Fixing Shadow Tank Spikiness

Kitru

If they are in to sweets thanks to the culinary school, we can send them a box full of skittles with a note :

Red ones are the damage output that a shadow have, blue ones/Purple ones damage done by a Guardian, Yellow ones Damage endured and mitigation for a Shadow tank, Green ones Guardian Damage endured. where 1 skittle = 100 damage dealt/endured.

And maybe we can have all this skittles inside small Jars so they can pair them up.

If they don't get it that way, at least they can eat the skittles :D

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently lost my off tank for the nightmare team I lead named "Doc's Ops." So I figured I'd toss that out here.

So in other words I need me an off tank. Powertech would be amazing but I would settle for an assassin.

Would settle for a shadow...... :(

So, based upon this post, we can expect to see 2.4 hit the PTS this Friday. Hopefully, we'll see some class balance changes. If not, I can guarantee that I'm going to be more than a bit pissed since we've given them *more* than enough time to do their investigation, analysis, and implementation, at least enough to be tested on the PTS.

So, based upon this post, we can expect to see 2.4 hit the PTS this Friday. Hopefully, we'll see some class balance changes. If not, I can guarantee that I'm going to be more than a bit pissed since we've given them *more* than enough time to do their investigation, analysis, and implementation, at least enough to be tested on the PTS.

On, a whim I decided to see if there was any class balance changes. It looks like most classes received 1-2 minor ability tweaks, tooltip fixes, or clarifications. The data is still a little garbled up with some npc abilities, so I can't tell you exactly what they all are though. Something was definitely done to Smash/Force Sweep and the Singularity buff though.

There seem to be some changes, but Friday may be just for the 4v4.

Yes! Buff warriors/knights and others need a nerf especially KC, cause this tree can kill 2 noobs maraders in rage pre 1.3. And now need a nerf, cause this tree can kill 2 noobs snipers.

My suggestion nerf KC always, every patch as is done. And kids will be happy.:sul_angel:

I've unsubed month ago but i have about 60-70 days. If nothing changes with PvP and class balance i'll quit to another project. I'm tired to see all this..............

Edited by helpmewin

There seem to be some changes, but Friday may be just for the 4v4.

Any bets on Resilience being one of the tooltip changes? I'm expecting it to be something like "Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth. Does not ignore 5% hit chance."

....Maybe the best idea for the «3 questions» is to simply say that Shadow community is refusing to ask Devs of anything.

Just say we would ask the devs to devote the time they would spend answering our questions to fixing the problems they already said they are addressing seven weeks ago.

Edited by Doulo

....Maybe the best idea for the «3 questions» is to simply say that Shadow community is refusing to ask Devs of anything.

I think the one question I'll ask is just "So, will the devs *ever* start playing Shadows, or will they just continue to ignore them for eternity?"

If I weren't the class rep now, I'd be saying "**** it" and quitting the game. Seriously, it's like the devs are specifically *choosing* to ignore anything that Shadows might bring up.

Edited by Kitru

Proof that the devs don't play Shadows but that they play VG/PT. Gotta love it.

This is just getting friggin' stupid.

Lovely… ***, Bioware? Tactics/Advanced Prototype got significantly buffed, which is nice (and needed), but they were no where near as far behind as either Shadow spec in average hands. And then, of course, there's the whole tanking issue.

The one thing we can cling to though is the cooldown changes to Phase Walk, which are very welcome. Not enough to make the ability particularly compelling, but at least we have some control over it now.

Lovely… ***, Bioware?.

This is just getting friggin' stupid.

Yeah, I was most pleased when I saw the vanguard updates...then surprised, but not really, that Shadows only received a phaswalk buff. It's beyond time for a real answer for the state of Shadow tanks. I hope they give it to you a real answer when you ask your three questions @ Kitru.

I hope they give it to you a real answer when you ask your three questions @ Kitru.

In November, when they do the Austin M&G, I can *guarantee* they're going to get an earful from me, regardless of how they answer the 3 questions I get to ask in a month.

9" Cheesecake delivered to Bioware ~ $85

36 Cake Balls ~$75

Ideas for the message

Where's the love? -Shadows and Assassins (with Red Velvet cake?)

What do you hate us? -Shadows and Assassins

Thanks for Sh***ing on Shadows -Guardian Tanks (Chocolate Cake Balls)

Lovely… ***, Bioware? Tactics/Advanced Prototype got significantly buffed, which is nice (and needed), but they were no where near as far behind as either Shadow spec in average hands. And then, of course, there's the whole tanking issue.

This part is what absolutely baffles me. I'm sitting here not even mad, but just absolutely dumbfounded.

Haha. Believe it or not, speaking for the Guardian community, over all we want Shadows to do well. Having a raid with two Guardians is not fun or ideal. I always enjoy having a Shadow tank along side me in raids. We do better as a tanking community when all tanks function well.

Most tanks, including myself, have an alt tank vanguard/guardian/shadow. I have a Shadow tank alt myself.

Edited by Dragonexadon

This part is what absolutely baffles me. I'm sitting here not even mad, but just absolutely dumbfounded.

Have you noticed that, while the PTS forums are up, new threads aren't being allowed, even when the devs *did* think that players would be able to get on? I think the community team is *seriously* afraid of the hell that will rain down upon them from the Shad/Sin community.

In November, when they do the Austin M&G, I can *guarantee* they're going to get an earful from me, regardless of how they answer the 3 questions I get to ask in a month.

Please document this. I'd like to hear their justifications.

BW managed a nice little double whammy for me with that VG change, since I can't understand why the change to Cell Generator for Tactics VG wasn't doubled for Cell Charger in Gunnery Commando.

Why do you continue to crap on the classes I care the most about BW? Why?

Why do you continue to crap on the classes I care the most about BW? Why?

My *guess*, right now, is that those aren't the only class changes they'll be implementing. Since 2.4 is months away, the only reason I can fathom why they'd only do *this little* is because those are the only changes that they've actually been able to figure out (because, you know, it's not like we Shadows haven't done *all of their goddamned work for 'em*), and they plan on tossing out other class changes later on during testing.

Of course, this begs the question of *why the ***** the devs only have this little to implement when they've had 4 months of being told everything they could possibly need to know about numerous other ACs. I swear, it's like the devs have no *********** clue what they're doing, and they just don't give a **** about the ****** job that they happen to be doing.

9" Cheesecake delivered to Bioware ~ $85

36 Cake Balls ~$75

Ideas for the message

Where's the love? -Shadows and Assassins (with Red Velvet cake?)

What do you hate us? -Shadows and Assassins

Option #3.

What happens to my gear/credits/etc when I unsub? If I come back, will all my 72/purple stuff be there? I am done with this ****. It is so obvious that these guys are straight up incompetent, or vindictive- Either one doesn't bode well for anyone waiting for a change.

Please post if you do the cake thing- I want in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.