Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?

PoliteAssasin

That's from a time where you could totally respec your tree in a warzone. The logic would be you could blind queue in 1 spec and hop into a different character build based on which map or what not you were in, team comp you had, team comp you were facing etc (so for instance if you were an infil shadow and you got a huttball without a tank, you could quick switch to kinetic combat and switch gear. Or you didn't like your comps odds against the opposite team, so some people switch their setups around right before the round starts etc) BW didn't like that, so they changed it.

I wouldn't see it so much of a problem.

It's just adapting to the environment/team.

As for the bots level-up..pretty weird. I haven't seen such a thing, but it's indeed doable relatively easy.

After all, you just have to auto-fire and auto-heal.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The macro you describe, with various attacks bound to one key, does not give good players an edge. For example, you would be stuck with blade storm in your 'rotation' against a Sin who has popped shroud.

That macro you describe will elevate a rubbish player, who either doesn't know the priority order for attacks or panics in combat and messes it up, to the level of an average player - i.e. someone who, in effect, presses the correct button in the correct order most, but not all, of the time.

Good players, however, would prefer to have every ability seperately bound and available and would make the quick decision as to where to position, who to target and what ability to use every GCD....or, to be precise, would have made those decisions in advance, with quick reactions and adjustments being the difference between 'good' and 'great.'

The Huttball macro on the other hand was a nightmare to play against in 8v8 ranked. That spam of right click also had other uses and still does in that particular warzone which make it unfair.