Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sith marauder unplayable in pvp

manlytears

Not only is close range PVP broken you constantly unlock from your targets and if you ever see the top pvp players are always range players it's an utter joke, you also rarely have people healing the DPS players.

Most OP is bounty hunter next is sith inquisitor you litrally don't have to worry in PVP because you can hide at range spamming stun over and over in groups of 3 and don't even bother with Huttball with the force push spammers.

I never see a maurader near top, even doing objectives does not give you awards and range players boast about how great they are despite Bounty and any other range being EASY AS HELL.

Buff or nerf for either one.

Not to mention range players are the worst Kill stealers imaginable so that means no awards for you and less points at the end of the round, it's not like range players even attack people planting the bomb or trying to capture they go for easy targets to KDR pro it up.

Even DC universe was more balanced.

Edited by manlytears

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum, WF are meant to be played in a team....

Kills and damage doesn't mean squat if you lose. Just the classic grind your over time.

Unless you need your epeen to be measure with the scoreboard.

Edited by Lheoryk

Hum, WF are meant to be played in a team....

Kills and damage doesn't mean squat if you lose. Just the classic grind your over time.

Unless you need your epeen to be measure with the scoreboard.

So clueless lol.

Damage and kills mean EVERYTHING when you lose. More medals = way more rewards.

Not only is close range PVP broken you constantly unlock from your targets and if you ever see the top pvp players are always range players it's an utter joke, you also rarely have people healing the DPS players.

Most OP is bounty hunter next is sith inquisitor you litrally don't have to worry in PVP because you can hide at range spamming stun over and over in groups of 3 and don't even bother with Huttball with the force push spammers.

I never see a maurader near top, even doing objectives does not give you awards and range players boast about how great they are despite Bounty and any other range being EASY AS HELL.

Not to mention range players are the worst Kill stealers imaginable so that means no awards for you and less points at the end of the round, it's not like range players even attack people planting the bomb or trying to capture they go for easy targets to KDR pro it up.

I see plenty of Sentinels and Mauraders top their respective charts in warzones.

I see plenty of Sentinels and Mauraders top their respective charts in warzones.

What htis guy said.

Play a Combat Sentinel myself (The gimped spec as Sentinels claim), most of the time I am in at least Top 3 in both damage and Kills. Only realy good ranged players end up in N1 spot.

Edited by OldxLady

I am an operative and I am always in the top 1 ~ 3 range of damage dealers, generally getting over 180k damage a game in huttball, Alderaan I defend so it is different (still at times I've done over 180k too) then on Voidstar it is different depending on what the group is doing, but if I try to damage I will top out damage here.

So clueless lol.

Clueless?

Dude, come play on Twin Spears and go play against us. 6-0/5 minutes in HB or VS in little more then 4 minutes will yield more rewards and valor then you think over time. People losing against us have little to nothing.

Good luck with your losers = more medals = way more rewards mentality.

Did 3 warfronts today, I was healer, voted MVP all 3, but the top dps in the first and third was a Marauder, sniper was the top in second. This debate is now closed as all sided have presented anecdotal evidence contrary to the other.

Play more warfronts or learn to play, you'll see it will balance out to player skill/ those silly 3 man premades that pugstomp.

Clueless?

Dude, come play on Twin Spears and go play against us. 6-0/5 minutes in HB or VS in little more then 4 minutes will yield more rewards and valor then you think over time. People losing against us have little to nothing.

Good luck with your losers = more medals = way more rewards mentality.

I don't play premades, the majority doesn't. Going for medals is more rewarding in pugs.

So clueless lol.

Half right, "DAMAGE" mean EVERYTHING, you get more medals for Total Damage done rather than for Killing Blows. This Makes kill stealing mean alot less than other games so if you to 75k damage for 0 kills you still get more medals than someone who did 10k damage and 5 killls.

I hate to say this but I think you might want to learn to play, I am a melee/close range class, a scoundrel, and I do quite well for damage and kills and have never had a problem getting them. I think my longest range ability with real damage is Backblast and the range is 4m, my other main moves are all melee based.

As for the healing, if healers are not healing you it is not Bioware's fault, they cannot control a player's actions.

Also, looking at the scoreboards I see many close range classes doing quite well for themselves on a regular basis, as for the healers when lucky there is one in the battleground, most often there is none.

Edited by baldsh

The ONLY issue with Marauders is they lack CC at lower levels. They also dont have their CC breakers at lower levels, but neither fo other classes, though its felt a bit more keenly by the Marauder class since its up-and-close (my Operative also went through this, but to a lesser degree since I usually went into the back lines to take out the healers). This is made up for in higher levels when Marauders get their CC breakers and CC, and their output evens out up there. Just level up a bit more and you'll be fine.

Side note: before anyone cries about this as "unfair", remember that Agents don't get a second companion until their 30s (putting me well ebhind on crafting), so each level comes in their own in different areas at different times. Knights/Warriors are just a bit behind on the CC curve.

Again, solution is level up and get your CCs/breakers.

Did 3 warfronts today, I was healer, voted MVP all 3, but the top dps in the first and third was a Marauder, sniper was the top in second. This debate is now closed as all sided have presented anecdotal evidence contrary to the other.

Play more warfronts or learn to play, you'll see it will balance out to player skill/ those silly 3 man premades that pugstomp.

Marauder must have got lucky or been healed because I was unstoppable when healed but 99 percent nobody will ever heal you and you're stuck waiting for others to attack and normally you die first because your team ditchs you.

Normally the thing that ruins it is marauders abilities are bugged to hell like force choke people can just walk around while being choked and they didn't break free they are still taking damage, also the ability to slow people is also an ability that bugs out, let's not even mention lockon not working half the time.

Marauder must have got lucky or been healed because I was unstoppable when healed but 99 percent nobody will ever heal you and you're stuck waiting for others to attack and normally you die first because your team ditchs you.

No, seriously this is a L2P issue. PUGs can be unpleasant, this has always been the case in MMOs particularly PvP, it always will be. If you think your problem is your team ditching you, find a better team.

Normally the thing that ruins it is marauders abilities are bugged to hell like force choke people can just walk around while being choked and they didn't break free they are still taking damage, also the ability to slow people is also an ability that bugs out, let's not even mention lockon not working half the time.

There are currently issues with PvP healing regarding the UI, this might be the cause of some of your lack of healing. Best suggestion I can make atm is to find a healer to run with. Seriously though PvP balance griping day 2, my hero.

i play a juggernaut and dont have any problems you are talking about. infact i tend to do very well in pvp and can basically live forever with a pocket healer as well as get in th top 3 in kills and dmg in most warzones.

Edited by JHutch

My level 26 Gunslinger tops 300k damage in a decent Voidstar match. At level 10, my Sentinel did 210k in a similar Voidstar match. I don't see that damage going down as I catch up in levels.

The problem with melee is the responsiveness of the ability queue and the way the games network code handles the execution of ability presses in PvP - which is to say, there is no responsiveness. Once that gets patched, melee will be fine; until then, melee is still pretty much fine, play better.

I ran a Mara in Closed Beta up to 33 leveled mostly through PVP. I currently have a 27 Juggy again leveling almost exclusively through PVP.

IMHO the problem is PEBKAC. When I was new to the game I was having issues building rage and using rage skills, but in time I learned how to play and how to gauge the Resolve bar and time my CC Breaker correctly.

I know it sounds like I am being rude and stating that you are a baddy, but in my time playing this game in Closed Beta and Luanch I have truly found out how to make the Melee work.

Also if you are queue as a single player PUG and you expect to get heals you need a reality check. As a Mara it does not benefit the group for healers to heal you over a tanking class that uses their guard and taunt skills effectively. You need to find people to PVP and run WZs with. There is nothing any programmer can do to help you if you run PVP solo. You just need to suck it up and learn to play with others. Find healers on your server that want to heal for BGs.

The last point I want to make is simply this. If you think a class is gimped and you are getting killed easily chances are very good that it is not the class that sucks, it is you that needs to L2Play. I have played the "Worst" classes in this game as attested to by the hundreds of posts from people crying out to nerf other classes or buff the Knights/Warriors and I OWN in PVP. It may be becuase I run with friends and we watch each other's backs but if that's the case then look for people to play with. Asking for the devs to change classes becuase you as an individual think the class is gimped when the game hasn't been out "Officially" for even 48 hours is a good way to make your self look like a baddy and to not be taken seriously.

TL/DR

Nothing wrong with Warrior/Knight classes. PEBKAC is the issue.

PS

If you have questions about Warriors feel free to PM me here or in game.

Then you need to try another class. I play a Sentinel and do pretty well for myself in Warzones. Yes range is a pain, but you understand what Force Leap prevents right? We are a class that can't be kited, we can stay constant on damage, and constant on a target until they are dead, or we are dead.

The damage is broken?

The class might be the best damage in the game, seriously. I have seen Mar/Sent post up to 350k damage in WZ's. If there is some healing going on, and a good Mar/Sent knows how to play, watch out cause everyone is geting burned down but a wreaking machine of damage.

Your playing a game of blame everyone for your failure in PvP, and really have no clue what the class is capable of doing.

My advice is to reroll, and stop feeding the public BS about a class you suck playing.

I beg to differ, by no means am i boasting one bit

I did not play beta or EGA , but last night in my first pvp match with a level 11 sent i managed to get 2nd in damage and then 3rd in the next game,

yes hutball was a ***** to play but i am not having issues at all staying on a range even if you save force leap for after there knock back,

Either way sent / mara seems like a very impressive class when played right from what i have seen anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.