Level 54 gear

sirullrich

This. Perfectly min/maxed conqeuror gear will come ABSOLUTELY nowhere close to 1420 bonus damage at 2008 expertise. It's a huge issue, Eric and Amber have hopefully passed this onto the PVP team.

Amber doesn't do much with the PvP scene...like...at all.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this was possible, I knew something was wrong when my full partisan sin had 2013 expertise with 5 crafted items.

The thing about bolster that blows me away is, even forgetting the fact that the bolster system is seeing purple items as green, did they really intend to bolster people to within 5 points of max expertise with greens?

If so, they most certainly have reached their goal of making pvp gear obsolete even after they fix this bug.

Hey guy that thinks this is not an exploit and not unintended, there is another post regarding this issue. BW, Eric, posted in that thread that they are working to resolve the issue. I want to pose a question to you, if its not an exploit and not unintended then what "issue" are they working on? Do some research before you open your mouth... I provided a link for you, enjoy!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645792

So HP don't matter in PVP?

:rolleyes:

I have seen all the exchanges, and all point to better attacks with much lower HP. 50 damage bonus for Damn near 900 HP... Yep sound good to me.:rolleyes:

If it were so gamebreaking why the long wait?

Because it can't even be considered BiS let alone an exploit. They are on par with each other, and that much should be obvious... Just wait... I'll each my word if they change it because the while premise of bolster is to make all gear viable and there is zero requirement to get these items.

Am I exploiting because I craft and needed pieces prior to attaining my PVP ones?

If you want to complain about poor stat allocation on PVP items, fine. But its not an exploit or a bug because eventually exploits are removed. Will bolster be removed from these items? Nopers... So again we can argue the bar til we are blue in the face, but as I said earlier it was the intention to make all gear on par with PVP gear, while they MIGHT adjust bolster on these items, that is a nerf, not a bug or exploit...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Do we have confirmation that this will be fixed in 2.2?

Only thing confirmed for Bolster in 2.2 is this:

Amber threw me some help on this one. Here are two Bolster bug fixes going live in Game Update 2.2:

• Crit rating, accuracy rating, absorb rating, defense rating, and surge rating now respect diminishing returns for low level Bolstered characters.
  • The base damage and armor value granted by Bolster have been slightly increased to account to the most recent item power available to players.

Also we currently have two other bug fixes slated for 2.2.1, they aren't locked in 100% as they are still in testing. But just to give you some idea around "when will Bolster be fixed?"

Hope that adds some clarity!

Which doesn't even address the main issues in the 55 bracket, but expect that to come with 5.2 update.

So HP don't matter in PVP?

I have seen all the exchanges, and all point to better attacks with much lower HP. 50 damage bonus for Damn near 900 HP... Yep sound good to me.:rolleyes:

If it were so gamebreaking why the long wait?

Because it can't even be considered BiS let alone an exploit. They are on par with each other, and that much should be obvious... Just wait... I'll each my word if they change it because the while premise of bolster is to make all gear viable and there is zero requirement to get these items.

Am I exploiting because I craft and needed pieces prior to attaining my PVP ones?

If you want to complain about poor stat allocation on PVP items, fine. But its not an exploit or a bug because eventually exploits are removed. Will bolster be removed from these items? Nopers... So again we can argue the bar til we are blue in the face, but as I said earlier it was the intention to make all gear on par with PVP gear, while they MIGHT adjust bolster on these items, that is a nerf, not a bug or exploit...

No wonder the other guy quit responding to your posts. The bug is that it bolsters to better than Conq gear. So your concept of bolster being removed from the items is huh? what? *** are u talking about? And it is a bug because the bolster of these items makes them BiS, which IS NOT INTENDED. Bolster is designed to bridge the gap not, replace the grind of Conq gear via PvE and crafting. The intention is not to make PvE and crafted gear equal to Conq gear, but rather just competitive. Like FP gear is competitive enough to get into an OPs and be productive, but not BiS over OPs gear. Think man, think. It is a bug, and as a player using the bug to your advantage is by definition an exploit.

Is this is backwards as it sounds or is it just that my brain isnt working properly yet, I just woke up.

The base damage and armor value granted by Bolster have been slightly increased to account to the most recent item power available to players

When I read it I get the impression that it will make lvl 54 gear even better at 55.

Edited by MidichIorian

No wonder the other guy quit responding to your posts. The bug is that it bolsters to better than Conq gear. So your concept of bolster being removed from the items is huh? what? *** are u talking about? And it is a bug because the bolster of these items makes them BiS, which IS NOT INTENDED. Bolster is designed to bridge the gap not, replace the grind of Conq gear via PvE and crafting. The intention is not to make PvE and crafted gear equal to Conq gear, but rather just competitive. Like FP gear is competitive enough to get into an OPs and be productive, but not BiS over OPs gear. Think man, think. It is a bug, and as a player using the bug to your advantage is by definition an exploit.

Since when is 70% crit multi BiS for PVP?

I saw another example of a trade... 47 damage for 840 HP... How can you proclaim this is BiS? Reduces survivibikity for 47 BD... Lol ok....

It's hardly gamebreaking, but hey I was also called crazy when I said EXP needed to be buffed way back when...

I looked but can't locate the dev post where they call it a bug. The closest I saw was "issue" which could mean several different things and not necessarily a bug. Do you have a link?

remove bolster from 55 pvp. mail everyone a set of moddable Recruit Mk3 gear when they hit 55 that is ~10% lower in all stats than Partisan gear.

I'm in agreement with the above with the one bolded addition. That would fix the entire Bolster fiasco at 55.

Is this is backwards as it sounds or is it just that my brain isnt working properly yet, I just woke up.

When I read it I get the impression that it will make lvl 54 gear even better at 55.

I agree they could have been more clear in their meaning, but I'll theorize that since Kell Dragon (55 PvE) Armor is being introduced for Nightmare Mode Ops drops, that makes it the new highest tier in the game. As a result, to be competitive in War Zones, all the other tiers of armor will have to be raised to be at least on par or, hopefully in the case of PvP armor, superior.

Edited by BoushhDC

I'm in agreement with the above with the one bolded addition. That would fix the entire Bolster fiasco at 55.

BioWare considers players too stupid for that. Here's the official reason bolster was changed to begin with:

Hey everyone, I have seen a lot of questions about why Bolster exists at 55 given the issues we have been having. I talked to Rob Hinkle and here is his explanation on why Bolster exists as a system at level 55.

...Before 2.0 we gave free sets of PvP gear, the Recruit (and Recruit Mk-2) sets, to players as they reached the max level of the game. This gear was intended to set the minimum power level of players inside Warzones, making sure that regardless of what gear you’ve managed to obtain as you were leveling, you were at “X” power level at the worst.

[...]Unfortunately, giving away physical gear ran into a number of problems: ...some players simply sold the gear for an immediate cash gain, and a large number of people either didn’t ever acquire the Recruit gear or simply didn’t wear it while inside PvP. The result was a rather harsh introduction to PvP for fresh level 50 players....

Okay, so lolbolster is upon us (and still with us), as flawed as it is, because players that either vendored their free pvp gear or refused to wear it, gave themselves a "harsh" pvp experience thereby causing a drop-off in WZ participation. Nope, ya can't make this stuff up. That's the official reason. :(

Quit whining about bolster, HONESTLY you all have access to the gear... Crying about your grindout conq gear HAVING to be BIS is just stupid and elitist. It's sad you guys are so MAD about players being able to close the gear gap and not spend months grinding. Cia la vie, if you are a better player even gear shouldn't matter.... and don't sit there and attempt to mask your frustration by claiming this is somehow a moral issue lol.

Quit whining about bolster, HONESTLY you all have access to the gear... Crying about your grindout conq gear HAVING to be BIS is just stupid and elitist. It's sad you guys are so MAD about players being able to close the gear gap and not spend months grinding. Cia la vie, if you are a better player even gear shouldn't matter.... and don't sit there and attempt to mask your frustration by claiming this is somehow a moral issue lol.

As long as you feel that is should be the same for PVE then we have no problems.

BioWare considers players too stupid for that. Here's the official reason bolster was changed to begin with:

Okay, so lolbolster is upon us (and still with us), as flawed as it is, because players that either vendored their free pvp gear or refused to wear it, gave themselves a "harsh" pvp experience thereby causing a drop-off in WZ participation. Nope, ya can't make this stuff up. That's the official reason. :(

amazing, I guess this is were the phrase "you get what you deserve" applies

amazing, I guess this is were the phrase "you get what you deserve" applies

lol. Yeah, or you could look at it as a microcosm of the real world with BW playing the roll of the "Nanny State." :eek:

Edited by BoushhDC

^ The guy that sold his recruit set, went in with PvE gear and got wrecked, then cried on the forums.

His day has come, he is no longer a mere mortal among legends, but INVINCIBLE!!!

As long as you feel that is should be the same for PVE then we have no problems.

This is a PVP forum, but w/e I'll bite. I can follow your logic to an extent, but the bottom line is this is a game, PVP and PVE are different animals. The joy in PVP is the act of player vs player (for the most part), I would argue sure the gear grind is appealing but not the sole reason for PVP. There are more prevalent ways to ascertain who's better regarding PVP such as: high RWZ ratings and valor ranks, bragging rights, unique mounts, crystals etc. Most players in the PVP community know who's good and who isn't regardless of which 65 mods they use. PVE is player vs. environment, scripted fights with concrete strats etc. The joy (for most) is more centered around a sense of accomplishment, world 1st boss kills, server 1st kills, exclusive titles, and obviously gear. Not to mention the increasing level of difficulty as you progress.

It seems to me, if you bolster a NiM encounter to allow a new guild to be able to circumvent the gear grind that would sort of take the joy out of the PVE or at-least some of it. Bottom line here is, there are MAYBE 6 pieces of 54 crafted gear which are BIS out of what 11 or so? I honestly don't believe the crafted chest is BIS but w/e. You still need 5 or 6 conq pieces for BIS overall. It's not like that gear is obsolete. All the 54's do is shorten the time it takes to grind BIS, by half I'd say. I mean, what's next? People complaining that because they can't afford to augment their gear that it should be banned as well?

^ The guy that sold his recruit set, went in with PvE gear and got wrecked, then cried on the forums.

His day has come, he is no longer a mere mortal among legends, but INVINCIBLE!!!

Search my posts, realize who I am (if you don't know ask around the server you're on) and rethink what you wrote...

Search my posts, realize who I am (if you don't know ask around the server you're on) and rethink what you wrote...

"Don't you know who I *AM*?!?!"

You're the little man who writes in bold, angry red letters. Was there something else? lol. :p

Don't take yourself so seriously, mate. :D

Edited by BoushhDC

"Don't you know who I *AM*?!?!"

You're the little man that writes in bold, angry red letters. Was there something else? lol. :p

No haha, I wasn't attempting to sound elitist etc. I was merely letting another republic player from my server realize his over-sweeping generalizing assumption was idiotic.

This is a PVP forum, but w/e I'll bite. I can follow your logic to an extent, but the bottom line is this is a game, PVP and PVE are different animals. The joy in PVP is the act of player vs player (for the most part), I would argue sure the gear grind is appealing but not the sole reason for PVP. There are more prevalent ways to ascertain who's better regarding PVP such as: high RWZ ratings and valor ranks, bragging rights, unique mounts, crystals etc. Most players in the PVP community know who's good and who isn't regardless of which 65 mods they use. PVE is player vs. environment, scripted fights with concrete strats etc. The joy (for most) is more centered around a sense of accomplishment, world 1st boss kills, server 1st kills, exclusive titles, and obviously gear. Not to mention the increasing level of difficulty as you progress.

It seems to me, if you bolster a NiM encounter to allow a new guild to be able to circumvent the gear grind that would sort of take the joy out of the PVE or at-least some of it. Bottom line here is, there are MAYBE 6 pieces of 54 crafted gear which are BIS out of what 11 or so? I honestly don't believe the crafted chest is BIS but w/e. You still need 5 or 6 conq pieces for BIS overall. It's not like that gear is obsolete. All the 54's do is shorten the time it takes to grind BIS, by half I'd say. I mean, what's next? People complaining that because they can't afford to augment their gear that it should be banned as well?

Why shouldn't someone with full pvp end game gear be able to run the hardest ops if someone with level 54 gear which is not even end game gear be able to compete in rateds warzones with better bolster than full conq? You want what's best for you because you don't want to grind pvp gear to compete. I don't want to grind pve gear to be able to run ops but I have too. So why shouldn't it be the same.

Why shouldn't someone with full pvp end game gear be able to run the hardest ops if someone with level 54 gear which is not even end game gear be able to compete in rateds warzones with better bolster than full conq? You want what's best for you because you don't want to grind pvp gear to compete. I don't want to grind pve gear to be able to run ops but I have too. So why shouldn't it be the same.

PvP is all about testing your skills against other players

PvE is all about smashing a raid dummy for loot

What would be the point if no one had to gear themselves? No one would play anymore. IMO PvPers should not want or need a carrot on a stick to want to PvP in competitive games. So the lower barrier to entry the better.

Edited by Mookind

I agree they could have been more clear in their meaning, but I'll theorize that since Kell Dragon (55 PvE) Armor is being introduced for Nightmare Mode Ops drops, that makes it the new highest tier in the game. As a result, to be competitive in War Zones, all the other tiers of armor will have to be raised to be at least on par or, hopefully in the case of PvP armor, superior.

I thought they said previously that as the PVE gear was introduced that was higher than Partisan, they would start lowering the bolster; lowering the expertise on those items to specifically counter the higher stats. Instead all the PVE gear is getting buffed up to it? I thought that of the PVP gear, only the MH weapon was bolstered up to 72. Is all our PVP gear getting bolstered now or did PVE gear just get a big boost over PVP gear with the new tier? I'm getting so confused by all this stupidity. The only thing that seems to be consistent though is I'm wasting my time trying to get PVP gear.

I can't help getting the feeling that with this bolster, they've dug themselves a huge hole they can't climb out of, and there's some stupid Pointy Haired Manager handing them shovels to keep on digging.

Let me briefly reiterate because I feel like we're on different pages here. Yes your logic is sound, regarding the overall fairness between PVP gear and PVE gear grind and the extent which the gear should be-able to overlap (to be fair you CAN run a HM op with full conq). However, the overall purpose of the two aspects of this game are very different, as far as player enjoyment. Obviously I can not sit here and claim what each person holds enjoyable I am merely assuming based off of other MMO's communities ideologies etc.