The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert saber

I want an invisible saber for my sorcerer, who never actually uses the saber at all. I like the look of casting lightning bare-handed. The saber just looks positively clunky during Force Lightning.

Edit (in response to IsapientiaI):

Taking off your saber already has no effect in scenes that require it. You'll just see a "default" saber. The same thing could apply to the covert saber, with the exception that it could use the color crystal you selected.

Edited by BellaEva

i agree with you, but a covered lightsaber would make certain cutscenes look rather rediculous. i personally prefer an option you could tick, that makes your char keeping the lightsaber at your belt.

Taking off your saber already has no effect in scenes that require it. You'll just see a "default" saber. The same thing could apply to the covert saber, with the exception that it could use the color crystal you selected.

Oh I was thinking like a saber was covert, but you can see the inside of it and the color crystal. <_<

But I agree I look silly on my Sage with a lightsaber I never use.

What would look even sillier is a marauder or juggernaut with covert sabers for weapons. I would say that any covert sabers should also have the tags 'inquisitor and consular only' on it.

What would look even sillier is a marauder or juggernaut with covert sabers for weapons. I would say that any covert sabers should also have the tags 'inquisitor and consular only' on it.

The idea is to have it only appear when specifically needed. For example, it would appear for juggernauts, in cutscenes, and even for a consular who used either of the 2 saber abilities (which aren't even on my bar, but they are there...)

It would NOT appear while sheathed, casting Force Lightning, running around, etc.

What we need is not a covert lightsaber but a medallion or talisman that can be wielded by a Sorceror/Sage in their primary hand. That way they could program it to deal 0 damage (And prevent the use of the 2 default sabre attack powers) so even if it was made so other classes could use it as it would provide no damage their would be little reason to. If they made the medallion say on a small chain and it wasn't overly huge I think it would look cool and it would fit in with the universe aka Muur Talisman.

Holocrons would also be a possibility.

- Raith

What we need is not a covert lightsaber but a medallion or talisman that can be wielded by a Sorceror/Sage in their primary hand. That way they could program it to deal 0 damage (And prevent the use of the 2 default sabre attack powers) so even if it was made so other classes could use it as it would provide no damage their would be little reason to. If they made the medallion say on a small chain and it wasn't overly huge I think it would look cool and it would fit in with the universe aka Muur Talisman.

Holocrons would also be a possibility.

- Raith

The problem with 0 damage is that sorcerer/sage abilities still scale off your saber stats for reasons of game mechanics, regardless of whether the animations use the saber or not.