Gree Event

Yishie

I like the event it is nice to have a change of pace. This being said I would like to say something about the pvp part of it on my server there are people camping the center of the map almost 24/7 they will not let you get your orbs UNLESS you pay them. Then they will let you pass. what are your thoughts on this? is it ok in your opinion or not

So... why don't you go get a bunch of your friends and kick their asses off the top of the hill? You know, do what the game is designed for? Or maybe just wait for the ten seconds it takes to switch to another instance of Ilum?

I mean, is it a jerky thing to do? Sure. But if anyone is enough of a ******* to actually pay money to do the quest for the minimal reward that you get, they kind of deserve to get parted from their credits.

We have and they will leave for a hour or two when we leave they come back and start charging people again. We even went so far as to have our whole guild in the center area 31 people however i do not feel like we should have to act like police or something

Yes they were charging for access to the pylons we ran them off more than one time but they camp it almost 24/7 and no we are not going to sit there and keep them from doing that all through the week. IMO their should be some kind of something in place so if you are killed a number of times you are no longer able to be hit or hit others to cut this crap out like a limit to how many you can kill in a given day

I think this is hillarious =)

On my server sometime they stand in line and wait, somtimes a bunch of players zerg everything, or we just fight for the "first", but to camp and try to get credits is just an idea of a genius.

I would get an "op" group in an instant and kill them so hard that even there grandchildren will loose 5 lives on every game they load. =)

And start with it on my own maybe *g*

I love open pvp and i think to have an option is what it makes so exciting. PvP is in my opinion NOT these counterstrikelike minigames they call BGs. Its optional interaction.

Easy fix make the pylon guardians in the PvP zone champions just like the ones in the PvE zone end of problem they'll be to busy punkin around with the pylon quest to be griefing.

Of course if the Devs wanted to be really savvy they'd, and they could ever figure out the code to this game (since EA fired all the good writers) they could make the PvP quest actually include a PvP element in the quest. Many suggestions of real PvP quest have been submitted, and yet no quest, hell even the Rakgul event had real PvP quests in it. Still the best event ever brought to the game.

Easy fix make the pylon guardians in the PvP zone champions just like the ones in the PvE zone end of problem they'll be to busy punkin around with the pylon quest to be griefing.

imho you are thinking of the wrong mission.

Yishie, this is a type of player called a "Ganker" or " Griefer" and they would kill you even if you gave them money.

They are lonely desperate for attention and get a kick out of hurting others. Getting angry or even attacking them in a group is exactly what they want, and even of they do get repetitively pwned they will just move to another instance and do it there.

Best thing to do is to ignore them and report it. Prevent other players from doing pve content ( even in a pvp area) is against game policy and they can be banned for it. It sucks if you can't get the Gree rep but if Bioware is going to give Gankers a playground for the week there is not too much we can do.

There are dozens of pages on the topic open right now and I hope bioware dose something about it before the next event.

Edited by Jrea

I play on a pve server and this was the first Gree vent that I saw such harsh abuse and complaints against the PVP area. If you do the math the reputation gained from the southern point is not that much compared to the others especially the bosses so I would say skip the gankers. Ganking can be fun but like pulling the legs off an insect it is probably the sign of a mental condition that can not be addressed in game. Get a group together and hit them. If you have ranged you can also hit them while they are on a speeder and then get away, so at least be their own pain in the rear. But the only way to get a bully to stop is stand up even in an MMO.