Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Adding bowcasters again? Really?

Ayelinna

What gave you the idea to bring back bowcasters? Did people whine enough for you to give in and basically make recycled weapons?

You know those bowcasters you got in the Chevin event? You know how unique you feel now that you were part of a one time event and received one time rewards from that one time event?

Well its over, because now everyone will have another chance to run around with bowcasters and now when you use a bowcaster people aren't going to wonder or ask you where you obtained it because they will automatically assume you got it from the new bounty hunting event.

"Oh you've been playing in this game since release, you got a bowcaster from one of those unique events? Well guess what, I've been playing for 2 weeks and I already have a bowcaster"

Why does Bioware want to destroy uniqueness in the game?

If you have UNIQUE EVENTS, you should keep the rewards UNIQUE. And let me guess, this new event will occur over and over and over?

And an ewok with a bowcaster? for real bioware? "What should we add to this bounty hunting event? Hmm i know, an Ewok! And uhhh...let him use a bowcaster! YAY! "

Edited by Ayelinna

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gave you the idea to bring back bowcasters? Did people whine enough for you to give in and basically make recycled weapons?

You know those bowcasters you got in the Chevin event? You know how unique you feel now that you were part of a one time event and received one time rewards from that one time event?

Well its over, because now everyone will have another chance to run around with bowcasters and now when you use a bowcaster people aren't going to wonder or ask you where you obtained it because they will automatically assume you got it from the new bounty hunting event.

"Oh you've been playing in this game since release, you got a bowcaster from one of those unique events? Well guess what, I've been playing for 2 weeks and I already have a bowcaster"

If you have UNIQUE EVENTS, you should keep the rewards UNIQUE. And let me guess, this new event will occur over and over and over?

And an ewok with a bowcaster? for real bioware?

Get over it.

And an ewok with a bowcaster? for real bioware? "What should we add to this bounty hunting event? Hmm i know, an Ewok! And uhhh...let him use a bowcaster! YAY! "

Not really, the ones we got from the event is very cool and unique in their design. The news ones are scrap-metal :rak_03:

All im hearing is "waaaaaah! Bioware is taking away my special buttefly feelings"...

Get over it.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well..

Since this happend, now I want the Containment Officer title back, since I've switched mains since then.

Argument: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Lets see if it works!

I think it does work! Lets all whine to get the black green crystal back! Lets try and get the founder title back too!

founder title, problem solved.

founder title, problem solved.

Like I said in a previous post, maybe we should all whine and cry to get the founded title back.

I mean, that was a one time thing too? So was the chevin event! And the rewards from the chevin event were one time...not anymore!!

State of the SWTOR forums everybody

Oh im sorry.

Im sure you feel that i dont deserve to get a bowcaster (never mind that it looks different from yours) because i didnt participate in the chevin event.

Doesnt matter the reason for me not participating right?

Doesnt matter that my grandmother and father died within a month of eachother and my mother had a breakdown and left me in charge of the funeral arrangements and everything else right?

No... i shouldnt have a chance to get a bowcaster of any kind because you need to feel like a special butterfly.

Am i right?

Thats it isnt it? You need to feel special by denying other players a chance to get a weapontype. Its not the same bowcaster you know. They are different.

But i guess we shouldnt get one just so you can feel that you are cooler than everyone else.

Oh im sorry.

Im sure you feel that i dont deserve to get a bowcaster (never mind that it looks different from yours) because i didnt participate in the chevin event.

Doesnt matter the reason for me not participating right?

Doesnt matter that my grandmother and father died within a month of eachother and my mother had a breakdown and left me in charge of the funeral arrangements and everything else right?

No... i shouldnt have a chance to get a bowcaster of any kind because you need to feel like a special butterfly.

Am i right?

Thats it isnt it? You need to feel special by denying other players a chance to get a weapontype. Its not the same bowcaster you know. They are different.

But i guess we shouldnt get one just so you can feel that you are cooler than everyone else.

I never said you dont deserve it. I simply want unique items to be unique and unique events to be unique which includes those unique items.

So no, you misssed the event, for whatever reason, and so I don't think people should get a second chance. But thats just my opinion.

And yes, I want to be a special butterfly. I role play, and for me this breaks the immersion. I'm sorry you find it so difficult to understand that some people actually want to try to be unique.

Edited by Ayelinna

Yes, it sucks.

No, models on first glance are no different at all, so most people looking at your toon won't see any difference.

But apparently most players from that time(Chevin event) already quit or don't care, so BW has no good reason not to give in and give bowcasters to all.

Why is this a problem? Not feeling special - this is really silly. People want bowcasters, this is another event - be glad that there are events with nice gear and not only cartel market.

Oh, and this is from someone with all 4 event bowcasters.

Am I right in thinking that while these weapons are also bowcasters, they have a different style then the ones that come from the past event in question? I don't see what the problem is, bowcasters are very popular and many players would love to have one. Those who did the first event will still have a unique weapon, while those not playing/could not play the event still have a chance at getting a weapon they like! :)

Am I right in thinking that while these weapons are also bowcasters, they have a different style then the ones that come from the past event in question? I don't see what the problem is, bowcasters are very popular and many players would love to have one. Those who did the first event will still have a unique weapon, while those not playing/could not play the event still have a chance at getting a weapon they like! :)

Hey, hey, hey. We will not have logic and reasoning in the SWTOR forums. Calm down with that stuff.

I have all the bowcasters from the Chevin event and have no problem with them appearing again since they come with a new skin. I really like the old versions, but newer player must also have shiney stuff to get in the game. The new weapons having a different look is enough for me.

I mean, that was a one time thing too? So was the chevin event! And the rewards from the chevin event were one time...not anymore!!

You are confusing an event with a reward.

By the way.... the Chevin event rewards remain one time rewards given out during the event.

Are they introducing another bowcaster? OR are the introducing the bowcasters from the Chevin event?

You saying there should never be another bowcaster in the game is like saying there should only ever be one mount , or one lightsaber or one blaster or one potato peeler in game. In other words.. it's silly and misplaced.

Like I said in a previous post, maybe we should all whine and cry to get the founded title back.

Do you know why Bioware is putting in another bowcaster? Isn't self-evident? They wanted to see you have a melt-down and revert to being toddler. ;)

I never said you dont deserve it. I simply want unique items to be unique and unique events to be unique which includes those unique items.

So no, you misssed the event, for whatever reason, and so I don't think people should get a second chance. But thats just my opinion.

And yes, I want to be a special butterfly. I role play, and for me this breaks the immersion. I'm sorry you find it so difficult to understand that some people actually want to try to be unique.

Oh thats interesting. I roleplay too.

And oddly enough i dont need unique items to give me immersion.

Especially not when keeping it "unique" would mean that you remove an entire type of weapon from the game forever (ie. bowcasters) just so that there will never be another weapon of that type.

Note that i said "of that type" since these bowcasters dont look the same as the ones from the older event.

You are not unique btw. There are others out there with the exact same bowcaster as you. So that argument doesnt hold. In fact, there is nothing in the game that is unique. There is always someone else with the same stuff.

There will always be someone else with the exact same outfit combination. And the exact same face and hair.

But what you are talking about is being unique at the cost of other peoples enjoyment.

Bottom line is, your bowcaster is still unique. There just happens to be other kinds of bowcasters out there now. Just like there are different kinds of sniper rifles, blaster rifles, blaster pistols, assault cannons, lightsabers, double bladed lightsabers, swords and swordstaffs.

A bowcaster is just a type of weapon.

And yours still looks different from the ones released in 2.3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.