Please give us less adaptive bra's and more actual clothes for females

However, if you think it's to risqué to link here, why would they put those examples in game?

I'll clarify, it's not the outfits that are risque, but some of the artwork on deviantart.com is, and I don't want people going there and seeing what I want them to see, but on the side there's another SW female that's nude, and getting in trouble that way. They are very strict around here and it's not something I'd like to get banned for, even though I'd love to post some cool female outfits that I think would be awesome to see on characters in-game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really bad when MMO developers think that females want to wear skimpy clothing when fighting in combat. It's not called a Breastplate so you can show off their breasts. Guild Wars 2 has the exact same problem. Every single piece of female armor is skimpy or shows off their breasts in some way. You can have sexy looking armor for females without going skimpy.

Edit: Removed a line that didn't really fit and annoyed people. My mistake.

Edited by spectreclees

It's really bad when MMO developers think that females want to wear skimpy clothing when fighting in combat. NO, they want to dress like everyone else. It's not called a Breastplate so you can show off their breasts. Guild Wars 2 has the exact same problem. Every single piece of female armor is skimpy or shows off their breasts in some way.

I want to wear the Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest in combat! It's really bad when other players can't see why others would!

Also, it's a very typical outfit for anyone in the SW universe to fight in, when only troopers and some BH's use heavy armor.

Theres like what 6 in total? And as a girl I dislike the slave girl look but I love the relaxed tops, they look elegant and just sexy enough to not be distracting. So I personally wouldn't count the relaxed tops as "a bra" more than I would call it a bikini top.

Theres like what 6 in total? And as a girl I dislike the slave girl look but I love the relaxed tops, they look elegant and just sexy enough to not be distracting. So I personally wouldn't count the relaxed tops as "a bra" more than I would call it a bikini top.

I wouldn't count the female version of Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest as a bra or skimpy really. Revealing does not equal skimpy.

It's really bad when MMO developers think that females want to wear skimpy clothing when fighting in combat. NO, they want to dress like everyone else. It's not called a Breastplate so you can show off their breasts. Guild Wars 2 has the exact same problem. Every single piece of female armor is skimpy or shows off their breasts in some way.

Just looking at the lack of skimpy clothing in SWTOR this clearly isn't the case.

Also, this is 2013, where freedom of choice is not something that should be considered taboo or "bad". Just cuz you don't like skimpy clothing doesn't mean you can speak for all of us with stupid statements like "NO, they want to dress like everyone else."

Skimpy clothing isn't a "problem", outdated 1950s attitudes and prejudices like yours are.

Respectfully, I think you're missing the point a bit. The majority of female characters are played by males who prefer to play with a pretty rear view, preferably not wearing much. It's not that the devs misunderstand their market, it's that they fully understand who their market actually is, and they'll cater for the majority. Sad but true ;).

Respectfully, I think you're missing the point a bit. The majority of female characters are played by males who prefer to play with a pretty rear view, preferably not wearing much. It's not that the devs misunderstand their market, it's that they fully understand who their market actually is, and they'll cater for the majority. Sad but true ;).

And this is just typical male thinking.

Just as many females want to wear such outfits. :p

the main reason why i used the dancers outfits was the armor rating of 120 when you would have been restricted to 100 or 80 dew to the class but with the jumpsiut ones are a bit more teast full but i would like a robe or trench coat together with the jumpsuit top that's my 2 cents any way...

the main reason why i used the dancers outfits was the armor rating of 120 when you would have been restricted to 100 or 80 dew to the class but with the jumpsiut ones are a bit more teast full but i would like a robe or trench coat together with the jumpsuit top that's my 2 cents any way...

Dancer tops are adaptive.

Just looking at the lack of skimpy clothing in SWTOR this clearly isn't the case.

Also, this is 2013, where freedom of choice is not something that should be considered taboo or "bad". Just cuz you don't like skimpy clothing doesn't mean you can speak for all of us with stupid statements like "NO, they want to dress like everyone else."

Skimpy clothing isn't a "problem", outdated 1950s attitudes and prejudices like yours are.

I love seeing breasts on my computer screen. This goes beyond Star Wars and it's skimpy outfits. Other MMOS use the same concept that all female characters have to show skin or have their breasts popping out of the chestpiece to make it look sexy. It's a misconception from art designers. Sexy doesn't always mean skimpiness.

I used a poor choice of words saying you want to look like us. The point of my post was not to say I WANT NO SEXY OUTFITS. It was more so I want something other than skimpy outfits all the time. Sexy does not = Skimpy. They more so don't target the actual female player playing the female, instead they target the males who play them which isn't right to me.

Just an example of armor that looks sexy on a female but isn't skimpy.

http://www.kiasa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/skyrim-armour.jpg

Edited by spectreclees

I love seeing breasts on my computer screen. This goes beyond Star Wars and it's skimpy outfits. Other MMOS use the same concept that all female characters have to show skin or have their breasts popping out of the chestpiece to make it look sexy. It's a misconception from art designers. Sexy doesn't always mean skimpiness.

I used a poor choice of words saying you want to look like us. The point of my post was not to say I WANT NO SEXY OUTFITS. It was more so I want something other than skimpy outfits all the time. Sexy does not = Skimpy. They more so don't target the actual female player playing the female, instead they target the males who play them which isn't right to me.

Where's this info that female players who play female characters, don't infact, want to run around in those outfits.

o.O Huh?

I think it's cuz you forgot to "given idear" or something.

I know we don't agree on much but I don't think you're a troll but it seems people just like to throw that term around thinking it'll give them street cred or something.

Edited by PetFish

That example you gave is sexy, for sure, but it all comes down to opinion. Some people prefer one or the other just like some people like breasts and others like butts. I happen to have no preference and think skimpy and non-skimpy can be and are equally sexy. For me, beautiful is beautiful and sexy is sexy, and there's no wrong opinion on the matter. All I'm hoping for are more skimpy options.

Also, go to any bar or watch any pop culture show and you'll see women into women all over the place. It's one of those things where it's "ok" and even "cool and expected" for women to be attracted to each other. There's probably more women than anyone thinks who would rather see skimpy outfits on other women. If they have the assets they want to see it and I'm sure they also want to show it.

That example you gave is sexy, for sure, but it all comes down to opinion. Some people prefer one or the other just like some people like breasts and others like butts. I happen to have no preference and think skimpy and non-skimpy can be and are equally sexy. For me, beautiful is beautiful and sexy is sexy, and there's no wrong opinion on the matter. All I'm hoping for are more skimpy options.

See! We agree on this! Well, I'm just hoping for "Outfits I personally like" >_> But it's about the same general idea! :p

My only disagreement has been that TOR has an abundance of skimpy outfits. It really doesn't. We've shown the math on that one. :p

It's more that it goes along with there's to many slaves running around on fleet. :p You see everyone in or using slave bikini outfits on companions, and it feels like there are WAY more skimpy outfits than there really are.

My only disagreement has been that TOR has an abundance of skimpy outfits. It really doesn't. We've shown the math on that one. :p

It's more that it goes along with there's to many slaves running around on fleet. :p You see everyone in or using slave bikini outfits on companions, and it feels like there are WAY more skimpy outfits than there really are.

I agree with you that it is more the player-selected prevalence of one or two models, rather than a huge variety of skimpy models. But I don't think that was what the OP was suggesting either. Saying "We don't want more" is not the same as saying "There is an over-abundance of x model types." We're just expressing a preference for more realistic/less misogynistic armour types, a little more on par with the selection available to male characters.

When I said earlier that SWTOR was "not as bad" as other games in this regard, I was acknowledging that there is a lot more selection of female armour in this game and less of the pigeon-holed chainmail bikinis that are ubiquitous in some MMORPGs. Needless to say I avoid those games with a passion.

I agree with you that it is more the player-selected prevalence of one or two models, rather than a huge variety of skimpy models. But I don't think that was what the OP was suggesting either. Saying "We don't want more" is not the same as saying "There is an over-abundance of x model types." We're just expressing a preference for more realistic/less misogynistic armour types, a little more on par with the selection available to male characters.

When I said earlier that SWTOR was "not as bad" as other games in this regard, I was acknowledging that there is a lot more selection of female armour in this game and less of the pigeon-holed chainmail bikinis that are ubiquitous in some MMORPGs. Needless to say I avoid those games with a passion.

As per the OP:

I love to shop on the GTN, and I buy the occasional adaptive armor, as some of it looks pretty good. The problem is a lot of the adaptive armor for females are just a bra. Some look fancy, some have short sleeves and so on, but most I find are just variations of the slave girl outfit. Which I hate, for that matter.

I get the idea the OP was saying the opposite of what you thought. But the OP was shopping GTN for adaptive armor, which, if it's like my server (or even my server), Dancer Tops seem to be prevalent (and cheap). Seeing how it was a very common drop in the packs and males don't get the option to use it, my guess would be "abundance of use" So abundant, I believe my guild has quite a few of them sitting in the guild bank for anyone to grab if they want them.