits. directly through vendor. in game.

cubes? are ONLY available from cartel packs, so you HAVE to get cartel packs to get them. there's no avoiding it, even if you buy a pack on GTN - someone had to have spent cartel coins on it. TREEk? doesn't require that. CC are an option.

Why not? I personally would not spend in game credits if it sells for reasonable amount of CC (below 500). Now the real question would be if the leagacy restriction being removed when using CC. That will be an obvious money grab.

exactly. as long as legacy requirement stays, then I don't see why this is an issue. to me its a much bigger issue that this so called story contend is not gated by a story, but rather by how good you are at playing GTN (or how diligent you are at doing dailies)

Edited by Jeweledleah

Seriously?

Yep

Finding that Sith 4/5 waist pack piece took countless weeks out in the waistlands of Dathomir

Not to mention that darn Jedi fish guy

Having to do stuff like that to earn items is fun though

As other have state, the cubes could only be earned through the CM, that what got me mad. If they could have been acquired through the game in a reasonable manner or the cartel I wouldn’t have had a problem with them. Anyways right now you have the choice to get it in game, just like with HK or buy it. I agree they should keep the Legacy requirement in place. Edited by SithEmpress

As other have state, the cubes could only be earned through the CM, that what got me mad. If they could have been acquired through the game in a reasonable manner or the cartel I wouldn’t have had a problem with them. Anyways right now you have the choice to get it in game, just like with HK or buy it. I agree they should keep the Legacy requirement in place.

Cubes are for sale or trade between players too. Zero need to use the CM and cartel packs to get them. That's the beauty of tradeable CM items (as compared to other MMOs where store content is bound to character. Cubes are a worthless gimmick that eats up a loot slot in cartel packs.. but that is a different topic.

Edited by Andryah

Cubes are for sale or trade between players too. Zero need to use the CM and cartel packs to get them. That's the beauty of tradeable CM items (as compared to other MMOs where store content is bound to character. Cubes are a worthless gimmick that eats up a loot slot in cartel packs.. but that is a different topic.

Still someone else had to buy them, well the pack, there is no pure in game way you can earn them like HK and the ewok. That what I didn't like, if they had an in game quest or vendor I would have been ok with it. I do love that CM items are tradeable and I think it one of the best choices they have made with the game.:D

Edited by SithEmpress

With Ewok they had a chance to partially fix the problem of having higher legacy level being quite worthless. With putting it on CM, they missed that chance so the problem is still here. I think it's completely natural thing that legacy level should grant something exclusive for it's holders.

So this is the only commentary I have for this decision, it's a missed opportunity by Bioware.

I've already bought everything I don't want to obtain, and they were happy to provide me with it. I have 12 different armor collections, all of the pack, all of the unlocks, the speeders, the weapons, the cosmetics, and the legacy perks purchasable for character and legacy wide. All paid for on a lvl 1 Jedi Knight before he did his first mission. If you don't want to pay for an optional companion, then feel free to go earn it. Personally, I subscribe to the Work smart, not hard philosophy.

Don't you mean the "why work when you can pay to avoid the work" philosophy?