Why am I so bugged

ruxus

Since the day I began playing, I've been experiencing tons of technical issues with the game. Global Cooldown, Warzone and Flashpoint pops not showing, making me constantly restart the game to get it working, random exits and lots of other fun stuff which I'm still waiting on a fix for, but today I encountered this....... http://i.imgur.com/Q30u7CM.jpg the heck happened to the game? lol Edited by ruxus

Have you tried using the repair tool from the launcher? Seems like a corrupted file or something that repair might be able to help with.

Repaired. Re-installed. Same thing. Now what?

Thanks.

Repaired. Re-installed. Same thing. Now what?

Thanks.

I'm assuming you have already tried Customer Support?

It would be helpful to know your system information and when this problem started happening, along with if SWTOR had ever worked with your particular system.

It seems to have fixed itself. It's working fine at the moment. Thanks.

Glad to see that the game is up and running for you. If you still continue to experience problems, don't hesitate to ask. One thing to think about is sometimes I simply have to wait a few minutes for The Old Republic to load on my computer properly before playing. Sometime I'll load, and the outlying interface will load (loading screen disappears) but there is only a black screen or my character will not move even though it is shown on the screen. Various instances, seem possibly similar to your problem. And I have found you simply have to wait a few minutes, even though the game appears to have already loaded. And sometimes the problem will resolve itself.

Another thing to consider: RAM problems.

I know loads of people never even think about RAM. It's just a set of magical sticks that always do their job with 100% accuracy.... until they don't. Never have I seen such a collection of truly bizarre errors as when I had a pair of DIMMs go evil on me. Things would work... mostly. But each time I started a game, I was basically rolling a pair of dice to find out what feature would be bugged that time.

Each of these suggestions are solid. If you have the means, or a friend with the means to do so, it is worth having the video card examined for any physical symptoms (like scorch marks, smells, or over heating) and confirming the Drivers are fully up to date. Also, it is important to have at least 1GB which is not shared. Once I installed my 2GB low-profile with a heat sink, I've experienced 0 issues.

As for the RAM, it is always a good idea to check the post from the Bios to confirm each DIMM is loading and processing efficiently. Sometimes the issues we have are not transparent and require a little digging. If the issue corrected itself, I would lean more on the Video card. If it were a DIMM issue, it would affect more than SWTOR and would likely not correct itself unless you physically removed and reseated the DIMMs on the motherboard.