The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No I won't skip the scene.

Damatese

Now that I know it is terribly annoying I will be sure to ALWAYS watch the cut scenes REGARDLESS of how many times I've done the mission just because you know, I'm that guy.

And your are probably a terrible player. Such an ignorant way of thinking is not found among intelligent or skilled people.

Unfortunately, I stay away from PUGs entirely. I stick with guild groups only and it makes my life and play time what I want it to be. Relaxing. Too many kids with entitlement issues for me to even think about playing outside my guildies.

the moral of the story, he ninja'd a Jedi Item.

people farm flashpoints aswell as otherthings for items and other drops. You'll meet them everywhere at every level. But me and my buds take it easy, if its your first or second time, its realy okay that you enjoy the sceneray, thats a huge part of the game, and should be enjoyed. but if you tag along for the third or fourth run, please skip it stalls the farming procsess :p

I did my first FP yesterday; I really enjoyed the story, and was glad the people I was with didn't seem to be in a mad hurry to farm it and move on. I understand that events do play out differently depending on which response "wins" the group conversations, so I'm looking forward to seeing a different story.

Also, it was one of the first times in an MMO, ever, that I had an experience similar to what I get all the time in tabletop games... namely, having to deal with someone else's actions in a story-driven context instead of "You moron, you aggroed the wrong mob!" At some point, we were given the choice to deal with someone or kill them. I chose the light-side option, to let him live, and the next thing I knew, one of my fellow players had whipped out a lightsabre and beheaded the poor shnook!

I'm hoping that a culture evolves that respects the fact that the story/cut-scenes/decision points are the only thing that makes SWTOR significantly different from every other theme park MMO, and that people want to watch them and to experiment with different paths.

Have not had that happen to me yet, no one has complained that I watch all the cinematics. If I am grouping with someone who has not seen it or just flat out wants to watch them again I have no problem with it, I probably will want to watch them again as well.

That kind of mindset is like the people that have to drive 75 in a 65, you are going to get there 10 minutes faster but there is a better than not chance you will ruin someones day in the process.

This happen to me yesterday. Just got to fleet and was wide eye with excitement. Essseles was the first dungeon available and I was excited to try it out. End :eek:up going with another group of level 14 and onr 18. Two boss in and they.started to yell at me to skip the scene. I myself was imtrestwd in tje story andrefuaed. Then the abuse started lasted for the rest of the run. In spite the gun user.rolled need on a jedi item and proceeded to taunt me.by tellimg me to learn to play and when people said skip I bettwr skip

Get a guild. A group of like-minded people will stop this and help you enjoy the game.