DPS Calculation of 2.0 relics & C++simulation code gratis!

X-Boson

As a Watchman spekked Sentinell (dot spek) would an Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance not outdps an Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages?

As the other relic I have an Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault..

Advice would be welcome :)

In terms of sustained DPS damage proc relics are better, in terms of burst DPS, the power click one is better. You can use the calculator here to plug in your own stats to compare.

The damage dealt by the Dark Radiance relic is also increased by Juyo which at 5 stacks is an extra 10% damage. Think of damage proc relics for DoT specs as an extra off GCD hit. For DoT specs especially, Damage procs can proc off dots during movement/being stunned/dealing with other mechanics/double GCD etc. The full effect of power click relics relies on you being able to continue your full rotation, which sometimes is not possible. Furthermore, the damage proc crits based on your force crit, so as you gear can get better crit chance % and crit multiplier % the damage proc also gets better. It's a shame though that there's aren't any damage proc Dread Forged relics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a Dread Forged Focused Retribution relic after todays patch and all i can say is: wooooot! :D

With talents and buffs, it adds a whoopin' 821 willpower to my stats aaaand it has double proc! :eek:

(2 seperate procs, not a refreshing proc like before)

Edit:

It seems, that DF SA relic does NOT have a double proc, which makes FR relic far superior.

Edited by Sindariel

are you sure about the double proc? i testet the DF-mainstat-proc-relic today with my balance shadow, scoundrel healer and sage healer. the proc was refreshing as it was pre-patch. the tool tips did not change btw.

After further testing, you're right. The proc is refreshing.

It's just coincidence if you get both procs seperatly or a refreshing proc.

19:24:17.504 You gain Primärwoge
19:24:23.496 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:24:26.717 You gain Primärwoge
19:24:32.582 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:24:38.622 You gain Primärwoge
19:24:44.659 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:24:48.028 You gain Primärwoge
19:24:53.934 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:24:58.647 You gain Primärwoge
19:25:04.714 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:25:19.435 You gain Primärwoge
19:25:29.526 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:25:39.970 You gain Primärwoge
19:25:45.899 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:25:46.927 You gain Primärwoge
19:25:52.990 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:25:59.999 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:06.016 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:26:09.771 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:15.814 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:26:22.481 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:28.490 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:26:30.329 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:36.479 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:26:42.476 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:48.593 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:26:50.534 You gain Primärwoge
19:26:56.559 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:27:02.880 You gain Primärwoge
19:27:09.199 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:27:11.431 You gain Primärwoge
19:27:17.466 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:27:23.056 You gain Primärwoge
19:27:29.375 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:27:47.127 You gain Primärwoge
19:27:53.163 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:28:09.398 You gain Primärwoge
19:28:16.423 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:28:30.579 You gain Primärwoge
19:28:36.725 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:28:42.717 You gain Primärwoge
19:28:48.791 You lose Primärwoge effect
19:28:50.891 You gain Primärwoge
19:28:56.916 You lose Primärwoge effect

im thinking about starting a thread in general that lists all the relics from arkanian up (including pvp) with info on double proc, internal cooldown and stacking (two SA relics, one SA one main stat proc etc.). was hoping someone could give me a nice chunk of data to start with.

here is a link you can edit to add info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvH62lZUwAmwdHU3NW1CU1hVOVM2MFVJWGFJRzZ4M1E&usp=sharing

Edited by dipstik

im thinking about starting a thread in general that lists all the relics from arkanian up (including pvp) with info on double proc, internal cooldown and stacking (two SA relics, one SA one main stat proc etc.). was hoping someone could give me a nice chunk of data to start with.

here is a link you can edit to add info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvH62lZUwAmwdHU3NW1CU1hVOVM2MFVJWGFJRzZ4M1E&usp=sharing

Something like this?

i wasnt sure how reliable pre 2.5 data would be.

seems liek only oberon and DF relics changed

Over the next few days I am going to re-test all of the relics I have to confirm proc rates and pairings. Still, I doubt they changed the mechanics of the relics - just the stats.

are you sure about the double proc? i testet the DF-mainstat-proc-relic today with my balance shadow, scoundrel healer and sage healer. the proc was refreshing as it was pre-patch. the tool tips did not change btw.

Could someone please clarify: On German server T3-M4 the tooltip of the FR relic says it only boosts your mainstat by 225, not the 700something it said on PTS. Is that just a tooltip/translation problem and the relic actually boosts your mainstat much higher - as stated here?

Or did they decide against buffing the FR relic altogether and didn't do the planned change to FR relic on live server at all?

Or did they just fail to update the tooltip both in German an English version and the FR mainstat boost is as high as it was on PTS but the tooltip doesn't tell you?

My my, relic confusion is really a neverending story in this game...

Just bought a Dread Forged Focused Retribution relic after todays patch and all i can say is: wooooot! :D

With talents and buffs, it adds a whoopin' 821 willpower to my stats aaaand it has double proc! :eek:

(2 seperate procs, not a refreshing proc like before)

Edit:

It seems, that DF SA relic does NOT have a double proc, which makes FR relic far superior.

Can you confirm with a parse that the DF SA Relic does not double proc (from damage + heals) ? I was very bummed when I got my DF clicky relic a while back before they announced the 2.5 relic changes. I was hoping to eventually run the FR and SA relics together (I'm a watchman sentinel). However, if what you are saying is true then it sounds like the FR and Clicky relic would still be very good

heya guys, I just seen the buff to Obroan relics too, actually i have obroan SA relics and the Underworld autoproc 264 elemental force dmg but i think now it's a lot better to swap the Underworld relic with the pri autoproc Obroan relic (625 pri stat lol)

class: Shadow Infiltration.

Can you confirm with a parse that the DF SA Relic does not double proc (from damage + heals) ? I was very bummed when I got my DF clicky relic a while back before they announced the 2.5 relic changes. I was hoping to eventually run the FR and SA relics together (I'm a watchman sentinel). However, if what you are saying is true then it sounds like the FR and Clicky relic would still be very good

Based on a parse from 2.4.3, the DF SA relic did not double proc. Based on this the optimal, relics for you will be KD SA and DF FR.

Could someone please clarify: On German server T3-M4 the tooltip of the FR relic says it only boosts your mainstat by 225, not the 700something it said on PTS. Is that just a tooltip/translation problem and the relic actually boosts your mainstat much higher - as stated here?

Or did they decide against buffing the FR relic altogether and didn't do the planned change to FR relic on live server at all?

Or did they just fail to update the tooltip both in German an English version and the FR mainstat boost is as high as it was on PTS but the tooltip doesn't tell you?

It sounds like they failed to update the German tooltip as the DF FR does boost PriStat by 740...

They just forgot to change the german tooltips. I can confirm, they have the new values.

Sadly, I can't make new parses with the DF SA relic since i've already bought and augmented the FR relic.

I can only provide this quick parse from yesterday.:

http://www.torparse.com/a/511674/3/0/Log

17:32:57.056 You gain Energiewoge
17:33:03.140 You lose Energiewoge effect
17:33:20.287 You gain Energiewoge
17:33:26.433 You lose Energiewoge effect
17:33:43.097 You gain Energiewoge
17:33:49.137 You lose Energiewoge effect
17:34:03.616 You gain Energiewoge
17:34:09.650 You lose Energiewoge effect

Edited by Sindariel

Tooltip is wrong, it's 740 of primary stat for 6s every 20s for focused retribution dread forged même sur le seveur français ;)

• 3 months later...