Low level PvP

TLCuddy

I've got a Level 25 Marauder, and I'm finding it real difficult to PvP with him in Tier 1. I go into the fight and usually I'm beating up on one person pretty good, but if a second person comes in I get taken out easily and quickly. It's like there is no defense with these guys, a glass cannon. After the little research I did I was told Carnage is the better spec for PvP, Im wondering if for leveling I should be using something else. I know its lowbie PvP and I shouldn't expect a whole lot out of it, but I feel as if Im getting worked over too easy.

I think Maras are really bad in low level PvP. They are so squishy and their big hits are less than everyone else. They can do pretty good with the Rage combo, but you can't do that until the 30s I believe.

I agree. You dont get the execute until the late 40s. The mid-level skills are paramount for any spec.

Carnage is useless (or extremely frustrating) before getting gore. Rage is lackluster until getting the auto-crit on smash and the shockwave buildup skills. Your main cc you dont get until mid levels (either late 20s or 30s, i forget) Now once you get gore/massacre (carnage), anniliate (anni) or force crush (rage) your on par with other classes, but by then your creeping into the 55-terrirtory where bolster +gear imbalances + premades cause a whole new line of frustration for pvp...

Compare that to the sniper and sin, who get their big hitters and cc at a ridciulus low level, and its borderline frustrating. even low level pvp on a jugg/pt/healer isnt as bad, as they can at least heal or taunt to at least be a functional member of a pvp team (and wrack up medals if thats your thing). A marauder only has damage, and their cupboard is pretty empty until the mid 30s and not really good until mid 40's.. just my opnion though. I leveled up both a marader and sent recently (pvp almost exclusively), and no other classes get me more frustrated pvping than this subclass at lower levels.

I agree. You dont get the execute until the late 40s. The mid-level skills are paramount for any spec.

Carnage is useless (or extremely frustrating) before getting gore. Rage is lackluster until getting the auto-crit on smash and the shockwave buildup skills. Your main cc you dont get until mid levels (either late 20s or 30s, i forget) Now once you get gore/massacre (carnage), anniliate (anni) or force crush (rage) your on par with other classes, but by then your creeping into the 55-terrirtory where bolster +gear imbalances + premades cause a whole new line of frustration for pvp...

Compare that to the sniper and sin, who get their big hitters and cc at a ridciulus low level, and its borderline frustrating. even low level pvp on a jugg/pt/healer isnt as bad, as they can at least heal or taunt to at least be a functional member of a pvp team (and wrack up medals if thats your thing). A marauder only has damage, and their cupboard is pretty empty until the mid 30s and not really good until mid 40's.. just my opnion though. I leveled up both a marader and sent recently (pvp almost exclusively), and no other classes get me more frustrated pvping than this subclass at lower levels.

I definitely agree. I already leveled a Sent and now leveling a Marauder and about to give up. Everyone PvP match is just a bunch of Ops/Snipers.