Thanaton's potential wasted?

ShenLongKazama

Well Thanaton is actually one of my favorite SW characters, but i think his character potential was wasted in SWTOR. He became an ******e, although he was still powerful. But in the Blood of the empire comic he was pretty ******, standing before the Dark Council and demanding his rise up to a Darth. :rak_02:

Well Thanaton is actually one of my favorite SW characters, but i think his character potential was wasted in SWTOR. He became an ******e, although he was still powerful. But in the Blood of the empire comic he was pretty ******, standing before the Dark Council and demanding his rise up to a Darth. :rak_02:

That's okay. He got off easy.

At the very least Thanaton didn't have the reputation of being THAT powerful.

Emperor the most powerful force user in the galaxy, got beat by a Jedi who needs help in defeating much lower rated Sith than the Emperor.

I never thought Thanaton was particularly gutsy (aka bad***). Definitely didn't strike me as strong. He was more of a tricky sort. One of my favorite Siths ever instead was Exal Kressh. Now THAT was bad***. Too bad she was only a one-story antagonist, but a really cool one. She inspired my Marauder somewhat.

But I agree with you that in inquisitor story what potential Thanaton had, was wasted pretty efficiently. Lets say that all that posturing and running away didn't do him any good. And if he could have defeated the SI at any time, why didn't he do it, or at least try again earlier? The whole story was so awkwardly put together.

I never thought Thanaton was particularly gutsy (aka bad***). Definitely didn't strike me as strong. He was more of a tricky sort. One of my favorite Siths ever instead was Exal Kressh. Now THAT was bad***. Too bad she was only a one-story antagonist, but a really cool one. She inspired my Marauder somewhat.

But I agree with you that in inquisitor story what potential Thanaton had, was wasted pretty efficiently. Lets say that all that posturing and running away didn't do him any good. And if he could have defeated the SI at any time, why didn't he do it, or at least try again earlier? The whole story was so awkwardly put together.

Well that and the Consular story was pretty shaky when i tried out the prologue. Best story i saw out of the bunch i've tried was the agent.

Well written from beginning to end. Just wish that caliber of story had been on all stories.

I agree that he was wasted - from a Storyline perspective.

I think it would have been better if he realised your Inquisitors' potential and became your new Master/Mentor. (He did seem to have a Fair bit of Knowledge of Darkside/Death rituals)

With both Skotia and Zash gone it would have weakened his powerbase somewhat - Who better to replace them with than the person that defeated them both.

From the ending of the Inquisitors story - it looked like Thanaton had a few (pretty openly hostile) enemies on the Dark Council and could have tried to use the Inquisitor and the Forcewalking potential to Bring down some of his enemies and increase his standing/respect amongst them - Maybe even have ambitions for Darth Marr's position.

Sure, there could be a Sudden and Inevitable betrayal at the end - Maybe Even YOU (The Inquisitor) being the betrayer - but I think overall this may have been an opportunity for the Inquisitors story to revolve a bit more around the workings Dark Council politics and the Inquisitors own ambitions for getting there - dare I say - a bit more Sidious/Palpatineish.....

I agree that he was wasted - from a Storyline perspective.

I think it would have been better if he realised your Inquisitors' potential and became your new Master/Mentor. (He did seem to have a Fair bit of Knowledge of Darkside/Death rituals)

With both Skotia and Zash gone it would have weakened his powerbase somewhat - Who better to replace them with than the person that defeated them both.

From the ending of the Inquisitors story - it looked like Thanaton had a few (pretty openly hostile) enemies on the Dark Council and could have tried to use the Inquisitor and the Forcewalking potential to Bring down some of his enemies and increase his standing/respect amongst them - Maybe even have ambitions for Darth Marr's position.

Sure, there could be a Sudden and Inevitable betrayal at the end - Maybe Even YOU (The Inquisitor) being the betrayer - but I think overall this may have been an opportunity for the Inquisitors story to revolve a bit more around the workings Dark Council politics and the Inquisitors own ambitions for getting there - dare I say - a bit more Sidious/Palpatineish.....

Yeah, it's stupid because Teneb Kel was that bold that he confronted the Dark Council and demanded the title of Darth. And in SW:TOR he's just this ******e who tries to not do things on his own.

In the novel it was pretty much confirmed that the Inquistor wasnt seen as powerful lol. The inquistor is on the outs.