Sleep Darts, Ridiculous

MotorCityMan

It's ridiculous that a stealth character can chain cc by repeated use of a single ability. A change to resolve or the CD for it needs to happen. A node can be guarded from stealth ad infinitum against 1 or even 2 attackers. That is just plain silly.

It's ridiculous that a stealth character can chain cc by repeated use of a single ability. A change to resolve or the CD for it needs to happen. A node can be guarded from stealth ad infinitum against 1 or even 2 attackers. That is just plain silly.

While this is true, it is pretty nice to be able to take a good solid nap while a pitch battle is going on. Imagine how refreshed you'll be after you wake up....in the respawn area! :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

yes because 2 of those don't white bar...nope...not at alll...nah....

Not "ad infinitum". 16s without fighting.

Is this post-a-nerf day?

I'll post it in colour to help you out.

All classes are fine where they are. It's those that are taking advantage of loopholes in the bolster system and those that actually know how to play their class that may seem like they are overpowered. The only advice I can give is suck it up and learn to play your class.

Is this post-a-nerf day?

I'll post it in colour to help you out.

All classes are fine where they are. It's those that are taking advantage of loopholes in the bolster system and those that actually know how to play their class that may seem like they are overpowered. The only advice I can give is suck it up and learn to play your class.

Well goody for you, you got in your L2P troll post. Hopefully it is restricted to one a day as well.

No, they don't as a matter of fact, not when an opponant is trying to capture an node that takes 8 seconds.

First sleep dart fills half resolve bar. The second fills it completely and makes the capper immune. If the capper CC breaks at this moment, the whole time he was sleeping was 8 seconds(full first dart duration, zero second dart duration) and now he can't be stopped again without the stealther unstealthing.

1. The victim has to be out of combat

2. Can only be used from stealth

3. Caster can not be in combat

4. Fills up resolve to cap in 2 attempts

5. CC breaker breaks it

6. Some CC immune abilities prevents it

7. They are making CC breaker reset upon death

8. Probably more stuff i cant think of right now

Though i might not be completly objective in this issue, i do play several classes that doesnt have access to this ability - and do just fine when i encounter it in warzones. Likely because since i know exactly how to use it, i also know how to counter it. Tbh, i can't help but to believe that most critisism against this ability comes from ppl who use their defensive and CC-break abilities too recklessly.

It's fine as it is.

Geez. So bad. If he darts you, and unstealth, see if he can cap the node in time. If he can, CC break. If he can't, let the CC wear off and attack. Now, if he doesn't unstealth, don't CC break. It's all about management. If you CC break, and he restealths, DO NOT STAND NEAR THE NODE. This will invite him to easily cap. If you're a good 20m away, he'll have to rush back over there to cap. If you're a warrior though, and don't have throw on CD, be wary as he may go into cover.

Hope this helps.

Once your nerf does not afect PVE, ok, let's nerf/buff.

Geez. So bad. If he darts you, and unstealth, see if he can cap the node in time. If he can, CC break. If he can't, let the CC wear off and attack. Now, if he doesn't unstealth, don't CC break. It's all about management. If you CC break, and he restealths, DO NOT STAND NEAR THE NODE. This will invite him to easily cap. If you're a good 20m away, he'll have to rush back over there to cap. If you're a warrior though, and don't have throw on CD, be wary as he may go into cover.

Hope this helps.

If you're guarding a node it's pretty much guaranteed all your CD is up. If your offensive moves are used up for any reason you're almost certainly in combat and won't be affected by sleep dart to begin with.

In all except Hypergates there's almost never enough time for the stealther to dart you and cap before it wears off unless he started right next to the node. Since dart only has a range of 10m, what you do is simply stand than 10m away and then he won't be able to get to the node on time to cap. In Hypergates, due to only 6s is required to cap, it's trickier to defend but the distance between the node and center is also much smaller. A good spot for non stealth class to stand is halfway between the WZ powerup and your node. It's easy for your team to see you, and it's way too far away for someone to sap you and cap but you can easily get to the node on time with any 30m attack if they try to just walk around you.

If you're guarding a node it's pretty much guaranteed all your CD is up. If your offensive moves are used up for any reason you're almost certainly in combat and won't be affected by sleep dart to begin with.

In all except Hypergates there's almost never enough time for the stealther to dart you and cap before it wears off unless he started right next to the node. Since dart only has a range of 10m, what you do is simply stand than 10m away and then he won't be able to get to the node on time to cap. In Hypergates, due to only 6s is required to cap, it's trickier to defend but the distance between the node and center is also much smaller. A good spot for non stealth class to stand is halfway between the WZ powerup and your node. It's easy for your team to see you, and it's way too far away for someone to sap you and cap but you can easily get to the node on time with any 30m attack if they try to just walk around you.

Have to be out of roll distance to the node. Can easily sap, roll, get into cover, cap.

It's really annoying when a stealther is lingering between nodes and you have to take a 16 sec nap in the middle of nowehere. But then again, what isnt gamebreaking with the stealthers, and foremost operatives, in this game? Edited by MidichIorian

Honestly, sleep dart works only on truly bad players. Here is what bad player does:

Me: Sleep Dart > Enemy: CC breaker (I'm still in stealth) > Me: Sleep Dart again > Enemy: Forums, whine etc. while I cap the node and he's stuck with no CC breaker at this point.

Simple solution? After I sleep you first, don't use a CC breaker, wait for me to start capping at which point I'm out of stealth and unable to sleep you anyway. Now, what I will definitely try to do next is emergency stealth again, disengage and sleep you again... But at this point your team should be there to help ya :p

And to the poster above, DPS scoundrel in this game is a what you'd call 'an all in, do or die' sort of class. If I time my engagement perfectly, I will kill you very fast. If I don't or your buddies notice that I'm there or I get CCed at the wrong time, or someone farts at me the wrong way, I'm toast. I have one get out of jail card and that's emergency stealth. Otherwise I'm screwed and have to run. Or die. More often die. Classes I'd be worried about are ones that do a lot of damage and don't require much tactical thinking before engagement because they have excellent defensive skills.

Edited by Sacriversum

No, they don't as a matter of fact, not when an opponant is trying to capture an node that takes 8 seconds.

There's nothing trollish in what he said. 2 sleeping darts = full resolve is correct.

If you used cc breaker the first time and got stunned again, then you got flashbanged for 8 sec.

It's incredible the amount of people who still don't understand the basics of resolve. Save cc breaker for when you will truly need it. Using cc breaker straight away won't do you or your team any good.

Anyone who darts you twice is an idiot.

This man gets it.

Edited by Alkazarr

There's nothing trollish in what he said. 2 sleeping darts = full resolve is correct.

If you used cc breaker the first time and got stunned again, then you got flashbanged for 8 sec.

It's incredible the amount of people who still don't understand the basics of resolve. Save cc breaker for when you will truly need it. Using cc breaker straight away won't do you or your team any good.

This man gets it.

But when you are trying to capture a node, it takes 8 seconds and while you are trying to capture, resolve goes down, making you susceptible to cc again, is the point I was making. I think we were not understanding each other. Sleep Dart lasts 8 seconds, which is a long time compared to other CCs, and to capture a node takes 8 seconds. It takes a second to click on the node. 8+1 +8 =17. CD of sleep dart is 16, so have a second to re apply the sleep dart. But right, stealth can use one of their other CCs as well.

I still think it's ridiculous that someone can keep you cc'd from stealth. Even though I enjoy using it on my Op, the CD on dart needs to be increased to be more in line with other CCs in the game. Increasing the CD to 30 seconds would not interfere with pve.

Edited by MotorCityMan

I still think it's ridiculous that someone can keep you cc'd from stealth. Even though I enjoy using it on my Op, the CD on dart needs to be increased to be more in line with other CCs in the game.

No it doesn't. The very fact that it can only be used from stealth, on a target not in combat, and 2 uses of which fills the resolve bar makes it a tactical tool for delaying cappers rather than an endless chain of mezzes. There is literally no reason to be whining about sleep dart. Part of the utility of stealth classes is precisely that they can stealth sap.