The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

TFB SM bug or changed mechanic?

Rehneu

Last night while running through TFB SM, on the last fight, we found something that seemed unusual. After the tentacle phases were completed, during the last part of the fight, we watched his health regenerate from 15% to 30%. Is this intended on SM or is this a bug? None of us recall seeing this happening before the latest patch.

This happened twice when I was playing my healer on wednesday, third time it didn't heal itself and died.

Last night I did it on my tank and there were no issues.

Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully there was a stealth patch. Either that or, this is a random bug. If random, kinda stinks. ha!

On Wednesday I ran 8 man TFB SM on my sorc with my guild, the first attempt at terror from beyond we got his health down to 15% and then went into his tantrum, at that point he jumped up to 30% health. We ended up wiping. We regrouped and went again this time TFB didn't magically regenerate his health. We thought maybe by chance we screwed and missed something the first time.

On Thursday I took my vanguard dps into a 16 man TFB SM, the first time we attempted TFB we got him down to about 15% and TFB regenerated health to about 34%, which eventually ended up in a wipe. Our second attempt we got TFB down to about 15% again, and then health was regenerated to 30%. This time however we lucked out and killed him.

I'm inclined to say that this is a bug.

• Dev Post

Hi Operations folks!

There is currently a bug with Terror From Beyond entering his Tantrum phase too early (as pointed out here, it's at right around 33% now). We've got this fixed for Game Update 2.2.1 next Tuesday! Thank you for your reports and patience.

:ph_cheers:

Hi Operations folks!

There is currently a bug with Terror From Beyond entering his Tantrum phase too early (as pointed out here, it's at right around 33% now). We've got this fixed for Game Update 2.2.1 next Tuesday! Thank you for your reports and patience.

I also can confirm it happens in the HM version as well, if it hasn't been reported yet :)

Hi Operations folks!

It doesn't seem like your wording is correct. Or maybe the devs aren't understanding the bug. It's not that he enters tantrum too early, it that when he enters tantrum, his health jumps back up to 33% or even 50%

I've seen it bug to where it resets to 50% on his tantrum phase in 16 man story mode... seen it happen on two different runs

I also can confirm this. We finished our 16 man SM run today. We practically owned all bosses and went through TFB easily as well... then after the third tentacle phase, he went wild... and suddenly he was back at 50%.... we did manage to down him anyway, but he went enrage.

Hi Operations folks!

The bug appears that his health is restored by the same numerical amount it would be in TFB NM when tantrum hits. As you decrease modes, this becomes larger and larger for obvious reasons. I hope this is what the dev team described to you, otherwise they're not going to fix much.

In addition to this, in HM if anomalies are still active when tantrum hits, they continue spawning. Not sure if that's the original mechanic or not, because it was the first time we'd actually stuffed them up since TFB's launch.

Hi Operations folks!

As the OP stated, he hits his normal tantrum at around 15% then regenerates to 35%. I think there is some confusion in here. He does not hit tantrum at 35%. All 3 raid teams in my guild have experienced this bug on every run since nightmare was released in 2.2.