At least SWTOR isn't as bad as STO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ironic.. SWTOR's been out just about the same amount of time & people are trashing it... But if it's STO, "Give it time".. Yes SWTOR has it's problems, but so does STO.

Just a minor correction, but STO was released close to two years before SWTOR. It was released on 2 Feb of 2010 and SWTOR was released on 20 Dec 2011, so it was already out about 22 months.

Also just a minor thing...but pointing out that STOs ground combat is bad is like saying that SWTORs space combat is bad. I think that STOs main thing is the space combat, and SWTORs is ground. I will say this though...if space is STOs primary and ground is SWTORs primary then the alternate gameplay on STO is a little bit better then what SWTOR has.

VERY well said. You wanna slam the mediocre FPS/MMO hybrid shooter that is STO's ground game? Well fine, let's talk SWTORs Starfox rail shooter space game that is so bad that players were botting it to the point where Bioware nerfed the rewards so hard that there is nearly no point to doing the content. Heck, hardly anybody would use 'fun' as a reason to do said content (though I know there are four of you out there, god bless you).

/Golf Clap

VERY well said. You wanna slam the mediocre FPS/MMO hybrid shooter that is STO's ground game? Well fine, let's talk SWTORs Starfox rail shooter space game that is so bad that players were botting it to the point where Bioware nerfed the rewards so hard that there is nearly no point to doing the content. Heck, hardly anybody would use 'fun' as a reason to do said content (though I know there are four of you out there, god bless you).

/Golf Clap

Uhh no...i was replying to someone else that mentioned STOs ground game was bad.

EDIT: the person said STO's ground game was bad which is obvious. But that would be just like me stating that SWTORs space portion is bad, another obvious. STO's main strength is space combat and SWTORs is ground combat. The alternate playstyle for STO is ground and alternate playstyle for SWTOR is space...and again as i have stated both of those alternates for each game are bad when compared to the primary game style for each game.

DOUBLE EDIT: i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me so i just posted up the previous for further clarification. I wasnt slamming STO, was just pointing out the stuff in my EDIT.

Edited by swtonewbie

So..in order to feel better about SWTOR you have to compare it to another botched MMO from a rival "universe" ?

well hope that works for ya.

STO has it's good parts...and some SWTOR can even learn from

STO has good space combat...even if it's un-trek like to go blasting first and with that kind of body (ship) count.

STO also has an awesome crew creator/system..I just WISH SWTOR had STO's crew system for companions...create your own from name to look to skills. SWTOR could learn a lot from that.

Uhh no...i was replying to someone else that mentioned STOs ground game was bad.

EDIT: the person said STO's ground game was bad which is obvious. But that would be just like me stating that SWTORs space portion is bad, another obvious. STO's main strength is space combat and SWTORs is ground combat. The alternate playstyle for STO is ground and alternate playstyle for SWTOR is space...and again as i have stated both of those alternates for each game are bad when compared to the primary game style for each game.

DOUBLE EDIT: i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me so i just posted up the previous for further clarification. I wasnt slamming STO, was just pointing out the stuff in my EDIT.

I was agreeing with you 100% :). Sorry...I don't do snarky frequently enough to be good at it....yet!