Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?

PoliteAssasin

lol some people will use any excuse to weasel out of playing ranked games that they know they have litlle chance of winning.

For the record, no team that I know of on our server uses huttball clicking macros -- certainly not any team I've ever played on. I don't even know how such a macro would work.

See also (note point c) :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=3310172&postcount=288

This coming from the player whose rating is so low it doesn't even show up? I'm really scared of you, we all are :rolleyes:

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you fail to Q up. Whatever you say boo. :)

Yes I don't Q, thats why my rating is at least 300 points above yours. Whats sad is that I only started playing ranked about a month ago. You in particular have been at it for a lot longer than that and you no doubt have played more games than I have. :rolleyes:

Just in case your confused how rating works, I made an easy to follow video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar2mJUEuPfU

Edited by J_Fred

a macro for respecing in wouldnt be possible, there are mouseclicks involved. it would have to be a script with either pixel/image recognition or screen locations for mouseclicks.

i think that would be against the rules

Dev post says mouse-over healing is ok and that almost certainly involves a script so I don't think a QoL respec script is disallowed.

Edited by Syberduh

Really all a macro does is do legal actions automated like a computer

The fact that it's legal is the problem, not the macro itself. Disable respeccing inside WZs. I've respec'd inside without macros, did it in about 10 seconds as I know my build.

As for the huttball, it's a skill-reflex based thing, which, in MMOs, always go to hell. Ability Queueing takes out the needed reflex for combat. If that queue didn't exist macros would still be able to do it.

If they do put in macros the abysmal amount of skill required will go down the drain

If they don't put in macros a very small percent of players will have an advantage.

TL;DR report and deal with it

The problem isn't being able to respec in a match, anyone can do that. The problem is respecing in the middle of a battle within 3-4 seconds. If someone tried to do that legitimately, it would hurt the team. But if you push a button and respec to a different flavor of dps, or from heals to dps, along with all of your keybinds being rotated as needed, you can literally play whatever you need on the fly.

Huttball, macros allow players to click significantly faster than those who aren't using macros. So someone who's doing that will always get the ball, unless they're CC'd. A slinger in hunker down for example, could use this macro and be immune to CC while it is in effect, thus guaranteeing them the ball every time even if 3-4 other people who aren't controlled by stuns are spamming their clicks legitimately.

lol some people will use any excuse to weasel out of playing ranked games that they know they have litlle chance of winning.

For the record, no team that I know of on our server uses huttball clicking macros -- certainly not any team I've ever played on. I don't even know how such a macro would work.

See also (note point c) :

Call me when your rating exceeds mine. Then we can see whether I'll take you seriously or not.

I don't get why people always say 'I don't know of anyone who cheats at the high end'. Usually all that means is you don't actually know anybody. This game has a relatively low skill cap so if you are actually good, you'll know that to really stand out in a game where it's hard to come out significantly ahead by skill you need every little bit of help you can get. I've been in plenty of games where people are blatantly cheating and they all swear they're not cheating, and if you didn't know how the cheats work they sure look like legit players to you. The only thing that balances out cheating is fear/risk, i.e. is it really worth it if you think there's some small chance you'll get banned?

In a game of Huttball the team that grabbed the ball more often almost always wins if the two teams are of comparable strength. It's hard to tell the difference between a macro or someone who is just really, really fast. If you make a macro it'd probably just spam click on the middle, which is pretty much what any good player should do whenever the ball is resetting. That's why it's fairly hard to catch these things because you can't always tell the difference between someone who is just extremely fast to someone who is cheating. In games with more powerful scripting language you can do stuff like make usre you always interrupt at the last 0.1s, but a good player can do that most of the time too, so you really have no way of knowing whether that guy is just really good or he's using some kind of tools to help him.

Therefore, a well-designed game should do its best to make cheating irrelevent. Disabling field respecs, for example, and you wouldn't have to worry about someone doing that in the middle of a WZ.

The reason we found out it was a macro was because said players admitted to using them. As far as respecs in a warzone, as I said above that isn't a sin, doing it within 3-4 seconds mid fight with the push of 1 button is.

a macro for respecing in wouldnt be possible, there are mouseclicks involved. it would have to be a script with either pixel/image recognition or screen locations for mouseclicks.

i think that would be against the rules

It is possible, I've seen people do it.

Yet you fail to Q up. Whatever you say boo. :)

Our stance is we're not going to fight teams who use 3rd party programs to influence the game.

this guy has the nerve to talk about rating.../chuckle :rolleyes:

Just stop my dude, you guys aren't really helping your case here. As Myrm said rating is all pvp servers are about, if you plan on transferring to one get used to it. So # me when yours gets higher. ;)

lol dude no one cares about ur 15 k rating so stop bringing that up...smh :o

I dont care about rating. But you guys do which is why I like to point out that mine, and others have higher ones than you and you guys classify yourselves as "hardcore". Don't call us out and expect us not to respond.

It doesn't count when you guys were farming the same bad team over and over for an entire year. You and I both know that we don't farm, if that were the case then only some of our guild would have a high rating and the "victims" of the farming would have low ratings. Also please tell me who I farmed on my powertech, cause whoever it was Tyro and I "farmed" them together :rolleyes:

Try harder next time plz. Or maybe call in more backup? :D

Edited by CommunityDroidFR
repost

Oh look, another thread you guys are tanking. Why am I not surprised? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

and this coming from the guy with 1400 rating (maybe even less) smh :o

just stop

My dude who cares about ratings right?

lol dude no one cares about ur rating so stop bringing that up...smh :o

Take your own advice tyro. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Funny thing about rating: it doesn't mean much if you aren't willing to test it against top competition. Anyone can farm a rating against pugs (apparently some teams are perfectly content to do that). I'm pretty confident it's the case that on pvp servers teams with low ratings who queue consistently get more respect than teams who find endless excuses not to queue (on at least one RP server I know it's the case). :) Edited by Syberduh

Funny thing about rating: it doesn't mean much if you aren't willing to test it against top competition. Anyone can farm a rating against pugs (apparently some teams are perfectly content to do that). I'm pretty confident it's the case that on pvp servers teams with low ratings who queue consistently get more respect than teams who find endless excuses not to queue (on at least one RP server I know it's the case. :)

1. Maybe you chose to farm your rating (what is it btw? its so low it doesn't show) but thats not how we operate.

2. When the "top competition" uses exploits and 3rd party programs to influence the game, I'd hardly consider that a challenge to rise to. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

and this coming from the guy with 1400 rating (maybe even less) smh :o

just stop

Both of my toons that I have played ranked on (19 games on my jugg, and 30 on my powertech last summer) have a 1500+ rating. If you do the math, you can see how many wins/losses with that amount of games played it takes to achieve that number. If we had a ranked scene on BC then I would definitely get more games in. But it just so happens that every one of the 4-5 start up teams I contacted, and the 2 "ranked" teams that transferred from APAC all have either ignored my requests for games, or have not shown up to scheduled events.

We were scheduled to fight your guild last night, and I asked beforehand if we could get an agreement on no macros for the night. My request was denied. No one is afraid to fight you, contrary to what you all may believe. But when there is a team that admits to using an advantage that is not available to everyone in game I will ask them not to use it. If they deny that request, as was done last night, then don't expect us to queue. Quite frankly I don't see how people can talk trash about other players when they have 3rd party programs doing the playing for them. I guess when you lose for nearly a year in ranked you start to do anything you can to secure a win.

Take it easy, guys. No sense getting upset with obvious trolling. We know we'd win. [name redacted] knows we'd win. That's why they get such pleasure from continually promising that they'll play without ever intending to.

Take it easy, guys. No sense getting upset with obvious trolling. We know we'd win. [name redacted] knows we'd win. That's why they get such pleasure from continually promising that they'll play without ever intending to.

Thats why [name redacted] beat you when they fought you. You finished yet? And I take it you're talking to your guys? Because the only ones upset atm are you all.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Thats why [name redacted] beat you when they fought you. You finished yet? And I take it you're talking to your guys? Because the only ones upset atm are you all.

I fully agree that a full 8 [name redacted] are about an even match for a team comprised of 5 players from a guild with almost no ranked experience plus 3 players from our ranked team. It was clearly a significant win for you guys and no one can take that away from you but we'd like to play with more than 3 of ours at once. :)

So its safe to say. That the original poster derailed his own thread. Imagine that.

Last I checked I was the OP, not syberduh, Jballa, or Freddyn - who all derailed the thread, and have a history of it I might add. But I'm guessing you already knew that? ;) Which ITK member are you? Your sig is empty.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

So having recently moved to BC I encountered this in a WZ the other day. I sorta did a derp and had a da*** moment but none the less I saw it. Can't remember the guild but I realise you guys aren't gonna name and shame them but I'll keep an eye out. Just gives me more of an excuse to blow them up :p

the macro for speeder/huttball is sorta cheese and most people know it isn't the macro that gets you the win.

personally, not bothered. the re-spec thing is cool especially if i could store a few specs. but i generally respec almost every map depending on the objective so i have 3+ main specs and even then i make minor adjustmants.

at the end of the day, no one is winning because of macros and you aren't losing to people because they use macros. look for other excuses.

Yeah and when I cheat on my spouse it is because they are not paying me enough attention so it really is not cheating.

How many times has a character with cast spells has to battle a toon with spammable instants. I see have these folks run around me or in front of me or in back and forth directions using the same attacks. On many macros players need an individual key press for movement because there is no steady key press. My targetting and abilitys execution goes haywire. I press keys and click on icons and what I do versus what is showing for damage does not match. I see abilities trigger watch cooldown start and then I am dead in spawn and the ability is no longer on cooldown. There was a hack where folks would have the macros hit windows commands during each key press to disrupt how their character rendered and resolved damage during combat . I think this is a similar situation.

If this was just individual PUGS I would not be so upset, but when I am queing single and then having to face groups of these folks working as a team with voice it becomes unbearable and makes we wish for old fashioned chain stuns. (note I am not putting down good players who do work on a team and single out specific targets)