The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The GREATEST Non-Force Users!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except HK clearly overlooks the important detail of precognition, in which could tell the Jedi ahead of time that danger is right there. At any rate, since no one else seems to be speaking up against HK gets the 5 slot.

Now who do I have nominations for #6?

Except HK clearly overlooks the important detail of precognition, in which could tell the Jedi ahead of time that danger is right there. At any rate, since no one else seems to be speaking up against HK gets the 5 slot.

Perhaps, but the Mandalore doesn't. He also details a few ideas Revan had about how to limit the influence of a Jedi's "gifts". If you haven't heard the conversation before whilst playing through KotOR II I whole-heartedly recommend youtubing "HK-47, how to kill a Jedi".

Now who do I have nominations for #6?

Actually Wolf, battle precog (what you are referring to) is uncommon. Most Jedi rely on a sense of danger based on the hostility of their living opponents and sensing their presence in the force, hence why droids are often more effective against jedi than flesh and blood assassins. That said I like HK-47 over MtU, #5 and #6 imo.

Actually Wolf, battle precog (what you are referring to) is uncommon. Most Jedi rely on a sense of danger based on the hostility of their living opponents and sensing their presence in the force, hence why droids are often more effective against jedi than flesh and blood assassins. That said I like HK-47 over MtU, #5 and #6 imo.

Yes I know, but were not talking about droids with that. MOVING ON though....so I guess no one has problems with MTU being 6? Y'all sure you can't think of anymore nominations for 6?

I don't think it's as much that he can fire a blaster. I feel he could easily go there based on his growth as a fighter especially during the New Jedi Order era. He helped in so many fights, lost a few friends and still came out shooting. I think we underestimate his combat abilities.

I mean he killed Boba Fett with his blaster prowess and skill ... right? ... RIGHT?!

Jango however, the entire clone army was modelled after him. The clones would have had most of his combat ability, albeit Jango may know more than each of them. He was one of the greatest Bounty Hunter's in the known galaxy. He killed Jedi, Gangsters, nobles, etc. He was hired for the largest sum of money, and he had to make sure he was ready to fight.

Han vs Jango though? My money is on Han just for the PURE solo luck - which his daughter even thought was base force sensitivity at her own wedding.

Edited by wuzzuliki

Grand Admiral Thrawn should be Number One. His genius, charisma, ability to rally people and cold blooded analytical skills (top notch) cannot be matched by almost anyone in the Galaxy. He is one of those villain who you can understand and start respecting. He deserves respect and fear.

Any particular reasons? Though...I am unsure of some of them.

Sure!

HK-47 and associated droids first.

HK-47

One of the most notorious droid series in the galaxy, the Hunter-Killer, or HK, series of assassin droids are shrewd, disdainful of organic life, and extremely deadly in combat. Perhaps the most famous unit from the series, HK-47, was custom-built by Darth Revan to serve as his personal assassin during the Jedi Civil War. The droid continued to be spotted continuously throughout centuries, though its tasks and current masters are unknown. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

This sentient HK series assassin droid was developed by Czerka Corporation during the Great Sith War. It once destroyed an entire building in order to eliminate a single target, and its merciless pursuit of its targets was well known. (Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia)

During the battle of Malachor, HK-47 rallied a group of HK-50 assassin droids to fight back and defeat G0-T0. Records fail to indicate what became of HK-47, but their was evidence that the droid managed to store its consciousness in a variety of droid systems in a span of millennia. HK-47 reappeared on Mustafar during the Galactic Civil War, leading a gang of automata killing everything they encountered. (Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia)

The HK series was still banned in many systems, specially after the role of the HK-47 had a prominent role in the Jedi Civil War and later during the Sith Civil War.

A self-sentient killing machine, HK-47 was far more than an ordinary combat droid. Created four thousand years ago, he came equipped with a devastating arsenal of high-powered weaponry, a ruthless and single-minded pursuit of his termination targets, and a pre-programmed disregard for all organic life. This Hunter-Killer model is one of the most dangerous assassins in the galaxy.

And yet, he was also a protocol droid.

The incongruity did not go unnoticed, even by HK-47. For a time, his memory was partially wiped, and he could not piece together his history. He knew that he just wanted to blast a few "meatbags," but the droid wasn't sure exactly why he wanted to do that. Or how he came to regard organic life as "meatbags." Or why he was so well equipped to gleefully dish out violence.

Instead, HK-47 found himself in a droid shop in Anchorhead, part of the Ithorian Yuka Laka's inventory of goods. The HK model was rumored to have been created by Czerka Corporation to eliminate the heads of rival companies. Units such as these were quite capable of laying waste to an entire building in an effort to dispose of a single target. This wanton carnage, combined with the tendency of the droid's previous owners to come to rather gruesome ends, has led most civilized planets to issue explicit bans on all HK-model assassin droids. (Star Wars: Databank)

This HK-series assassin droid achieved infamy just before the Jedi Civil War. Although outwardly resembling a Systech Corporation unit, he was actually built by Darth Revan as a method of silencing political opponents. HK-47 has had many masters besides Revan, as well–corporate figures, crime lords, Hutts and Mandalorians–who have tried to harness his assassination protocols, usually with disastrous results. Three centuries ago, after being found and repaired by the Jedi Exile, HK-47 helped defeat the Sith Triumvirate. After the fighting ended, he was kept in trust by the re-formed Jedi Order, much to his dismay; with the galaxy still in turmoil, the Jedi were concerned that HK-47 would start “helpfully” removing troublesome individuals. Then, during routine maintenance, an engineer accidentally activated an unknown command in HK-47′s systems. Soon after, the droid disappeared from Jedi custody and left for deep space. The Jedi’s records claim that HK-47 has been destroyed and rebuilt several times since his creation. Darth Malgus’s agents are said to have recently recovered HK-47′s components from a mysterious facility built into an asteroid. Now reassembled and upgraded, HK-47 has become one of Darth Malgus’s most formidable weapons. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Codex Entry)

To sum it up, HK-47 possessed unprecedented combat and survival capabilities; by all accounts, arguably the most feared droid introduced in the mythos.

You know what ultimate discovery the separatists had made which reassured them victory over the Republic during the Galactic Civil War? HK series droids (including HK-47) on Mustafar. However, Darth Sidious sent Darth Vader to eliminate Separatists leaders on Mustafar after the success of his Order 66 plan.

When HK-47 was re-activated on Mustafar, it killed several engineers, 3 (B2) super battle droids and 1 droideka easily; the survivors had to shut it down to prevent further massacre. Several centuries earlier, it single-handily held off an extremely potent Imperial Strike Team sent to assassinate Revan for a while (this is tremendous display of skill and fighting ability for a single droid).

More: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/7/6938/HK-47_News.jpg

HK-51

The sophisticated HK-51 droid design is capable of tremendous acts of violence. The model's disappearance have almost certainly made the galaxy a safer place. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Well HK is already in the 5th spot, were working on the 6th now. If we have no more nominations for the 6th spot then its down to...

1. MTU= Mandalore the Ultimate

2. Jango

3. Han Solo

dude, you totally missed Phow Ji. Turn all three into pretzels bare handed.

dude, you totally missed Phow Ji. Turn all three into pretzels bare handed.

He doesn't really have much on him, but if your nominating him for 6 then alright. So we got another...anyone would like to make a case or cases for one of or all of the 4 then go ahead.

MTU was a contender for number 5 for a reason ! :D His combat skills are incredible and is a trained and proved Mandalorian. His exploits could easily get him the Number 6 spot.

However - both Han and Jango could also get it and I'd understand why. Both have proved themselves in different ways through war or notoriety. Both have shown their combat skills and both are efficient. Maybe Jango's gadgets would give him an edge here, but again, Solo Luck attributes to Han's ability tremendously.

So for me, Mando or Han would fit here. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Han over bias (favourite character) but putting that aside, MTU would likely kill him in a straight fight. so MTU gets my vote.

He doesn't really have much on him, but if your nominating him for 6 then alright. So we got another...anyone would like to make a case or cases for one of or all of the 4 then go ahead.

I know he took entire separatist squads on alone, with either a rifle, or bare handed, and came out ontop most times. Beat a jedi for Teras Kasi champion. Given Beskar'gam armor, guy would of been a human wrecking machine incarnite. The fact he did as much as he did, usually wearing nothing more than utilities, while psychotic, shows the physical prowess of the man.

Pound for pound, probably could of taken on any of the Imperial guards hand to hand and could of won. Had he lived, money on old Palpatine drafting him into service as a guard.

Well HK is already in the 5th spot, were working on the 6th now. If we have no more nominations for the 6th spot then its down to...

HK-47 was the most feared assassin droid in the galactic history, period. HK-47 also had greatest exposure to combat operations in comparison to any other assassin droid (most well-learned about combat operations accordingly), packing enough firepower to lay waste to buildings in pursuit of targets and being able to match/assassinate even Jedi. It should rank higher then IG-88 series.

No canonical source argues that IG-88 series was superior to HK series. Not even Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia.

1. MTU= Mandalore the Ultimate

2. Jango

3. Han Solo

From these 3, I would vouch for MTU. He is arguably the most talented Mandalorian; he managed to organize Mandalorian factions like no one else and spearheaded the most successful Mandalorian (war) campaigns in galactic history. Some (very) famous Mandalorians served him such as Cassus Fett, Demagol, Canderous Ordo (next Mandalore) and Bendak Starkiller.

Combat skills wise, MTU was acknowledged as the greatest Mandalorian warrior by Canderous Ordo himself. This could be true since MTU could subdue a well-trained Jedi with a single blow (this actually happened during one of his meetings with the Republic representatives). Only Revan was able to outduel him in single combat.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD