Remove Accuracy and Alacrity from ALL Tanking Gear

swanthon

For all tank classes, Accuracy is found on one set piece and Alacrity is found on one set piece in both the Arkanian and Underworld gear. These stats are found on the enhancements. Please remove these useless stats from this gear so the hardest gear to obtain is actual *useful*.

For a tank trying to maximize mitigation (highest combo of shield/defense/absorb possible) (which they should be), Best in Slot enhancements are already hard enough to get. (NONE of the pieces buyable with Elite or Ultimate comms have BiS mods or enhancements.) When you add on two of the enhancements out of the set of Arkanian/Underworld gear are completely useless, this just makes the whole thing even harder. Please remove immediately.

In case the explanation is needed: Tanks keeping aggro is not an issue at all in this game. Having abilities hit faster (alacrity) or more often (accuracy) only affects ability to keep aggro. (Most tanking cooldowns, taunts, etc are not on the Global Cooldown.) If you really feel the need to make a piece with these stats available for some reason, put it on the Elite/Ultimate comm obtainable gear, not the Arkanian/Underworld.

Good riddance.

I am going to hold judgment until it can be said that no tank is ever going to need Alacrity or Accuracy..

I know the changes to the shadow tank has made our mele attacks more useful to tanking and holding threat.. You no longer have to be behind the target to use shadow strike.. So, accuracy may be needed here.. At least a little..

As for Alacrity?? I heard it has been changed and is useful to all now.. :)

Alacrity may be "useful" to all, but the amount you need to be actually useful is plain ridiculous. So you'd sacrifice too much of your mitigation in order to have any amount of useful alacrity.

As for accuracy, basically the same rule applies. While assassins/shadows can now use Maul/Shadow Strike while in front of a target with the correct skill tree... I've personally found the pre-ROTC rotations for assassins/shadows far more effective for maintaining threat.

So a Maul/Shadow Strike to the face is only good for upping your tanking assassin/shadow's DPS while soloing, PVPing, and to help finish off mobs in PVE. But as a primary threat generation ability I personally think it fails.

I have to agree with Majikmyst on this one, the amount of Alacrity needed to be useful to tanks is outright pointless if the tanks themselves cannot actually absorb attacks or survive to make use of it. I had an Assassin Tank need on a HEALER chest piece because it had Alacrity... And that's just ridiculous.

Just remove Alacrity for tanks, it's absolutely useless to them.

Agree with everyone. Make those STATS go away on our tanking gear please.

I always chuckle when it drops and I pass because the STATS are crap. (Surprise, surprise)

I mean.. I'm pretty sure taunt has 100% Accuracy the last time I checked. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
The reason why alacrity is on your gear is quite simple; they poorly optimized it on purpose so that you would have to spend more time on grinding for gear and comms for that perfect enhancement or mod in another piece.

You may say certain melee abilities are more useful for holding threat, but as long as you can still hold threat in any situation *without* taking accuracy as a stat, you don't need it. It's overkill. And with proper rotation of taunts, there is no tanking class in this game that has trouble holding threat.

I have to agree with Majikmyst on this one, the amount of Alacrity needed to be useful to tanks is outright pointless if the tanks themselves cannot actually absorb attacks or survive to make use of it. I had an Assassin Tank need on a HEALER chest piece because it had Alacrity... And that's just ridiculous.

Just remove Alacrity for tanks, it's absolutely useless to them.

Don't you mean disagree? Majikmyst is the one holding judgment as he's going of BW's post that alacrity is useful for all. Your agreeing with sleepingferret

Edited by Spyderwraith

Don't you mean disagree? Majikmyst is the one holding judgment as he's going of BW's post that alacrity is useful for all. Your agreeing with sleepingferret

Went through the post again, yea, I agree with Sleepingferret, not Majik... Alacrity is plain useless for Warriors (except shaving maybe .07 seconds of your GCB, but really, you are sacrificing 500 shield rating for THAT?) and for shadows, it's KIND of nice, but you'd get more benefit from the DPS set bonus that makes it so you recover 8 energy from your default attack button, which in and of itself is actually nice, but is not worth sacrificing extra defense or resistance.

The ones that benefit most from this are Powertechs, which would be acceptable if alacrity helped vent heat faster... it does not, so the point has to be either improve the energy pool regeneration, or scrap it, because it's not effective for class tanks enough to sacrifice shield rating or absorption rating or what have you in favor of that small .1 increase to your energy pool.

• 1 month later...
when i went to buy some new gear with comms i was also suprised especially to see alacrity on my assassin tank's new gear. i had to google the issue just to make sure i wasn't missing anything. what a ridiculous waste of time and comms.

I dread finding pieces with accuracy or alacrity on my tank.....it wastes my credits :( even worse is when the BM implant for shadow tanks is loaded with accuracy....no way of getting around that, rather than upgrading.

The issue is that they trade places with shield, and that is a ridiculous illusion of choice and just confuses new tanks. Either remove them, or make tanking enhancements have different rules, so that if you guys really want us to have accuracy/alacrity it doesn't come at the cost of tanking stats.

The expectation that tanks choose between tanking stats and dps stats on their gear just makes no sense when threat in this game is purposefully designed to be simple. The comments made by Bioware about accuracy being useful for threat generation demonstrates an incomplete and contradictory understanding of their own game design.

Lets not even begin to talk about the "actual" benefits of those stats to tanks in the first place. If Bioware think these stats are good for us because of the way some active mitigation procs and abilities interact with accuracy and alacrity, it still doesn't justify the proportion of mitigation you would loose to even see any benefit from these stats in the first place.

Imagine if accuracy was on healer gear?, that's how much sense it makes. What the hell is going on Bioware?

/signed.

Edited by Marb

Does there exist actual fact material (spreadsheets, for example) showing the differences between armor with and without alacrity & accuracy ?

I mean "everyone says so" is not very scientific.

I recently looked at armor for my Smuggler companions. One piece had a loss of Cunning (for a Smuggler compoanion which was dependent on Cunning), but a definitive + of Accuracy - and the tooltip stated that the min damage and the max damage was increased something around +30 to +40.

I didn't quite understand this, I must say.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I have noticed all the accuracy/alacrity on tank gears for awhile, and have been quite frustrated with getting my comms gathered up and going to buy new gear only to find out the piece I wanted was practically useless. However, I was dealing with it and making do with trying to farm pieces with different stats from flashpoints until yesterday. Yesterday I got all excited about the new 162 main hands from the new rep vendors and went to take a look at them. What did I find? The guardian tanking saber had accuracy on it. I was furious that I would have to spend 350 elite comms to get a saber with an enhancement that was worthless. I decided to double check the forums and make sure I wasn't missing something important when it came to stats. Now that I see I was right I almost feel worse.