Hate to see another mass exodus.

DarthDano

I've been hearing a lot of people claiming they're unsubscribing again. Not sure if this is cause for concern for Bioware, but it should be. Personally I really enjoy the game. I'll enjoy it one hell of a lot more after I'm able to transfer a few toons and finally unite my legacy. It's been about a year since they introduced the legacy system. People (like me) have been waiting quite awhile for it to be implemented.

1800 CC's is not a lot of money. But let's be honest.......when you multiply that by 4; 8,12, I've heard someone say they had 20 toons he wanted to move. Are you kidding me? Now we're talking about alot of money. 20 toons? That's like rent; a car note, child support for some people.

I love this game. I really do. I know I probably Piss those guys at Bioware off a little bit by putting them on the spot. But as the saying goes, A closed mouth doesn't get fed. I know no one is putting a gun to anyone's head to make them transfer. But for a lot of people (like me) transferring will improve the level of enjoyment I'm already having in this game. I'd say its closer to knife to my ribcage demanding my wallet. I could say no, but I won't be happy afterwards, because to a certain degree one way or another.........It's gonna hurt.

The silence of the Devs on this topic is deafening. I know those guys read these threads. But so far they've let people get worked up; threaten to unsub, some claim they've already done it. I love making money too, I mean who doesn't? You guys got me in the bag, no worries. Even though i kinda disagree with the price, I'll pay it because I can. Everyone else may not be in the same economic status as me. I don't know, I'd just hate to see another mass exodus.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that other game it costs $25/character for a server transfer with NO bulk option. Here it is significantly cheaper and gets less expensive if you but CC in bulk. BW is being more than generous with the Server Transfer Service.

That's 'cause they never start well. "I love this game but ..." is pure trolling.

Honestly not tryin' to troll. It's a heartfelt concern. I really would hate to see a bunch of people skip out. And just for the record there's no "but" from me. I love this game. Fan boy through and through.

Edited by DarthDano

In that other game it costs $25/character for a server transfer with NO bulk option. Here it is significantly cheaper and gets less expensive if you but CC in bulk. BW is being more than generous with the Server Transfer Service.

That is a popular point of view for someone who can afford it. No so much for the others.

That is a popular point of view for someone who can afford it. No so much for the others.

If they cant afford it they can move a few and leave the rest and re-roll, they are video game characters, not family members.

Edited by jedip_enguin

Honestly not tryin' to troll. It's a heartfelt concern. I really would hate to see a bunch of people skip out.

I know you're not trolling, that's what MrJurgens was referring to - the "apologists" (like bananamuffin) will now enter the thread and mock you for "qq'ing", feeling "entitled", or wanting to be treated like a "special snowflake" (their buzz words) because you're concerned. They do it nonstop and there is no action of Bioware's they won't defend.

Back to your post...I think the vast majority of us agree with you that the cost is just ridiculous. They're pricing players out of the game and you're exactly right, people will leave over this. To be fair, many will threaten to quit, not all will, but there's no doubt that the fee is far too expensive for any reasonable player.

If you they cant afford it they can move a few and leave the rest and re-roll, they are video game characters, not family members.

Another popular point of view for someone with more time than money. Yeah that's also one of the degrees of hurt I was talking about. Hurts to leave a toon behind man.

Edited by DarthDano

honestly, someone who can't afford it shouldn't transfer 20 characters.

Just like someone who can't afford it shouldn't buy 10x Cartel Hypercrates.

Both of the above are unfair - the fact that someone can easily buy 10 crates and I can't seems "unfair" to me, but such is life.

But if we're being completely honest here, I very much doubt people who can't afford to move 20 characters are the ones who have the problem. People who are used to making do with little to no money, usually are the ones who adjust better to change.

Anyone who can't afford it, shouldn't waste money transferring characters or should've had the foresight to NOT create 20 characters on a server that for some reason they seem so willing to abandon.

Lastly, there is always the option of creating and leveling a new character on the server they want to transfer to. Or transferring just 1-2 characters at first and then transferring the rest whenever they have the money to do it.

This is indeed a "first world problem" as branmakmuffin said.

And if you want to blame someone for putting a price on transfers, you should blame the industry in general, not Bioware.

Edited by TheNahash

Well, it's not free. Never will be. It's really pretty simple. You want to unite your legacy from muliple servers pony up. If you can't afford it, start saving or deal with the fact that it's not going to happen for you. We all have the same choices and there is and always will be people that have more means than others to get what they want. This also isn't going to change.

honestly, someone who can't afford it shouldn't transfer 20 characters.

Just like someone who can't afford it shouldn't buy 10x Cartel Hypercrates.

Both of the above are unfair - the fact that someone can easily buy 10 crates and I can't seems "unfair" to me, but such is life.

But if we're being completely honest here, I very much doubt people who can't afford to move 20 characters are the ones who have the problem. People who are used to making do with little to no money, usually are the ones who adjust better to change.

Anyone who can't afford it, shouldn't waste money transferring characters or should've had the foresight to NOT create 20 characters on a server that for some reason they seem so willing to abandon.

Lastly, there is always the option of creating and leveling a new character on the server they want to transfer to. Or transferring just 1-2 characters at first and then transferring the rest whenever they have the money to do it.

This is indeed a "first world problem" as branmakmuffin said.

And if you want to blame someone for putting a price on transfers, you should blame the industry in general, not Bioware.

That's true

OP mentions the devs as if they are the ones who have total control over the pricing of such things. Remember the developers are the ones with the original vision for the game and would probably love nothing more than to let players more easily transfer characters. EA is the culprit when it comes to money.

Also, the fact that transferring in this game is cheaper than in other games is a very valid point. There will always be someone who feels they can't afford something at a given price. When something is already set below the "market value," affordability complaints are going to fall on deaf ears.

Edited by fwloehr

OP mentions the devs as if they are the ones who have total control over the pricing of such things. Remember the developers are the ones with the original vision for the game and would probably love nothing more than to let players more easily transfer characters. EA is the culprit when it comes to money.

Also, the fact that transferring in this game is cheaper than in other games is a very valid point. There will always be someone who feels they can't afford something at a given price. When something is already set below the "market value," affordability complaints are going to fall on deaf ears.

Very true. Yeah fact of the matter, there are a lot of broke ***** people who play SWTOR. Those are the more likely individuals to make an angry exit.

so for all those months, people was like

"OMG WHERE IS THE SERVERS TRANSFERS??!!!!QQ

I WILL PAY 50 DOLLARS TO MOVE!!!!!!!!

bioware put out pay transfers

OMG WHY IS COST SO MUCH!!!!!QQRAGEone

you guys got no one but yourselves to blame.for months, you try to leverage bioware/EA sense of greed to get what you want and now you got it exactly what you wanted ,paid transfers by paying a lot of money to move your toons.

you cant rage at bioware for them giving what YOU GUYS SAY YOU WOULD PAY TO GET THE TRANSFERS.

it would be like i made a thread saying i wanted companion deaths put back in and i wanted to pay alot of money to get it and then bioware start to offered it for 30 dollars. i cant scream murder when i get exactly what i wanted e.g. paying alot of money to get this said feature.

you guys are reaping what your fellow players has sow.

btw, i am no way near a apologist, but this thread and the idea that people will QQ over transfers is just stupid when there are far faaaaaaaar more worst things in the game to serious ragequit your sub

Edited by astrobearx

so for all those months, people was like

"OMG WHERE IS THE SERVERS TRANSFERS??!!!!QQ

I WILL PAY 50 DOLLARS TO MOVE!!!!!!!!

bioware put out pay transfers

OMG WHY IS COST SO MUCH!!!!!QQRAGEone

you guys got no one but yourselves to blame.for months, you try to leverage bioware/EA sense of greed to get what you want and now you got it exactly what you wanted ,paid transfers by paying a lot of money to move your toons.

you cant rage at bioware for them giving what YOU GUYS SAY YOU WOULD PAY TO GET THE TRANSFERS.

it would be like i made a thread saying i wanted companion deaths put back in and i wanted to pay alot of money to get it and then bioware start to offered it for 30 dollars. i cant scream murder when i get exactly what i wanted e.g. paying alot of money to get this said feature.

you guys are reaping what your fellow players has sow.

btw, i am no way near a apologist, but this thread and the idea that people will QQ over transfers is just stupid when there are far faaaaaaaar more worst things in the game to serious ragequit your sub

This is quite possibly the most erratic post I have ever read.

This is quite possibly the most erratic post I have ever read.
not really, it is the truth. for months you guys wanted paid transfers despite the cost, bioware offer it at a price lower than other mmos and now you guys say 18 dollar is too much.

also

you use the term erratic wrong

er·rat·ic

/iˈratik/

Adjective

Not even or regular in pattern or movement; unpredictable.

there was a pattern to my previous post, you just chose to ignore it

Edited by astrobearx

not really, it is the truth. for months you guys wanted paid transfers despite the cost, bioware offer it at a price lower than other mmos and now you guys say 18 dollar is too much.

also

you use the term erratic wrong

er·rat·ic

/iˈratik/

Adjective

Not even or regular in pattern or movement; unpredictable.

there was a pattern to my previous post, you just chose to ignore it

Oh I saw the pattern!