The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Shiny New MCR-100...

Octom

... is a lie.

"The MCR-100 Droid is no longer invisible when summoned."

Nope, still invisible. Still doesn't work in the preview window though that wasn't actually stated to be fixed.

It is still invisible when I summon it and it's still invisible in the preview window when the icon is hotlinked. There was also a person on Voss I met randomly who was curious about it because he did not get the mail even though he has the achievement.

Now, that last one could be understandable - he did not 'get' the achievement after the patch I'm guessing.

What else can I try out? I don't know if there's much more.

As a side note, would you mind taking a look at this and finding out why the decision was made? It seems very wrong and out of the spirit of the entire quest.

Edited by Octom

I was looking forward to the patch note that said, Players who have completed the "MCR-99" Achievement now receive the MCR-100 Droid minipet reward via in-game mail. Yet I still have not gotten my pet after receiving the game mail Your "Admirer" A special Gift from 21 days ago. When I seen that it was bugged it was reported that you could send in a ticket and when I did was given the general response ticket I have gotten on several other tickets word for word. Basically saying Customer Service can't do anything its a developer issue. Just now went to look at the ticket to write the number (8927407) and most of it is missing including the response. Luckly I have the e-mail in my normal mailbox of the ticket.

I was looking forward to the patch note that said, Players who have completed the "MCR-99" Achievement now receive the MCR-100 Droid minipet reward via in-game mail. Yet I still have not gotten my pet after receiving the game mail Your "Admirer" A special Gift from 21 days ago. When I seen that it was bugged it was reported that you could send in a ticket and when I did was given the general response ticket I have gotten on several other tickets word for word. Basically saying Customer Service can't do anything its a developer issue. Just now went to look at the ticket to write the number (8927407) and most of it is missing including the response. Luckly I have the e-mail in my normal mailbox of the ticket.

Yep same thing as me, i had completed the quest before the patch went live and only look at my mail after the patch went live and still dont have it

Yes, it is still invisible for me as well. It should be noted, however, that the pet had to be granted to me by a CSR via email. So perhaps there is an unintended additional bug that goes along with pets that are not properly granted thru the reward email (ex. all of them so far). I also submitted a bug report ticket in-game.

Side note: why is it that every time a CSR "looks into my account", it resets all my quickbars (other than quickbar 1)? I'm grateful that they are trying to be helpful and answer my questions/reports, but it's kind of a pain to have to reset them all.

Yes, it is still invisible for me as well. It should be noted, however, that the pet had to be granted to me by a CSR via email. So perhaps there is an unintended additional bug that goes along with pets that are not properly granted thru the reward email (ex. all of them so far). I also submitted a bug report ticket in-game.

Side note: why is it that every time a CSR "looks into my account", it resets all my quickbars (other than quickbar 1)? I'm grateful that they are trying to be helpful and answer my questions/reports, but it's kind of a pain to have to reset them all.

You and I are in the same boat. Completed all the requirements, got the completion email, but the pet was not attached. Submitted a ticket (day before patch) and I just got my MCR-100 today. However, the pet is invisible and just like you....all my quickbars were empty except quickbar 1! Lol. At least everything else was good.

Hopefully they get this rendering thing down. I want to see the reward for all my time spent scanning those droids!

• Dev Post

Hello there everyone!

I wanted to step in and give you an update around the MCR-99 Droid minipet and the trouble the little guy's seen (with not being seen!). There are two issues with this pet:

1. We fixed a bug in Game Update 2.1.1 that would prevent the Droid from being attached to the in-game reward email. Unfortunately, players who completed the requirements and received an in-game mail before the patch did not get a new mail with the pet when the fix was deployed. This is something that we plan to fix in an upcoming patch. Unfortunately, we don't have the timeframe locked down well enough to let you know when this will be. I can tell you it won't happen in Game Update 2.2, but I'll follow up when details become clear.

2. The MCR-99 Droid minipet is invisible when he's summoned! Unfortunately, the intended fix for this in Game Update 2.1.1 did not resolve his super stealthiness. We're working on fixing this too; as with above, though, I don't have a time frame on this. For now, we will be listing this on the Known Issues.

Thanks again for your patience!

Edited by AmberGreen
KI linkage