What if episode 7 sucks

Lathari

Well it can't actually suck, being that its a movie and depending on who you ask you may find people that actually like it as is been said entertainment is subjective in what is good and what is bad. Unless of course there is some scientific evidence to prove it as fact that it sucks, or it gets incredibly low ratings and box office(when I mean low, I mean LOW)...it won't suck. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Suppose episode 7 sucked horribly how would you react?

It would be no different than when the prequels came out. :D

Really, the bar is set so low already, it can't suck that badly. But go in with low expectations and then you can't be disappointed. ;)

I wouldn't be worried about it sucking. I don't see that happening.

I would be worried that the new movie wouldn't feel like a Star Wars movie. I mean, it could be a fantastic movie with great acting, writing, superb effects, and stellar costuming but if it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie I'll be royally pissed.

That'd probably ruin the movie for me but I'd still acknowledge that it was 'technically' a good movie. Still I hope JJ doesn't screw it up in that regards. Adding a few EU characters (even if they adjust backgrounds a bit and such...) would go a long way towards this for me but we'll see (probably not but I can hope).

I wouldn't be worried about it sucking. I don't see that happening.

I would be worried that the new movie wouldn't feel like a Star Wars movie. I mean, it could be a fantastic movie with great acting, writing, superb effects, and stellar costuming but if it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie I'll be royally pissed.

That'd probably ruin the movie for me but I'd still acknowledge that it was 'technically' a good movie. Still I hope JJ doesn't screw it up in that regards. Adding a few EU characters (even if they adjust backgrounds a bit and such...) would go a long way towards this for me but we'll see (probably not but I can hope).

I doubt it will be a problem. I mean I can see were you're coming from. Other sci-fi movies simply lack that allure. But really, chucking a few lightsabers in there and what not and it feels like Star Wars.

I mean look at the Prequels, they have a distinctly different feel from the Originals and yet it still feels like Star Wars. Even without stormtroopers and Darth Vader etc, it just cant help but feel it.

And SWTOR feels like Star Wars, the trailers feel like Star Wars in fact I can't think of a single piece of EU material that doesn't feel like Star Wars. As long as you place the events with in the universe, it will feel right.

So I'm not too worried in that respect.

They did say, episode 7,8,9 will be original so I'm a little concerned that J. J. Abrams will just remake the old movies. A modern day update of the star wars movies, I would be a bit disappointed. J. J. Abrams remade some of the star trek lore.

I'm looking for a new story taking place after episode 6 regarding the Skywalkers. I don't remember them mentioning a setting for episode 7,8,9 yet.

I doubt it will be a problem. I mean I can see were you're coming from. Other sci-fi movies simply lack that allure. But really, chucking a few lightsabers in there and what not and it feels like Star Wars.

I mean look at the Prequels, they have a distinctly different feel from the Originals and yet it still feels like Star Wars. Even without stormtroopers and Darth Vader etc, it just cant help but feel it.

And SWTOR feels like Star Wars, the trailers feel like Star Wars in fact I can't think of a single piece of EU material that doesn't feel like Star Wars. As long as you place the events with in the universe, it will feel right.

So I'm not too worried in that respect.

There is an aspect that many do not take into account - the "used" universe. My fear is that in E7 everything will be shiny and clean, which is definitely NOT Star Wars.

They did say, episode 7,8,9 will be original so I'm a little concerned that J. J. Abrams will just remake the old movies. A modern day update of the star wars movies, I would be a bit disappointed. J. J. Abrams remade some of the star trek lore.

I'm looking for a new story taking place after episode 6 regarding the Skywalkers. I don't remember them mentioning a setting for episode 7,8,9 yet.

But here's the thing with Star trek. It was a reboot and a what if because events were changed. It was meant to re-write Star Trek lore as an alternate universe.

Anyhoo, given that there will be a hard script for 7-9, I don't see JJ going too far afield of where Star Wars was meant to go.

I think he will do, is get the talent for the CGI, tell the story in a modern way, but keep it something that is worthy of the Star Wars name.

Trust me, he isn't going to re-invent the wheel with Star Wars.

I liked Star Trek 2009, but it's very apparent the writers didn't know much of anything about the Star Trek universe. The catalyst of the story doesn't even follow the rules from the franchise. This can be overlooked because the movie is entertaining as hell.

Watching Into Darkness I kept asking "Why?" over and over and never got answers. The plot falls apart under scrutiny. That's not to say it wasn't entertaining as well, but far from great. Abrams' direction is great. I think what problem there is is the fault of the writers who are attached, namely Damon Lindelof, whose addition to the writing credits of Into Darkness could definitely be seen. I'm so glad this guy isn't attached to SW7 yet and hopefully never will be.

If Arndt ends up penning the final draft I just hope he doesn't make SW7 a live action Pixar movie. Brad Bird turned Mission: Impossible into a cartoonish comedy forgetting he was working with people.

There is an aspect that many do not take into account - the "used" universe. My fear is that in E7 everything will be shiny and clean, which is definitely NOT Star Wars.
Were the prequels not shiny and new? Yet it still felt like Star Wars.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see the movies return to their roots.

I may not agree with some scenario choices, or details, but as long as the universe and the feel will be here it will not suck for me. I imagine you guessed that in order to me saying that a SW film sucks, the film has to not be SW anymore.

What will I do if it happen ? Nothing. I'll think about what shouldn't have been made, and I'll hope they don't mess the next time (if there is one).

Why ? Because what would it change if I'd were to do something ?

Edited by Altheran