The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

do people actually like these lines from ROTS

Lathari

When re-watching Revenge of the Sith a week or so ago I came to these infamous lines

"You're so beautiful"

"Only because Im so in love"

"No its because Im so in love with you"

"So love has blinded you then"

And these:

"Only a sith deals in absolutes"

"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

Do people actually think these lines are good. Just wondering

The "only a sith deals in absolutes" always bugged me.

I mean, Obi Wan is stating the absolute that only sith deal in absolutes, does that make him sith?

Mind ****

Now that I think about it I believe that George Lucas put that line in to show how hypocritical the order has become

The "only a sith deals in absolutes" always bugged me.

I mean, Obi Wan is stating the absolute that only sith deal in absolutes, does that make him sith?

Mind ****

What did Anakin say prior to this, though? "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." Or something close to that, right?

I think that's where Obi-Wan's response to this just meant that there is no "gray area" or "gray interpretations" for Sith (at least the majority of them). We know this is not true for all Sith in the SW universe, but for most it was. There is only a "black and white" view for some Sith, and no room for other interpretations. Jedi teachings/philosophy would state that just because someone doesn't stand with you, it doesn't mean that they are against you.

When re-watching Revenge of the Sith a week or so ago I came to these infamous lines

"You're so beautiful"

"Only because Im so in love"

"No its because Im so in love with you"

"So love has blinded you then"

And these:

"Only a sith deals in absolutes"

"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

Do people actually think these lines are good. Just wondering

Sounds like an infatuated teenager and his overly formal brit mentor... nothing to see here.

As for the last two, the first one is ironic and the second makes sense when you consider how warped Anakin's mind was at that point. I know when i get angry I say weird stuff...

As for are they good? They serve their purpose imo. Someone might have done it better but it suited the movie.

Well one of the biggest issues people had with this film (and I do mean people who how to criticize and not say stupid things like "HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN RUINED DARTH VADER LOL") was the dialogue. This is one of the major factors as to why the prequel trilogy are so far behind the original trilogy and why many people discredit George Lucas since he pushed to have a larger role in the dialogue writing. Personally I feel that the dialogue is the sole factor that ruined the prequel trilogy and more specifically ROTS (since it had the storyline and potential to be the best film of the franchise) .