why is dual blasters mercenary/bountyhunter still useless?

Kratier

this is the primary reason why i stopped playing this game, the only effective build for BH was to be a pyro.

i want to play BH the way i want to, why is the majority of its class specs worthless?

Balancing in MMOs is constantly being redone and in flux. Even if they did "fix" it one patch doesn't mean it won't break in the next. Most every class has its ups and downs, times when its the FOTM and times when they're underpowered. Best get used to these currents if you're going to play MMOs, they don't go away.

no, it has been this way since closed beta

dual pistols merc is useless unless you spec pyro

i want viable specs, is that too much to ask for? this is something the skeleton crew of SWTOR's dev team can actually accomplish. i mean the game has failed, why not just allow us to spec whatever way we want now? why am i forced to spec pyro because no other spec is viable

First off, you are completley wrong about this game failing. They wouldn't be giving us the amount of content they are if this game was failing. Secondly, Classes change, thats part of the mmo world. Sorry, when you have thousands and thousands of people playing your game, you can't make everyone happy brah. :rak_04:

i want viable specs, is that too much to ask for? this is something the skeleton crew of SWTOR's dev team can actually accomplish. i mean the game has failed, why not just allow us to spec whatever way we want now? why am i forced to spec pyro because no other spec is viable

On a merc speccing pyro is the dumbest thing one can do.

Arsenal has a better dmg output and the healtree is undesputed the only acceptable tree for a merc healer.

I don't know when you started/stopped playing, but from Launch to 1.2 arsenal was the better choice for a dps and from 1.2 - 2.0 you couldn't really use the merc as a dps in pvp

On a merc speccing pyro is the dumbest thing one can do.

Arsenal has a better dmg output and the healtree is undesputed the only acceptable tree for a merc healer.

I don't know when you started/stopped playing, but from Launch to 1.2 arsenal was the better choice for a dps and from 1.2 - 2.0 you couldn't really use the merc as a dps in pvp

This person speaks the truth.

Pyro sucks IMO. I go arsenal all the way with my 33 merc. Stack tracer missile and BOOM railshot.

I don't usally do this, but this time I call BS, because there was a time before they were nerfed, when Arsenal Mercenaries could be played and do decent damage with only 1 ability.

Founders know about the tracer missile spam and lol-videos with only tracer missile in quick bars, that were posted on the forums in order to complain about it. At launch, Arsenal spec was this strong.

Mercs / Mandos are fine and do plenty good DPS and healing.

People just whine because they are the harder class to play in PvP heal-wise. Sorry you can't roll around like an idiot Scouperative spamming Hots, nor can you hide behide huge bubbles and hit super speed like a Sorc / Sage. Mercs just have a much higher skill cap to be good, and require A LOT of good general awareness to keep yourself alive.

PS: You will never match the survivability and evasion of a Roll-spamming Scouperative because they're broke. That's just the thing - Scops are what's broke, not Mercs.

As for Damage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXsR5Ymh43k

/thread