so do subbers get a single free name change?

lord-durpp

Yeah.. it did not make it into the patch.

If you are anxious to rename and cannot wait.. see if you can buy the name change token off the GTN rather then paying 1000 coins for it IMO.

How is it in any way shape or form good business sense to offer your subscribers a free item then pull it at the last minute because of an undisclosed "bug" but still put the paid version on the Cartel Market.

This is going to bite them in the rear and the forums are going to blow up again when all the subscribers are eventually given the free one and many have already paid for it. Either because they were impatient or they did not know a free name change token was coming, not everyone comes on the forums, social media they just play the game.

They should have held off putting the paid version on the Market till they worked out whatever the hell it is that is holding up the subscribers one. Yeah they definitely put subscribers first.

Bioware continue to make bad decisions and miscommunications to their player base.

Edited by DarthBrundleFLY

Wait, it's just 1 now, not 1 monthly? Could they please live up to something a Dev said at some point?

It was never 1 monthly.... ever. Originally they said it was 1 name change, 1 legacy name change, and a guild name change. But they almost immediate said that was a error and said it was only 1 character name change only.

But never was it said 1 monthly.

How is it in any way shape or form good business sense to offer your subscribers a free item then pull it at the last minute because of an undisclosed "bug" but still put the paid version on the Cartel Market.
How it is in any way shape or form good COMMON sense to NOT pull something at the last minute that isn't working right and could cause serious problems even though something else with a similar function may be working just fine.

Stop trying to play the victim.

They pulled it for a reason.

The world isn't gonna come to an end just because you didn't get your little free thing in a timely manner.

How it is in any way shape or form good COMMON sense to NOT pull something at the last minute that isn't working right and could cause serious problems even though something else with a similar function may be working just fine.

Stop trying to play the victim.

They pulled it for a reason.

The world isn't gonna come to an end just because you didn't get your little free thing in a timely manner.

You are an idiot then and completely missed the point of my post...I NEVER said it was bad practice for them to remove something that is bugged or glitched I said it was bad to remove the free one due to the glitch, BUT still go ahead with the paid one. Both should have been held off on till they fixed the free one.

I am in NO way impatient for it as I am on an APAC server which is soon (well Biowares version of soon) to be shut down and we are getting a free transfer back to a west coast server. I will probably then loose all my 8 character names so one free one isn't really going to be any good for me.

But keep defending all the indefensible things this company does...

You are an idiot then and completely missed the point of my post...I NEVER said it was bad practice for them to remove something that is bugged or glitched I said it was bad to remove the free one due to the glitch, BUT still go ahead with the paid one. Both should have been held off on till they fixed the free one.
No, I think the idiot would be the one that insists that "since I can't have mine, you shouldn't be able to have yours."

It was never 1 monthly.... ever. Originally they said it was 1 name change, 1 legacy name change, and a guild name change. But they almost immediate said that was a error and said it was only 1 character name change only.

But never was it said 1 monthly.

Actually, I believe the 'once monthly' was bandied around during the F2P switch. I recall seeing someone post something that officially confirmed it, though I can't recall what that was.

No, I think the idiot would be the one that insists that "since I can't have mine, you shouldn't be able to have yours."

To be fair, Bioware should have learned by now not to advertise things if they weren't sure that they were going to be in the game in the patch that they said they'd be in *cough Ranked Warzones cough*.

So you are just a TROLL then, as you once again picked one bit from my post twisted it so you could spout your BS.

Crawl back under your bridge...or maybe get your mommy to read what I posted and you might get a clue!

So you are just a TROLL then, as you once again picked one bit from my post twisted it so you could spout your BS.

Crawl back under your bridge...or maybe get your mommy to read what I posted and you might get a clue!

Oh I read what you posted.

Just more self-entitled garbage from the "I deserve everything" crowd.

This is going to bite them in the rear and the forums are going to blow up again when all the subscribers are eventually given the free one and many have already paid for it. Either because they were impatient or they did not know a free name change token was coming, not everyone comes on the forums, social media they just play the game.

They should have held off putting the paid version on the Market till they worked out whatever the hell it is that is holding up the subscribers one. Yeah they definitely put subscribers first.

Bioware continue to make bad decisions and miscommunications to their player base.

Good point and I have to agree. I'm not interested in using the name change feature but to pull the free one but leaving the paid one ingame will not lead to a happy ending once the free rename is finally released.

im curious as to see if this is true. Is it?

hello :)

It was meant to be there , yes.

** Strangely ** enough it didn't make it through.

But this has nothing to do with milking the people who want it all and NOW , and didn't want to wait for this " bug " to be resolved ( IF it ever will be solved ) , and dropped their coins for the name change. :)

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri