My biggest problem with the Cartel Market

gunnerjoe

Why does all the good looking gear have to be in the Cartel Market? Look at all the non Cartel Market gear 1-55 and you will see a bunch of copy and paste gear with just a different level put to them. It doesn't help that each piece of gear in the Cartel Market cost either $14.00 or are in a pack that you honestly don't have much a chance of getting anyway. As a subscriber, there should be a way to get subscriber exclusive gear because I honestly don't want to wait 3 months (500 cartel coins each month) just so I can buy a piece of gear that I like. I shouldn't have to shell out real life cash to get unique gear, that shouldn't have to happen.

What I find most distressing is that a lot of the stuff on there is just reskinned models. Not much of it is truly original. I have not finished Makeb as yet (only got back a few days ago and been waiting on server transfers) so Ican not say if there is really all that much new Content either.

Like the Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest!
Wait, that one exists in orange version, at least the chest is identical (I know since I was browsing medium armors getting all jelly that my Consular can't wear it)

I'm talking about stuff like the "Agent's chest/pants/gloves" set from Hutta. You see 90% of fresh Agents that arrived at fleet for he first time in this chest, people love it, it looks great on everyone yet doesn't exist in orange version (and no, similar models can't be dyed for the same effect)

Edited by Pietrastor

Wait, that one exists in orange version, at least the chest is identical (I know since I was browsing medium armors getting all jelly that my Consular can't wear it)

I'm talking about stuff like the "Agent's chest/pants/gloves" set from Hutta. You see 90% of fresh Agents that arrived at fleet for he first time in this chest, people love it, it looks great on everyone yet doesn't exist in orange version (and no, similar models can't be dyed for the same effect)

It exists as an orange piece, but it's not adaptive! My Consular needs it! :(

It exists as an orange piece, but it's not adaptive! My Consular needs it! :(

I see, though my point was that many looks don't exist even in non-adaptive orange version. Even the classes the armors were specifically designed for can't wear them at end-game, let alone other classes.

Edited by Pietrastor

I see, though my point was that many looks don't exist even in non-adaptive orange version. Even the classes the armors were specifically designed for can't wear them at end-game, let alone other classes.

I'd say the same thing applies for all armors. With RotHC, maybe they should've turned all armors into adaptive and had just mods drop.

I see these quotes all the time on here and it's pretty sad that everything anyone wants comes with the line "when it's on the cartel market." Obviously the old way of MMOs is dying and with it dying it's bringing in the wave of instant gratification. That's all it is. People too impatient to sit and play the game and get what they want so they leave. And obviously a company that runs a game needs players so they have to fold to the majority. But is is sad isn't it?

I remember being so excited to get the trench coat in one of the packs because it was awesome! Then I got it and thought meh, how boring. Now what? There used to be meaning in the items you'd obtain, but this game spits on that idea a good amount.

I do like a few of the Kell Dragon sets which are only obtainable through NiM OPs, woah you gotta play the game!!! I was happy about that and hopefully they keep adding sets in that are actually worth putting the time investment in. Instant gratification only sells so much. They need to focus on making a good core game. Better end game, better optimization, and story. That's what they need, not fluff garbage on the CM for the instant gratification cry babies.

Trust me man, Id rather achieve it in game.

In beta, everything was modable. I wish they would bring that back.

Yeah, everything was "moddable". Items had random mod slots "opened up", resulting in chaos. Not pretty.

I wish BW allowed crafters to make "Modification kits" a la Augmentation kits - to allow previously unmoddable items to be moddable. Downside would be stripping the item of all stats (would be a pain to assign mods to all unmodded items), but in return, you get the fully moddable version of your greenie.

Edited by Helig