The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

how strong is the exile compared force users of the eras

Lathari

See this recent thread (recent as in it was started and a half ago but the last 5 or so pages are all recent posts). The exile appears on a some, but from at glance I think he/she is not listed on a majority of posters' lists.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=98288

I don't believe the exile is anywhere near the strongest force users/duelists I just want her to be at least Jedi Council level. But I'm mainly doing this due to the lack of exile related topics on the forums

I don't believe the exile is anywhere near the strongest force users/duelists I just want her to be at least Jedi Council level. But I'm mainly doing this due to the lack of exile related topics on the forums

I see. I more posted that link because I was trying to be lazy in my response and avoid another ranking and arguing of rankings on here. But it now appears that another debate is inevitable :D

Personally, and I've seen a lot of other posters do this as well, I'd put her somewhere in the 8-12 spot for top Jedi of all time with at least Luke, Yoda, Sunrider, Thon, Mace, and Cade in front of her. Then probably Anakin next then some debate of her placing in comparison to Obi-Wan, Revan, and probably 1 or 2 NJO people (not as familiar with that era so can't say explicitly). Heck Ulic and S. Shan can be thrown in there too. I guess saying she's a sort of "Tier 2" in terms of top Jedi sums it up better than attempts at ranking

Edited by sell-dog

Correct me if im wrong but since the exile gets stronger for every person she kills so doesn't this mean that she has infinite potential. Not saying she reached such a potential just that there is no limit to how strong she could become

Correct me if im wrong but since the exile gets stronger for every person she kills so doesn't this mean that she has infinite potential. Not saying she reached such a potential just that there is no limit to how strong she could become

?? This was stated where?

Edit: Wait I think I see, no she doesn't. She fed off the deaths to fuel her powers, that doesn't mean she became stronger. There is a slight difference between fueling powers, and growing stronger. The deaths fueled the powers that she already had.

But then its been awhile since I played Kotor 2 so memory is fuzzy. But there isn't a thing such as unlimited potential, cause then it would never be fully realized.

Surik reached her cap at getting Force Enlightenment which is full ability harnessing the power of the Light Side and said powers are amped, to what degree? Who knows.

Hmm...actually that brings up a question I just thought of pertaining to Force Enlightenment which doesn't make sense..

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Exile sure as hell doesn't compare to Obiwan/Anakin that's for sure. The most powerful jedi come from the Prequel era, im not including post-rotj since 99% likely itll be retconned.

ROTJ Vader was stated by Lucas to be able to take down Sidious, but lost to Obi-wan due to all these feelings coming up facing his former master.

Edited by Girdeux

It really is silly to try to compare a video game character with no real canon power/skill sheets to anything else.

We only know she could lead, kill a Sith or two, face down an army at Onderon but, since we don't have any canonical data on THOSE foes, it's all speculation and fanboyism one way or the other. She was strong enough to face Nihilus, Sion and Traya but that doesn't really say much does it?

It really is silly to try to compare a video game character with no real canon power/skill sheets to anything else.

We only know she could lead, kill a Sith or two, face down an army at Onderon but, since we don't have any canonical data on THOSE foes, it's all speculation and fanboyism one way or the other. She was strong enough to face Nihilus, Sion and Traya but that doesn't really say much does it?

Well it does to an extent, Nihilus' main thing was Force Drain everything else he just seemed to really suck at(pun not intended) so...anyone that could resist Force Draining would more then likely be able to beat him. Sion...well can't really die and only did so because he loved Surik. I mean I guess you could make a case, that he could actually physically die via beheading given I don't think that was ever tried...but eh*shrugs*.

Traya is really the only notable person out of the 3, that was actually dangerous. In the sense that she had more skill then Nihilus and Sion in combat and force usage...well probably moreso the latter anyway using TK with the sabers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jedi Master Fay was - as far as I know - totally independent. Something like Qui-Gon Jinn, maybe.

And that's why she still impresses me, I think that she might have been one of the strongest force users ever - but she was never seen. She didn't even possess a lightsabre, it seems.

As a figure who appeared in one single comic, she is kind of an "deus ex machina", created solely to be slain.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I'd say she is quite powerful. Based on the fact that Traya calls her the 'greatest I have ever trained' I'd assume by that that she was more powerful than Jedi Revan (Mandalorian Wars) though I can't be sure as 'great' does not necessarily include power. She has defeated Darth Traya and Sion both of whom are powerful adversaries. And it should be noted that she defeated Sion several times consecutively without tiring in a place thrumming with dark side energy. This too, presumably bolstered Traya's abilities making such feats exceptional indeed.

However, she was defeated by Darth Nyriss despite having Scourge for support - so we can only assume that Nyriss is an exceptionally powerful Force user and Revan Reborn even more so.

Wolf compares her to Kenobi but I'd say she is more powerful. I do not think Kenobi could have defeated Darth Traya at the center of her power. Whom I would compare with Count Dooku (overall, not necessarily matching him in lightsaber abilities) of whom he was unable to defeat.

If she were on the Jedi Council of the Prequel Trilogy I'd say she'd be second only to Mace Windu and Yoda which in turn would make her one of the most powerful Jedi in said Order.

I have to agree with Ben here. Guys what she did on malachor V, would be equal to IMO facing Palpatine at the height of his power on a battle field of his choosing in the middle of a dark force nexus and winning.

Some of these feats, puts her on par with Luke Skywalker. I mean Luke probably could of walked into malachor V, defeated god knows how many sith and sith assassins and walked away the winner, but he'd be hard pressed even being Grand Master of the Order.

Exile did it without really breaking a sweat, until she Faced Sion and even then beat him without too much trouble.

And remember, she reconstituted the Jedi Council and Order after the events of KOTOR II before she went to join Revan.

The council we have today in SWTOR, is completely because of the Exile.

Exile did it without really breaking a sweat, until she Faced Sion and even then beat him without too much trouble.
We do have to take into account game mechanics here. In reality she probably didn't just ROFLstomp 20+ Sith assassins all at once. And we don't know if she did it with ease. Nonetheless, cutting your way through stormbeasts to an Academy filled with Sith Lords, assassins and troopers and then defeating them, no mean feat, no mean feat at all.

I'm still not sure who to compare her with. The name Satele Shan comes to mind but then Shan is considerably powerful. We also have to consider that when assessing the Exile's we have to take into account the effect it has on others. If Meetra is extremely powerful then Traya must be as well both for training her and fighting on par with her, and in turn Nyriss must be vastly powerful for overcoming her and Revan even more so for defeating Nyriss.

So I'd say she's probably a few rungs below Satele Shan and a few rungs above Kenobi.

I'd say she is quite powerful. Based on the fact that Traya calls her the 'greatest I have ever trained' I'd assume by that that she was more powerful than Jedi Revan (Mandalorian Wars) though I can't be sure as 'great' does not necessarily include power. She has defeated Darth Traya and Sion both of whom are powerful adversaries. And it should be noted that she defeated Sion several times consecutively without tiring in a place thrumming with dark side energy. This too, presumably bolstered Traya's abilities making such feats exceptional indeed.

However, she was defeated by Darth Nyriss despite having Scourge for support - so we can only assume that Nyriss is an exceptionally powerful Force user and Revan Reborn even more so.

Wolf compares her to Kenobi but I'd say she is more powerful. I do not think Kenobi could have defeated Darth Traya at the center of her power. Whom I would compare with Count Dooku (overall, not necessarily matching him in lightsaber abilities) of whom he was unable to defeat.

If she were on the Jedi Council of the Prequel Trilogy I'd say she'd be second only to Mace Windu and Yoda which in turn would make her one of the most powerful Jedi in said Order.

I was putting her in Obi-Wan's general area, not really saying she was at Obi-Wan's level though ya probably a few notches above him.

But I don't think she'd be second to Mace and Yoda that seems a little high even for her, I see her being ranked above most but not to the level of Mace, Yoda and Anakin. Remember just because a Jedi is on the council, doesn't mean they are powerful some were chosen just because of specific things they could do, I see Surik being put on the council for her leadership/gaining support skills then anything else, though this isn't to say she isn't good in combat just that the afore mentioned thing would probably be the primary reason.

But anyway as to my question...does anyone find it odd, that this whole Force Enlightenment thing is NEVER ever used again or even shown as other Jedi having it? I find that quite odd, and question weither or not in that ability to be a true thing or just a game mechanic...because it has only appeared twice..

In Kotor 2 and the SWG Trading Card Game. Well and it was mentioned in the Raven novel, but thats just it...mentioned.

I find it quite odd, that it hasn't appeared anywhere else other then Kotor 2 as a game mechanic and SWG TCG. You'd think there would be some other sources.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I was putting her in Obi-Wan's general area, not really saying she was at Obi-Wan's level though ya probably a few notches above him.

But I don't think she'd be second to Mace and Yoda that seems a little high even for her, I see her being ranked above most but not to the level of Mace, Yoda and Anakin. Remember just because a Jedi is on the council, doesn't mean they are powerful some were chosen just because of specific things they could do, I see Surik being put on the council for her leadership/gaining support skills then anything else, though this isn't to say she isn't good in combat just that the afore mentioned thing would probably be the primary reason.

But anyway as to my question...does anyone find it odd, that this whole Force Enlightenment thing is NEVER ever used again or even shown as other Jedi having it? I find that quite odd, and question weither or not in that ability to be a true thing or just a game mechanic...because it has only appeared twice..

In Kotor 2 and the SWG Trading Card Game. Well and it was mentioned in the Raven novel, but thats just it...mentioned.

I find it quite odd, that it hasn't appeared anywhere else other then Kotor 2 as a game mechanic and SWG TCG. You'd think there would be some other sources.

Well aside from Yoda and Mace, nobody more powerful springs to mind. I suppose I should throw Anakin in there for sure - but even he had yet to reach his full potential. And Force enlightenment, personally I just see it as an game mechanic and just consider it another version of Force valor and perhaps indication of the Exile's strong connect to the Light Side.

Clearly though its just an alternative power to Force crush that they threw in their as a 'super move' for respective light side and dark side characters.

Well aside from Yoda and Mace, nobody more powerful springs to mind. I suppose I should throw Anakin in there for sure - but even he had yet to reach his full potential. And Force enlightenment, personally I just see it as an game mechanic and just consider it another version of Force valor and perhaps indication of the Exile's strong connect to the Light Side.

Clearly though its just an alternative power to Force crush that they threw in their as a 'super move' for respective light side and dark side characters.

So then it shouldn't be really taken as is then, being a game mechanic? I would say it would be something to note, if it appeared outside of the game in some form or something but it hasn't.

I have to agree with Ben here. Guys what she did on malachor V, would be equal to IMO facing Palpatine at the height of his power on a battle field of his choosing in the middle of a dark force nexus and winning.

Some of these feats, puts her on par with Luke Skywalker. I mean Luke probably could of walked into malachor V, defeated god knows how many sith and sith assassins and walked away the winner, but he'd be hard pressed even being Grand Master of the Order.

And remember, she reconstituted the Jedi Council and Order after the events of KOTOR II before she went to join Revan.

The council we have today in SWTOR, is completely because of the Exile.

what this guy said