Encrypted Datacubes is a DUMB idea

Tealkman

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:

Encrypted Datacubes is the most useless thing they put in the game so far. I wish the person who came up with the Idea and the one that made the latest patch get fired from their jobs.

What is the point with them??? :eek:

Binds on Pick up??? :eek:

Rewards that are 1000% useless??? :eek:

I so need XP boost on my LVL 55??? :eek:

And what ever you do, DO NOT CLICK on them once you used one of the them. You better remember which number you used on which cube on what character.

I want my money back. I have now ended my subscription, removed all forms of payment, this was the last straw for me. It's gone from good, to bad to worthless.

and yet you leave out the biggest insult of them....

it's STORY content..ONLY accessible...from the CM..with CC and real money.

they said the CM was to be cosmetic **** only....now they're putting a small STORY element on it exclusively.

how long before new ops or class stories are CM only?

I've had it with fantasy MMO's but I'm really considering going back to RIFT

and yet you leave out the biggest insult of them....

it's STORY content..ONLY accessible...from the CM..with CC and real money.

they said the CM was to be cosmetic **** only....now they're putting a small STORY element on it exclusively.

how long before new ops or class stories are CM only?

I've had it with fantasy MMO's but I'm really considering going back to RIFT

I like how you leave out you can use Credits to buy them off the gtn :rolleyes:

I like how you leave out you can use Credits to buy them off the gtn :rolleyes:

This is a false argument, because to make these items available on GTN, they always must be bought with CC first. It doesn't matter I do that or somebody else does that. It's an insult and nonsense either case. They Can't be obtained without CC. It doesn't matter who spends them.

and you can add them to your "collection" for 60 cc each.

lets see i have 15 toons. Each one gets all 4 cubes from my collection.

If you choose the "credit boom" on each cube that's 200k each toon. times 15 toons.

thanks for the 3 mil credits bioware!

yup, sure is useless.... wait what?

There are at least 2 other active threads on the Datacubes.

Can we please refrain from spamming the same threads on the forums? There was no reason for this new thread.

/thread

The reason might be devs ignoring the first thread. Maybe when the first page will be full of datacube threads somebody will react as he should already.

If you choose the "credit boom" on each cube that's 200k each toon. times 15 toons.

You didn't read today's patch notes, they took credit boon option away from these.

The reason might be devs ignoring the first thread. Maybe when the first page will be full of datacube threads somebody will react as he should already.

That doesn't happen.

What is more likely? This thread will be flagged as spam, removed, or merged. They've said numerous times to avoid making multiple threads on the same subject.

Devs will either respond when they have something to say on the matter, or continue to ignore it. You would be better off keeping the other thread active.

You didn't read today's patch notes, they took credit boon option away from these.

well, if i get a one week ban for "economy exploit" we will all know why!

hopefully they learned from their last mistake that giving us a way to make easy money, then banning us for doing it is bad customer service.

That doesn't happen.

What is more likely? This thread will be flagged as spam, removed, or merged. They've said numerous times to avoid making multiple threads on the same subject.

Devs will either respond when they have something to say on the matter, or continue to ignore it. You would be better off keeping the other thread active.

There is always something to say on every matter. But some things they are ashamed to say in public.

Since when is a quick mission to Nar Shadda ending in a 1 minute cut scene and a choice between Major XP boost, Major Valor Boost or Credit Boom part of the story??

its just another way to give you a reward..if they included the reward in the pack without the mission you wouldn't be ************ at all..

Christ.......... you people will cry over anything.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

This is a false argument, because to make these items available on GTN, they always must be bought with CC first. It doesn't matter I do that or somebody else does that. It's an insult and nonsense either case. They Can't be obtained without CC. It doesn't matter who spends them.

Ah.. the strawman argument of the hater ever since they started realising that "you can buy it on the GTN" was an actual argument against them complaining they need to pay real money to get it.

Honestly, why do you even CARE that somebody else spends money on it? F2P is all about giving people the freedom to spend more money than others and making sure it improves the game experience for all people. Some people simply have disposable income, why MUST they be limited to only spending 15 dollars a month on their favorite hobby just because you feel nobody should have to spend more real money on it?

Screw this strawman, the forum needs to more actively root out this horrible and useless point and call out anyone who uses it.

Ah.. the strawman argument of the hater ever since they started realising that "you can buy it on the GTN" was an actual argument against them complaining they need to pay real money to get it.

Honestly, why do you even CARE that somebody else spends money on it? F2P is all about giving people the freedom to spend more money than others and making sure it improves the game experience for all people. Some people simply have disposable income, why MUST they be limited to only spending 15 dollars a month on their favorite hobby just because you feel nobody should have to spend more real money on it?

Screw this strawman, the forum needs to more actively root out this horrible and useless point and call out anyone who uses it.

Story content has no business being on CM only, period. Doesn't matter who spends the CC. If it was available as some kind of loot in game AND on the CM for those who don't want to spend the time obtaining it ingame, it would be somewhat acceptable. Not this way.

Edited by zzoorrzz

Story content has no business being on CM only, period. Doesn't matter who spends the CC. If it was available as some kind of loot in game AND on the CM for those who don't want to spend the time obtaining it ingame, it would be somewhat acceptable. Not this way.

what story content ?

Its a mission to a 1 minute cut scene that gives you a choice of a few simple rewards .

There is no story content.

If they didn't include a stupid little mission and just handed you a reward instead you wouldn't have anything to complain about...

But again i will say...this is not anywhere near story content what-so-ever and the fact you are attempting to even call it that is not only laughable but ludicrous.

Please show me where this 1 minute cut scene you end up with has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with any storyline...

seriously i think you and a few others just rage on and on because you have nothing else better to do with your day and try to make issues of of basically nothing.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

There is always something to say on every matter. But some things they are ashamed to say in public.

And clearly you and a few others feel the need to voice the same exact thing over and over again in multiple threads.

THAT is unnecessary.

what story content ?

Its a mission to a 1 minute cut scene that gives you a choice of a few simple rewards .

There is no story content.

If they didn't include a stupid little mission and just handed you a reward instead you wouldn't have anything to complain about...

But again i will say...this is not anywhere near story content what-so-ever and the fact you are attempting to even call it that is not only laughable but ludicrous.

Please show me where this 1 minute cut scene you end up with has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with any storyline...

seriously i think you and a few others just rage on and on because you have nothing else better to do with your day and try to make issues of of basically nothing.

Is the cutscene explaining things that happened in swtor universe? I think so. Then it is a story. You can deny that if you want, but it's an impossible task.

Is the cutscene explaining things that happened in swtor universe? I think so. Then it is a story. You can deny that if you want, but it's an impossible task.

If you think this is story content then you have an active imagination. I have heard the 1 minute cut scenes and watched pretty much all of them on youtube that i haven't got yet myself and NONE of them have anything to do with a story beyond getting that single reward at that time and the "story" ends there. These cut scenes do not add to the game nor take away from it for any player.

Its just an imaginative means to receiving a small reward..and has no bearing whatsoever on any story in the game at all.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

If you think this is story content then you have an active imagination. I have heard the 1 minute cut scenes and watched pretty much all of them on youtube that i haven't got yet myself and NONE of them have anything to do with a story beyond getting that single reward at that time and the "story" ends there. These cut scenes do not add to the game nor take away from it for any player.

Its just an imaginative means to receiving a small reward..and has no bearing whatsoever on any story in the game at all.

It gives you more background information on the events that happened in the story. By story I mean all events that happened in SW universe since player characters arrived on their starting planets until the end of Makeb events. Because that's what game is all about. I think you're mixing "story" with "storyline". These cutscenes have indeed very little to do with most of the storylines. But they have everything to do with the story.

This was accurate until the patch dropped. Credit boom was removed. Isn't that lovely?

It gives you more background information on the events that happened in the story. By story I mean all events that happened in SW universe since player characters arrived on their starting planets until the end of Makeb events. Because that's what game is all about. I think you're mixing "story" with "storyline". These cutscenes have indeed very little to do with most of the storylines. But they have everything to do with the story.

this 1 minute hologram doesn't fill in any blanks. The information the hologram gives in the few seconds it has doesn't enrich the story and the story provided without these "datacubes' isn't in any way lessened or any less interesting then it is with them ...and even if it does give a tiny bit of background info..does it really matter anyways? If the background information as you put it allowed for another quest that you couldn't get without the cube then you might have an argument to make..but considering it doesn't do anything but waste a few minutes of time for some non critical information that lasts about 40 seconds that doesn't honestly enhance anything and no one would even miss if they never heard it and gives you a little token...

i think you are making mountains out of Molehills to quote an old saying and have turned a something that really isn't an issue into this major insult in your own mind .....and i'm sorry but most people just don't see these datacubes as anything more than they are..

a simple side mission to get a simple reward that you could pretty much earn (aside from the credit boom which apparently isn't going to be offered anyways after next patch) from doing many other missions and quests in the game.

Honestly its a pain in the butt to fly to nar shadaa just to get a little Xp boost just like its a pain when finishing chapter 2 now to go to the fleet for a little Xp handout.

this 1 minute hologram doesn't fill in any blanks. The information the hologram gives in the few seconds it has doesn't enrich the story and the story provided without these "datacubes' isn't in any way lessened or any less interesting then it is with them ...and even if it does give a tiny bit of background info..does it really matter anyways? If the background information as you put it allowed for another quest that you couldn't get without the cube then you might have an argument to make..but considering it doesn't do anything but waste a few minutes of time for some non critical information that lasts about 40 seconds that doesn't honestly enhance anything and no one would even miss if they never heard it and gives you a little token...

i think you are making mountains out of Molehills to quote an old saying and have turned a something that really isn't an issue into this major insult in your own mind .....and i'm sorry but most people just don't see these datacubes as anything more than they are..

a simple side mission to get a simple reward that you could pretty much earn (aside from the credit boom which apparently isn't going to be offered anyways after next patch) from doing many other missions and quests in the game.

Honestly its a pain in the butt to fly to nar shadaa just to get a little Xp boost just like its a pain when finishing chapter 2 now to go to the fleet for a little Xp handout.

I think the fair solution would be to give away the cubes for free to everybody, without the reward. I don't care about the reward and so many other people don't. And no, watching the thing on youtube won't fix it, since it's not our mistake. It's BW's mistake, so they should fix it.

Edited by zzoorrzz

Speaking for most people now? Didn't realize you took a survey. It is story. It's insignificant, maybe but it is story. The reward for it doesn't matter. Furthermore, it's a quest. If it falls under the quest log, regardless of why, it is a quest. Therefore, it is story content. Therefore, it should not be on CM.