HK-51 while leveling?

wayneck

How can you get HK without doing the stupidly long and frustrating quest line?

I've never seen where you buy him directly able to play at lv 1???

Clarity would be nice

Once you do it once you can unlock it for alts via the Legacy tab.

How can you get HK without doing the stupidly long and frustrating quest line?

I've never seen where you buy him directly able to play at lv 1???

Clarity would be nice

The mission starting on section X must be completed once per legacy. After that, any other legacy character can unlock him via the legacy unlock screen, 1mil credits per character. Or with CCs, but I forget the amount of these it takes. I wanna say around 350?

So if I understand this correct, if I really wanted too, I could buy enough stuff off the GTN to get HK-51 outfitted in the equivalent of Basic comm gear?

That's correct. Assuming they are on the market, you can just buy all the purple 66 mods you want, fill up his orange shells, and have fully Basic level kit on him. If you have boatloads of credits, you also can buy the first two tiers above Basic, but they're hella more expensive because they require exotic mats (the ones that only drop in raids). The purple 66s are the highest rating that is craftable only with ordinary mats.

The only difference in crafted and commendation gear is that crafters can only make the A and B variants of mods, and not the unlettered ones. If you must have the unlettered mods, you can buy (some) of them from the Basic comms vendor. But the difference in overall stats between all crafted and all comms mods would be slight (the lettered craftable ones are just a little heavier on endurance and lighter on the main and secondary stats).

The armorings and enhancements are exactly the same (and in some cases you can get crafted ones that are not available for comms).

Edited by Heezdedjim

Yes it is, especially when you buy items with comms just for the mods but you can't use the armorings. I have a bank full of 69/72 head and foot armorings because they tend to have the enhancements and mods that I want... and I just can't bring myself to vendor the armorings and my companions are decked out already.

If you can obtain enough armorings from commendations/drops just level a cybertech and buy 1 set of legacy gear... and go grind OPS or credits for MMGs.

Problem solved.

HK with Rare/Artifact 28 equipment do more damage than any other DPS companion in same gear (I craft those for my chars so I tested them).

Lower levels ... got some presence and collectable sniper rifle, it can kill mob packs before you got to them.

Modable knife you could get from capital planet.

Collectable crystal +41 stat for level 10 from GTN.

Rest of gear till EG is easy if you have cybertech and underworld trading.

Only issue here is to get 30/31 barrel for offhand ... but if you are going to use 30/31 on companions you could afford to get some MMG from OPS, Isotope 5 from comms (31) and make a deal with crafter/craft them.

Edited by morfius

Yes it is, especially when you buy items with comms just for the mods but you can't use the armorings. I have a bank full of 69/72 head and foot armorings because they tend to have the enhancements and mods that I want... and I just can't bring myself to vendor the armorings and my companions are decked out already.

Level cybertech and buy set of legacy gear...

What does Legacy Gear have to do with it?

Detailed explanation - if you have multiple alts with different crafting proffessions (at least Artfice/Cybertech/Armstech) legacy gear allows you to do OPS with your main and transfer via LG loot you don't need (and nobody else do so you could take it for RE) or stuff bought with coms to alts ... RE and get recipe for crafting.

Most annoying material here are MMGs ... but if you do OPS, those are not so big issue.

Otherwise just grind tons and tons of credits - and get them from GTN.

Pure fun begin when you crit on crafting and get 2 at price of 1... just trade for mats and do it again.

For now this is only way (doing it or trading with someone doing it) to gear HK (and other droids) with 30/31 gear.

Edited by morfius