The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Cloak bug?

Glowrod

Description of Skill: Uses the Force to make you vanish from sight, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode. For 10 seconds, you become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is decreased by 100%.

Issue: It seems that most of the time that I use this skill to escape a failing combat, I manage to excape, but I'm still flagged as being in combat so I can't heal or res the companion. Sometimes when I come out of stealth, even far away from the guy I was fighting, he'll come after me again. The only fix I've found for this is to wait out the 3 minute cooldown timer and cast it again to fully break out of combat.

Edited by Glowrod

I've had this happen many times as well, and not just on force users. My scoundrels have this happen to them as well.

I think the problem is caused by either a DOT that is still running on the mob and causing damage, putting you back into combat as soon as it ticks again after your vanish, or possibly a companion channeled skill that is in progress, and not interrupted at the time you 'poof'.

I've reported this as best I could several times a long time ago, but have just ultimately decided it's probably not going to get fixed and have learned to deal with it.

Not just consular/inquisitor, but also happens with agents/scoundrel as well. This bug has been very long in the game, I guess Bioware didn't fix it since it's not in their priority list.

I remember playing my Sin back in June 2012 and I never had this problem, this seems rampant. It's like the server lags while mobs are in mid combat (they've already hit you but the animation hasn't occurred) and so it bugs out. Reminds me of EverQuest with monks Feign Death, seven times out of ten Feign Death would fail if you FD'd while a mob was mid-cast. That's what it feels like here, even though you vanish it treats the mob as though it's still hitting you causing you to re-engage.

While I've been having this problem left and right though Sin/Shadow friends of mine claim they've never had that problem. I've tried multiple ways as well such as putting companion in passive and running far away, still at random a mob will stay agro'd but reset.

Another way to fix this usually is by activating a medpack which pulls you out of stealth.

Edited by tXHereticXt