[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

IGotRawr

This. I could not have said it better.

the same statement since launch .-) well, its not true. were not all newbs or stupid, its as easy as putting the blame on lags, bugs and engine everytime.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadows are dark blue. They stealth. Not that I'm sure being unable to tell Imp from Rep is something you'd be happier to accept than just being wrong about stealth sorcs. Could even be someone entering a Smuggle field.

Also, damage is calculated server-side, you can't up smash damage 100% by changing client-side files.

1- Smuggle DOES NOT work on in-combat targets.

2- Pretty sure I can tell Reps from Imps (though always wondered why the class logo colors of shadows/sages and sorcerers/assassins were swapped).

3- Damage is calculated server-side depending the data your client sends, hence the skill tree editing affecting damage.

On a 2nd note:

It's a lot easier to dismiss these concerns by assigning a 'OMG you killed me, you hax!' attitude to somebody who expresses them on the forums, heck 90% of the posts in this section are pure senseless QQ'ing, or even very politely call them a noob. After thousands of warzones played I have only once encountered a clear hacker in a regular warzone on ToFN, and it was just a simple speedhack, which is not even that big of a deal as a noob will a noob wether he moves at regular movement speed or 1000x that. The problem I've been referring to all along was the skill tree editing employed by all the so-called 'top' pvp guilds, bar their primary pvp teams, which are actually good and deserve all the credit and respect they're given by their streams' viewers, all the 'secondary' pvp teams from those guilds you find in RWZ will have some kind of fishy business going on. Pretty sure I've mentioned earlier I got smash for about 20k in a 1 on 1 when I was playing my guardian tank all because I was keeping a smashmonkey away from our healers. Wether you believe this or not it's truly up to you, I won't press the issue anymore I'd just like to see people keep an open mind instead of dismissing every complaint about hacking as a 'Noob QQ'ing thread'.

I have a toon in almost every class. I know their abilities. When you've got a Sorcerer stealthing, or a sniper healing, or even when you've got 3 members of your ops group pounding the hell out of 1 member of the other team, and he's skipping around you like he's flying ( feet not even touching the ground), and when you've got someone capping your turret or Pylon without coming out of stealth. That's hacking. It's people like that that shouldn't be playing. I'm not saying I'm the best pvper, but I do know the strengths and weaknesses of every type of class. Healers that reduce my hp by half with 1 shot? not possible My hp are generally near or over 30k in pvp, and I'm wearing the best gear possible at the lvl I'm at.

This.

I have seen a one second arming of the left door in Voidstar. Was it lag? No way......

1- Smuggle DOES NOT work on in-combat targets.

2- Pretty sure I can tell Reps from Imps (though always wondered why the class logo colors of shadows/sages and sorcerers/assassins were swapped).

3- Damage is calculated server-side depending the data your client sends, hence the skill tree editing affecting damage.

On a 2nd note:

It's a lot easier to dismiss these concerns by assigning a 'OMG you killed me, you hax!' attitude to somebody who expresses them on the forums, heck 90% of the posts in this section are pure senseless QQ'ing, or even very politely call them a noob. After thousands of warzones played I have only once encountered a clear hacker in a regular warzone on ToFN, and it was just a simple speedhack, which is not even that big of a deal as a noob will a noob wether he moves at regular movement speed or 1000x that. The problem I've been referring to all along was the skill tree editing employed by all the so-called 'top' pvp guilds, bar their primary pvp teams, which are actually good and deserve all the credit and respect they're given by their streams' viewers, all the 'secondary' pvp teams from those guilds you find in RWZ will have some kind of fishy business going on. Pretty sure I've mentioned earlier I got smash for about 20k in a 1 on 1 when I was playing my guardian tank all because I was keeping a smashmonkey away from our healers. Wether you believe this or not it's truly up to you, I won't press the issue anymore I'd just like to see people keep an open mind instead of dismissing every complaint about hacking as a 'Noob QQ'ing thread'.

A 20k smash? I put it to you sir this is a tissue of lies

How about my buddy Contrux - stupid Vanguard who somehow puts up 600k+ heals in a warzone. Absolute cheating piece of crap!

Or...he's a mando medic using a blaster rifle. HAH!

I was gonna say 'Damn that vanguard tank spamming energy shield and Adrenaline Rush in stalemate matches!' and then I read the last part <.< Still good fun :D