New Trooper Resource Mechanic Sloppily Implemented

Dionius

Haven't found another post about this, I figure there must be one somewhere but I'll just start a new thread.

Honestly, the conversion of Trooper resource management for 2.0 has to be the single laziest, sloppiest conversion I've ever seen. I mean, fantastic, we're now running on the same 100 point system the other classes are, and yes, this is a good thing, we needed this change. But if you're going to do that, is it really so difficult to update the damn resource bar along with it?

So now, not only does Trooper not have a numeric indicator on their bar of how many cells are left like every single other class does, we're left with just a bar with a 12 cell graphic still on it. Why a 12 cell graphic for a 100 cell system? They don't even divide directly, you drop down to the next regen level just -before- 4 of the cells on the graphic are gone.

Honestly, Bioware, this is just inexcusable laziness on your part. It still leaves troopers at a disadvantage because whereas every single other class has some indicator of where their resources lie, we're left guessing and making rough estimates based on how much of a picture is left. Please get it sorted. It'd take about 5 minutes for someone to copy/paste the code for the Smuggler or Imp Agent resource bar and check there's no conflicts.

(I'd have made the post sooner but I only just started playing my Trooper again)

What the hell are you talking about? The 100% resource system fixed huge differences between the Merc/Powertech and Commando/Vanguards. They are on par now, finally. I NEVER have problems maintaining ammunition now and I don't have much alacrity in my gear, if any.

I believe you missed the point of my post and didn't read it properly. I said the 100 ammo cells thing was a good thing. I said the UI hasn't been changed to compensate for that and that is a -bad- thing.

ERRRRMAHGERD QQ UI RAGE

who cares? the system works now and troopers are more viable than ever so what if the UI dosnt change at exactly the proper ratio... holy crap i hope ur coffee is exactly at 94 degrees and not 97 when the water boils otherwise looks like the kettle company is getting a lawyers letter from you today... find something worthwhile to complain about really

It's a problem. You may not consider it significant. But it's a problem. Tbh, I don't really know why I brought this onto the forums, they say feedback should go here but it's always a waste of time posting here. "ERMAGERD THIS IS A PROBLEM? THIS IS TINY PROBLEM!" It's a problem. It's a problem and it's an easy fix, too. Unless you're going to contradict the point, stop being an ***.

It doesn't actually affect anything about a Trooper's effectiveness, but I do certainly agree that it's annoying since it's impossible to accurately tell whether you're close to dropping out of the max regen bracket at this point.

I'd report it as a bug in-game, honestly (more people should to get this fixed). Part of me thinks Bioware just, um, forgot to change the bar when they changed the resource system to 100pts.

Edited by ezrafetch

Yeah, good advice, I will put it in as a bug, though I don't strictly speaking think it -is- one, it's probably just an oversight as you said. I was just disproportionately angry enough about it at the time to post on here.

Tbh I practice enough to know exactly what full regen looks like in cells.

Which incidentally is a notably larger sector than it used to be in 12 ammo.

Messing with it would do nothing for me except possibly distract for a week til I again recalibrate to the new system.

Edited by Gyronamics

Well, to be fair if you've ever played an Agent or Smuggler you already know exactly what the system looks like, because it's essentially identical to them now, only the graphic is different.

• 1 month later...
It doesn't actually affect anything about a Trooper's effectiveness, but I do certainly agree that it's annoying since it's impossible to accurately tell whether you're close to dropping out of the max regen bracket at this point.

You're contradicting yourself. Either it has no affect or it makes it so you can't tell you're about to lower your regen. You can't have it both ways.

I'd report it as a bug in-game, honestly (more people should to get this fixed). Part of me thinks Bioware just, um, forgot to change the bar when they changed the resource system to 100pts.

It won't help. There are bugs I've been reporting since beta that are still around, some of which are typos that would take literally 10 seconds to fix.

Edited by Lachryphage

... holy crap i hope ur coffee is exactly at 94 degrees and not 97 when the water boils ...

This made me smile.

BUT... Let's just take this a little further shall we?

What the OP is talking about is that every other class gets a coffee cup with a thermometer on it that shows you the exact tempreture in degrees (be it 20º, 55º, 94º, whatever). Troopers also get coffee cup with a thermometer on it, BUT the Trooper's thermometer doesn't show the exact tempreture: it has a gradient scale that goes from green to yellow to red with a little black line that tells the Trooper that he is "somewhere" in the green/yellow/red area.

This is a problem. Sure, you get used to it. But it is a problem and it needs to be corrected.