The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting off a mount causes comp to return from gathering mission.

Ashenti

I observed similar effects, but the mission costs were refunded:

Last used companion stops crafting when unmounting.

Reproduction:

- Unmount.

- Send active companion crafting or on a crew skill mission.

- Mount up.

- Unmount.

-> Companion stops crafting/mission, is summoned automatically.

(Mats/credits have bee returned.)

I observed similar effects, but the mission costs were refunded:

Last used companion stops crafting when unmounting.

Reproduction:

- Unmount.

- Send active companion crafting or on a crew skill mission.

- Mount up.

- Unmount.

-> Companion stops crafting/mission, is summoned automatically.

(Mats/credits have bee returned.)

Also as happens when you get interrupted or otherwise logged out due to inactivity (Anyone else have that happen while checking the GTN or am I just too into my searches? ).

When this happens, not only is the Companion forced to be resummoned, you lose all the credits you spent for that mission and the time that was already used in the process of the mission.

I've sadly lost loads of credits due to this bug along with countless hours when I am in crafting mode and constantly logging between my characters. Best to remain on the ship doing this as the companion can't be pulled away from a mission to stand by your side.

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a Cathar issue or a general one. When I send my companion on a crafting mission and I dismount my Speeder or Turbo Boots, the companion is immediately re-summoned to me, stopping what he/she is doing. This is a recent issue I think as it hasn't happened before.

Your time with this issue is greatly appreciated:ph_thank_you:

Ok just looked, it's not just a Cathar issue ;)

Edited by Phantomfar

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a Cathar issue or a general one. When I send my companion on a crafting mission and I dismount my Speeder or Turbo Boots, the companion is immediately re-summoned to me, stopping what he/she is doing. This is a recent issue I think as it hasn't happened before.

Your time with this issue is greatly appreciated:ph_thank_you:

Ok just looked, it's not just a Cathar issue ;)

This has happened to me both on my Inquisitor and Operative, both human.

In my case it happens to all my characters, no matter the class or side (Imperial or Republic).

And yes, it's über annoying. :(

Ps. I have already cleaned the game cache and repaired the client and this bug persists.

Edited by rivalschools

This is a bug since the fix that sumon your comp when you dismount. People complained becausr he wasn't sumoned while in a group or in a discussion. Now it stops even your missions or crafts to sumon it ><

Yes, but there is no fix, since my companion doesn't come back when I'm in a group and dismount, but Hey! you can interrupt any crafting task you have, just send your active companion to a CS misión and voilá! when you dismount he/she will return cancelling the misión :mad:

I hope they roll back the damn fixes

I'd like to add, this bug also happens when you log in/out or at times, when you enter/exit instances. If your summoned companion is crafting/gathering, they will stop the mission upon logging in, if the mission was not finished when you log in.

This is particularly frustrating for me as I want to be able to fight without my companion. Because dialogue cutscenes cancel 'dismiss', the only way to get rid of your companion for any length of time is to send them on long gathering missions. Now that doesn't work either. :mad:

Looking forward to a fix. :o

Read http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=657478 Thread for a small workaround......however you can do it once as you can dismiss, mount and dismount your speeder and the mount it again and dismount a second time and back the companion comes....works once at a time so just don't get off ya speeder lol

Enjoy, until they patch the patch :)

Edited by Phantomfar

I'm going to bump and ask that this be clarified in one respect. The Known In-Game Issues thread reads:

If an active Companion Character is on a Crew Skill mission, dismounting a vehicle or summoning the companion will cancel the mission.

Certainly this is true and I can understand why it would take precedence, but please also note - as stated above - that the companions speak their summoned dialogue every single time the player dismounts from a speeder or their rocket boots. This is exceptionally annoying and, since it is not currently listed, I hope it will be considered a part of the current issue. It's likely the mechanics are connected, but please help... I'm tired of muting voices between cutscenes.

Edited by AlyoshaCephas