/facepalms & Community Development

DarthBror

I don't want to get involved in the poo flinging. Just wanted to say that DE is not a part of mega guild. All DE members and their alts are in DE. No one that is not a member of only DE is in DE. I bet I still get poo flung for this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get involved in the poo flinging. Just wanted to say that DE is not a part of mega guild. All DE members and their alts are in DE. No one that is not a member of only DE is in DE. I bet I still get poo flung for this.

I kinda love DE. I-is that wrong?

As far as Mort is concerned, that wasn't something I was aware of until after the fact as I said previously. Maybe he sent it to the guild leader, but our guild leader wasn't on during when we started, which was sort of spontaneous. All I knew when I logged on was that rateds was happening, and all the parties involved knew who was queuing, it wasn't some big kept secret, which is why I hadn't realized it was even a problem until later.

I don't even think there had been any sort of formal announcement either. So if people were queuing on Sunday with this expectation and felt like they got "suckered" in, like Lucy with the football, that wasn't the intention.

Edited by VtTethias

As far as Mort is concerned, that wasn't something I was aware of until after the fact as I said previously. Maybe he sent it to the guild leader, but our guild leader wasn't on during when we started, which was sort of spontaneous. All I knew when I logged on was that rateds was happening, and all the parties involved knew who was queuing, it wasn't some big kept secret, which is why I hadn't realized it was even a problem until later.

I don't even think there had been any sort of formal announcement either. So if people were queuing on Sunday with this expectation and felt like they got "suckered" in, like Lucy with the football, that wasn't the intention.

I don't think people really cared TBH. I wasn't counting on GG/Guerilla, etc not queuing for ranked. It wouldn't have mattered to me either way.

We did, in fact reroll, and we do have max level characters on Pot5. We were going to invest more time on those toons when server transfers got announced. Now we're using the benefits of the legacy we have here to prepare additional toons for transfer.

For the record, my win/loss record on Pot5 is just as high as it is here. There's even more nubery going on that server than here. I'd argue that the caliber of PvP play here on Ebon Hawk is higher - What that server has that this one lacks is round the clock queues at all levels. No waiting 20 minutes for a pop in the dead of morning, it's instant. And that's just as far as normals go; with vastly more ranked matches that happen than here.

You guys think it's about trolling and about roflstomping when it isn't; I just want to play with my friends, same as you.

This is probably only the second time I've heard this, and the first time I heard it was after the fact on Monday. Didn't know this was a "thing".

Have you guys had a chance to do ranked on pot5? Are they crappy over there? Were you able to ROFL stomp the top pvp guilds over there? I'm curious because I've been leveling a toon over there in the hopes that I'll be able to do more ranked pvp.

competitive PVP

If you mean, teams of friends ganging up against others, I am for it. It creates challenge and legitimate competition, and fosters the spirit of PVP in a multi player game. Unfortunately, this is not what PVP in SWTOR stands for, especially on the Ebon Hawk server.

PVP on EH means ANY HACKS and CHEATS necessary. Game Genie/Guerilla/Zen = "cheats are all encouraged, per Baron Deathmark". All cheats "are encouraged."

Edited by Darth_Vampirius

I have great respect for guilds that operate this way, and from what I've seen thus far I dig the DE folks. As far as I know though, you do have a GG member in your guild.

Anyway...

Mort, I do have an honest question:

Lots of ranked games have been happening. Has Guerilla fielded a team yet?

Hex is still working on a team. It's going to be awhile for us. One of the things we've tried to do from the beginning is to make sure our team is all operating, and dedicated to, a single guild tag. It's really important to us, but it slows us way down.

Edited by FeralPug

they should never have implemented same server dual faction, without dual factions communications and friends lists.

klomatoo is unguilded impside, and is on his way to full conq gear (he has this rich uncle pub side...but dont tell anyone he stole his clothes :) but i totally understand why people join multiple guilds. its damn hard to keep track of members online on both sides.

Hah. Then maybe you guys need to try harder to be on the same page as your PR rep sending PM's to everybody. :/

To be fair the PMs were sent as part of a planning phase.. It was less than 24 hour you had all responded and Sunday evening was upon us. .

The FYI thread had been up on the Guild forum for even less time than that..

Its just a problem with timing. I had no idea which day you all would pick for Development night. It just so happened that the night choosen was in very short order, and not everyone had received the memo.. I honestly didn't intend to see this through to fruition the same weekend I sent PMs. I had intended to gather you PMs and discuss them with the leadership.. Then Make an announcement.. even I cant manage to foster participation in a specific event over night.. If that was the case I would have done a **** ton more during my tenure on this server.

There isn't any sinister **** going on, There was a genuine push for Ranked Development and circumstances/timing screwed the pooch.

Edited by DarthBror

I was in TS with Wisteria last night, she explained the Tor'barr membership. Thanks for clearing it up.

I have great respect for guilds that operate this way, and from what I've seen thus far I dig the DE folks. As far as I know though, you do have a GG member in your guild.

Anyway...

Mort, I do have an honest question:

Lots of ranked games have been happening. Has Guerilla fielded a team yet?

Hex is still working on a team. It's going to be awhile for us. One of the things we've tried to do from the beginning is to make sure our team is all operating, and dedicated to, a single guild tag. It's really important to us, but it slows us way down.

Honestly you would have to ask Raando.. But from what ive seen.

There is enough for 2 teams.. Just working out the logistics of what time players can get in group.. Decent make up etc etc..

But a single team can be fielded at just about any time.

Edited by DarthBror

I'm glad you're still interested in doing ranked on TEH. But if I might say, you should be careful about how you form a team with a single guild tag. <Hex> certainly is not a guild to form meta teams depending on occasions; I know that even when <Zen> decided to switch to the Empire side to play with <Hex>, its members were expected to wear the guild tag. But even the resulting team of 8 players with the same guild tag did not make everyone happy, as you might have heard yourself.

Every guild would obviously prefer playing with a team such as the one you mentioned, but I would advise caution if the way to accomplish this involves recruiting players from other guilds. There are not many unguilded players interested in ranked, and even then I personally don't know anyone unguilded who would join a guild just to do ranked. You might be forced to recruit players from other guilds to find enough people to form your ranked team. That leaves a bad taste in the community, and things are fragile enough already. I would hate to see more guilds demoralized after losing their key PvPers.

Smaller guilds have expressed interest in committing to a team without having to change their guild tag. Loyalty to a team involves more than a tag, such teams formed with perhaps two guilds can be just as committed to the cause. As long as the commitment is there, I don't see why this should cause more problems than recruiting from other guilds might. The server would end up with more teams as a result, not less.

Ranked has failed so many times on this server that we are at a point where we need to hold each other's hands and occassionaly /hug until everyone feels motivated enough. I'm not sure whether I should feel sorry about that or not, I like /hugging a lot. But there you go...

Edited by Advanderer

Every guild would obviously prefer playing with a team such as the one you mentioned, but I would advise caution if the way to accomplish this involves recruiting players from other guilds. There are not many unguilded players interested in ranked, and even then I personally don't know anyone unguilded who would join a guild just to do ranked. You might be forced to recruit players from other guilds to find enough people to form your ranked team. That leaves a bad taste in the community, and things are fragile enough already. I would hate to see more guilds demoralized after losing their key PvPers.

Waaaaa?

<Hex> has never poached. Ever. We never will. We have also had a strict policy with our members: if you're on the ranked team, you're not on anyone else's. We learned very early on in Hex's inception that people who try to play for multiple teams are more trouble than they're worth. Hex's roots stem from me running the Veritas ranked 'A' team. We are not a meta-guild.

The Hex/Zen collaboration happened due to both guilds simultaneously finding themselves with half a team. The Zen guys were all evaluated individually when they applied to Hex. Some of them didn't make the cut. You can ask anyone. Zen went defunct at this time. Hex was totally out of rated as well due to half our team leaving the game.

If Hex and Zen hadn't pooled resources at that time, there would have been 2 teams queuing in the fall: GG/Empire meta-team and Guerilla. When Hex/Zen got a team together, GG/Empire/Guerilla formed a meta-team. The Zen guys are all gone (we miss them very much), except for Vic who plays occasionally with us.

Our goal in forming Hex was to build a very small, very tight-knit guild whose tag would be regarded as a very hard-to-earn and prestigious title. Once Hex was formed, our core members have never worn any other tag. We are not members of any other guild. We are not allied with anyone. It is very, very hard to get into Hex. Beyond skill, you have to have a certain personality. We've gotten even more strict about this as time went on, as we learned some early lessons about relaxing our standards.

Please don't accuse my guild of poaching or making sneaky alliances. There are very, very few guilds on our server who can claim the kind of loyalty Hex has enjoyed, its purity of purpose and it's high expectations of its members. We are very, very proud of this fact. We are also very proud of having a small guild that has had a disproportionately positive impact on the server community with many events beyond WZ's and ranked play.

There are many guilds involved in killing ranked PVP on our server. Hex is not one of them. And if you think you know the whole story, I can assure that you do not.

Edited by FeralPug

I'm not accusing you of anything (least of all being a jerk!), otherwise I wouldn't be happy you are still interested in ranked. I know that not every player switches guilds because they are asked first, it's only natural for people to look for a better place for themselves and take an opportunity. The point was not to complain about people switching guilds even though I dislike it, currently I'm more concerned about the future of ranked.

Perhaps you are trying to do what is ideal by having a guild-exclusive team but that might not be possible anymore:

There are not many unguilded players interested in ranked, and even then I personally don't know anyone unguilded who would join a guild just to do ranked. You might be forced to recruit players from other guilds to find enough people to form your ranked team.

I'm just pitching an idea: Entertain the possibility of helping one of the smaller teams or guilds instead. You do not need a guild tag to ensure loyalty or commitment. That will also make it difficult to find enough players to field a team. This isn't for <Hex> only; if I know anything about your guild, you'll still be more interested in a single tag. Stubborn like that.

Edited by Advanderer

Hey Averth, I'm not trying to be defensive here. I'm just feeling the need to set the record straight. Our server has a very short memory.

<Hex> is happy to PUG it, but our goals lie in rebuilding a full <Hex> team (for the third time) who all proudly wear the <Hex> tag and no other.

Edited by FeralPug

Our goal in forming Hex was to build a very small, very tight-knit guild whose tag would be regarded as a very hard-to-earn and prestigious title.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Exactly how many people are in <Hex>? I see you guys all the time in regular WZs and I could of sworn that it is not just the same 3-4 people over and over. Granted, I might be entirely mistaken but still...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Exactly how many people are in <Hex>? I see you guys all the time in regular WZs and I could of sworn that it is not just the same 3-4 people over and over. Granted, I might be entirely mistaken but still...

It pretty much has been the same 4-5 people.

Baarf is also O'pii, Tagnan and Blivious.

Defrib is also Neutrina, Perl and Zaandor.

Jerc is also the marauder-formerly-known-as-Pocalypse.

Xeb is Neb.

Hadrin just returned to the game. He's playing an assassin now: Outsider.

Ares is .... Ares doesn't really count since he's a baddie and only plays one class.

Claws is Izo on the pub side. He's in Europe so our paths rarely cross. He keeps the Hex name alive when the rest of us are sleeping/working.

We just picked up a couple of new members. We have about 6-7 active members as of a few days ago. Typically when I log in there are between 2 and 5 Hexers playing.

Edited by FeralPug

It pretty much has been the same 4-5 people.

Baarf is also O'pii, Tagnan and Blivious.

Defrib is also Neutrina, Perl and Zaandor.

Jerc is also the marauder-formerly-known-as-Pocalypse.

Xeb is Neb.

Hadrin just returned to the game. He's playing an assassin now: Outsider.

Ares is .... Ares doesn't really count since he's a baddie and only plays one class.

Claws is Izo on the pub side. He's in Europe so our paths rarely cross. He keeps the Hex name alive when the rest of us are sleeping/working.

We just picked up a couple of new members. We have about 6-7 active members as of a few days ago. Typically when I log in there are between 2 and 5 Hexers playing.

Ahhh, that explains it. Your members must have swapped alts between matches. Still, a noticeable presence in WZs considering your small roster. Thanks for the detailed response.

Edited by Kattelox

its a shame that you end up having to explain yourself. that being said i thought i was having a nightmare when i was on PTS and had a voidstar against half of you :S

Don't turn around now, Kloma. I'm standing right behind you :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.