Augments for PTs

DarthMors

Which should I go for for PvP action? Endurance, Absorb, Shield, Defense? Short question SHOULD lead to short answers...

I level 55, full Partisian (whatever) gear, except boots for the time being. Your input and help is appreciated.

Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like a real idiot...what is AP? Please bear in mind that i am still new to MMOs...

And why would I want to bump Aim? I thought PTs were tanks, not DPS. Am I missing something?

Edited by DarthMors

attack power

but you only ask for defensive stats, so i assume you play tank, so your best stat would be endurance as tanks need to catch the most damage thru guard and i´m not quite sure if guarded damage can be absorbed aswell

For damage, in most cases it will be the classes main stat, barring unusual exceptions (such as marauders), due to the +% main stat from skill trees and the contributions to crit %. Edited by Marb

• 2 weeks later...
Just bumping myself here. Still having a time of it in the Warzones. Def or shield? Or absorb? Im tired of dying...

For Vanguard, 4:3 shield to absorb ratio is what I would go for. Based on the calculations in the tanking stat distribution thread.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/186d786e-5d85-4469-ad43-072b84b75351

This setup has 138 defense rating, 869 shield rating and 658 absorb rating.

In this setup I have 5 absorb and 9 shield augments. Replacing 1-3 abs augments with shield augments might be better since I didnt take the relic absorb proc into account. Notice that I am using the Matrix Relic (which might be better if the defense proc shares ICD with the abs proc) and I am using 69 PvE barrel/armoring in the mainhand/offhand (because weapon dmg and tech power is more valuable than the expertise in that case).

This setup is what I think best in slot for partisan geared PT tanks. There are arguments for End augments too in regards to Guard, but I prefer better self defense for ball carrying and node defending.

Edited by Kameki

Common misconception of the bolster system. Everything in a warzone is automatically buffed to level 72 regardless of what it is outside the warzone. The same is true of armor rating. This leads to the obvious conclusion that aside from special case scenarios (lvl 54 crafted gear and campaign gear) pvp gear is superior. Basically never ever ever mix and match pvp and pve within the same item. It's the least effective thing you could do. DPS wise 1 expertise ~= 5 power and tank wise 1 expertise ~= 3 endurance Edited by Ryvirath

Common misconception of the bolster system. Everything in a warzone is automatically buffed to level 72 regardless of what it is outside the warzone. The same is true of armor rating. This leads to the obvious conclusion that aside from special case scenarios (lvl 54 crafted gear and campaign gear) pvp gear is superior. Basically never ever ever mix and match pvp and pve within the same item. It's the least effective thing you could do. DPS wise 1 expertise ~= 5 power and tank wise 1 expertise ~= 3 endurance

So do i want the PvP gear? Or should I be running around the WZ's is best end game gear i can find?

So do i want the PvP gear? Or should I be running around the WZ's is best end game gear i can find?

You want Conq gear -always

As for augments you want full fortitude augments (endurance) you will need the extra hp to act as a buffer for when RNG fails you. Ideally you should sit at 36k hp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.