The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did the exile...

Lathari

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then what? It just wore off and turned her into Revan's tag-along (would say something else, but it's indecent).

Nah, Drew just never played KOTOR 2 nor did he have the slightest clue about who or what the Exile was. I mean... she had trouble with ONE Imperial guard? REALLY? She leveled an ARMY while assaulting the palace on Onderon.

That's why the Revan book is not worth the paper it's printed on. A completely worthless book.

Nah, Drew just never played KOTOR 2 nor did he have the slightest clue about who or what the Exile was. I mean... she had trouble with ONE Imperial guard? REALLY? She leveled an ARMY while assaulting the palace on Onderon.

That's why the Revan book is not worth the paper it's printed on. A completely worthless book.

Considering the number of plot holes, continuity errors, and complete mishandling of characters, I'd say that's an excellent assessment.

And then what? It just wore off and turned her into Revan's tag-along (would say something else, but it's indecent).[/QUO

Ill never forgive him for implying that Revan was stronger than her and Scourge combined and turning her into some Revan fanboy. It was basically his way of saying that Revan was a better character than the Exile ever was

But ya there isn't really anything suggesting the Exile absorbed Nihilus, in fact there is evidence supporting against that because upon his death his energy was just released and his spirit surviving with his armor to being buried on Korriban. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And then what? It just wore off and turned her into Revan's tag-along (would say something else, but it's indecent).

Ill never forgive him for implying that Revan was stronger than her and Scourge combined and turning her into some Revan fanboy. It was basically his way of saying that Revan was a better character than the Exile ever was

A while back, one of the forum peeps e-mailed Drew regarding the mishandling of the Exile. He responded basically saying that he knew next to nothing about her.

A while back, one of the forum peeps e-mailed Drew regarding the mishandling of the Exile. He responded basically saying that he knew next to nothing about her.

Which is the biggest problem with the EU writers. Most have no idea whatsoever about any other works, least of all games. They just have an idea and disregard what's considered canon.

Seriously? Read Wookieepedia perhaps? Play an installment of a series that he was once the Lead Writer of? Sheesh.

But yeah, while I don't believe Meetra is more powerful than Revan... she's certainly not as weak as Drew made it out to be. And as far as I'm aware Meetra did not absorb Nihilus' energy. I doubt that's even possible given his nature.

Seriously? Read Wookieepedia perhaps? Play an installment of a series that he was once the Lead Writer of? Sheesh.

But yeah, while I don't believe Meetra is more powerful than Revan... she's certainly not as weak as Drew made it out to be.

Considering that she bested both Darth Traya and Darth Sion at the center of one of the most powerful Dark Side nexuses(?) in the galaxy, I think Drew severely downplayed her abilities.

Plus the fact that the events of the Dark Wars had little to no residual impact in the book continues to show Drew's degrading skills as a Star Wars author.

Edit: Yeah, I'm definitely considering making that Revan rant thread.

Edited by Aurbere

Oh that's right he was a wound in the force like the exile so if he couldn't force drain her, she couldn't drain him either. Regardless i believe her strength was downplayed by a significant margin

I agree. I hate what DK did with the Exile and Revan. He basically watered them down and made them weaker versions of themselves. Unacceptable.

I agree. I hate what DK did with the Exile and Revan. He basically watered them down and made them weaker versions of themselves. Unacceptable.

No. The Exile in Revan had no semblance whatsoever to the Exile in KOTOR 2. Saying it was a watered down version is a ridiculous understatement. Not only was she a weak padawan in terms of ability, she was a whiny, insecure brat.

Compare the character in Revan to someone who trained 4 Jedi who ended up reforming the Jedi order, faced down armies and stared down Sith Lords with some serious power themselves. Not to mention being a GENERAL in the Mandalorian wars and possessing a keen tactical mind in addition to battlemeditation (I say this because there are conversation choices to use it in certain places instead of just a buff).

No, watered down doesn't even begin to describe it.

No. The Exile in Revan had no semblance whatsoever to the Exile in KOTOR 2. Saying it was a watered down version is a ridiculous understatement. Not only was she a weak padawan in terms of ability, she was a whiny, insecure brat.

Compare the character in Revan to someone who trained 4 Jedi who ended up reforming the Jedi order, faced down armies and stared down Sith Lords with some serious power themselves. Not to mention being a GENERAL in the Mandalorian wars and possessing a keen tactical mind in addition to battlemeditation (I say this because there are conversation choices to use it in certain places instead of just a buff).

No, watered down doesn't even begin to describe it.

Agreed, the Kotor2 Exile was at least the equal to Revan, different abilities but at least equal. The book version is a completely different character, not points of comparability at all.

The Kotor2 Exile was strong in the force, strong in character, adaptable and skilled. She survived ten years without the force, without whining, she learned new skills, built a new career, and got on with her life. She had many rare abilities, control beast, that ability to form a buble of breathable air, the ability to guide her companions alignment, etc. She was actually a better character to play than Revan.

Edit: Yeah, I'm definitely considering making that Revan rant thread.

About the novel or the character? Of the latter we've had plenty and they never really end well. A more productive use of your time might be to do a fanfiction edit of the novel, in keeping a similar storyline etc so it doesn't conflict with the current swtor lore, but changing the characterization of the Exile and perhaps Revan so as to better fit with the previous knowledge we had of them. Now that would be an interesting read, and as your signature notes you've written fanfics in the past, although something of this scale might be a tad too time consuming.

So good ol drew wrote the Revan book with next to ZERO clue about Meetra? That's like a historical author writing about the times of Joan of Arc and having Zero clue who she was and saying somebody else won the battles she lead.

Utterly freaking stupid.

The Exile was downplayed hugely.

When I read she was killed off by a cheapshot from some random Sith that could barely handle an assault droid I was certainly disappointed to say the least.

Hell I was disappointed when she got wrecked by Nyriss and even more disappointed when she couldn't even beat 1 imperial guard rofl.

Drew is almost suggesting 1 imperial guard is just as or even more powerful than Kriea, Sion or Nihilus I mean it's just out and out stupidity.

And the fact that she could have killed the emp and saved the galaxy but instead chose to saber block him and save Revan it just isn't the same character AT ALL as the character from Kotor 2.

Edited by RTCBrad

Drew is almost suggesting 1 imperial guard is just as or even more powerful than Kriea, Sion or Nihilus I mean it's just out and out stupidity.
This is what irks me, he's thrown the entire hierachy into disarray. Are we now to assume that every semi-powerful member of the Dark Council is vastly more powerful than Darth Traya and Sion?

About the novel or the character? Of the latter we've had plenty and they never really end well. A more productive use of your time might be to do a fanfiction edit of the novel, in keeping a similar storyline etc so it doesn't conflict with the current swtor lore, but changing the characterization of the Exile and perhaps Revan so as to better fit with the previous knowledge we had of them. Now that would be an interesting read, and as your signature notes you've written fanfics in the past, although something of this scale might be a tad too time consuming.

A thread about the novel. I'm done with the character.

Edit: Interesting idea about the rewrite. I'll have to think about that. It would be difficult to balance two fan-fics, so I may just wait until my current one is done.

Edited by Aurbere

This is what irks me, he's thrown the entire hierachy into disarray. Are we now to assume that every semi-powerful member of the Dark Council is vastly more powerful than Darth Traya and Sion?

Yeah, I guess.

The Exile's performance in that fight is less than laughable. I find it hard to believe that a 'no name' Sith is vastly more powerful than the Triumvirate- three of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time.