Seeker Droid Treasure..eh?

PhantomAxe

Getting slightly annoyed now.

1/ I'm fed up with finding Dreadseed Gear now, have about 7 full sets! Problem is, while searching for Speeder parts, which is hard enough, I find another piece of Dreadseed and kill the area, I Don't Want It!!!!

Its gotten to the point where I'm just chucking it out of my inventory with the rest of the junk!!!

2/ Twice I've found Purple Secure Chests which killed the area, each contained 4x Nanite Threaded Cloth, ....EH? That's Treasure? And to confuse things even more, when checking on GTN, the Nanite Threaded Cloth there has a different icon, both are the same grade 9 crafting material, is this a bug? Cause those are worth exactly Jack!, at least put a Treasure there worth the hours and hours of searching.

Regretfully its the Treasure Hunting that pulled my interest back to TOR, but that has been a disappointment! :(

I recommend running with an alt with the heroic final quest not done so you dont get any star forger/Dreadseed pieces.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought you have to complete the heroic in order to receive the Seeker Droid.

You can still search for treasure without having the seeker droid "ability" learned. Before the heroic it is a mission item...after the heroic it's a learned ability. Just have to have the seeker droid quest to search for treasure.

Getting slightly annoyed now.

1/ I'm fed up with finding Dreadseed Gear now, have about 7 full sets! Problem is, while searching for Speeder parts, which is hard enough, I find another piece of Dreadseed and kill the area, I Don't Want It!!!!

Its gotten to the point where I'm just chucking it out of my inventory with the rest of the junk!!!

2/ Twice I've found Purple Secure Chests which killed the area, each contained 4x Nanite Threaded Cloth, ....EH? That's Treasure? And to confuse things even more, when checking on GTN, the Nanite Threaded Cloth there has a different icon, both are the same grade 9 crafting material, is this a bug? Cause those are worth exactly Jack!, at least put a Treasure there worth the hours and hours of searching.

Regretfully its the Treasure Hunting that pulled my interest back to TOR, but that has been a disappointment! :(

As others have suggested there are different ways to influence the drop table for what you get. Having said that, I agree with you. Initially I was enthusiastic and looking forward to doing something different that just doing the regular dailies. At this point though, I have a hard time finding the motivation to want to go treasure hunting with my seeker droid. You spend vast amounts of time picking up stuff that 99% of the time will just be vendored.

I don't know if it's the loot tables, the drop rate or what not. I'm just no longer willing to invest the amount of time required by this activity versus the reward. Much more interesting things to do in game than this.

I wish that finding a particular piece of the armor would remove or reduce it's chance of dropping. I have about 15 Star Forager belts from Hoth now and no boots.

I hate hoth with passion, 10 belts here. Made me quit farming boots.

Edited by Overmannus

So you're upset that a rare item is.....rare?

I'm glad this is rare, that way no one has it. I wish there were more things like this in the game. Even more rare speeders, world bosses, drops etc.... It brings a WHOLE new aspect to the MMO...

P.S.

Best of luck in finding your speeder parts!

Having found all the exploiter and explorer parts, i have to say, there are some wonky things about the treasure hunt.

#1: Green shells are not interesting. not in the slightest bit. IF the blue shells I find aren't interesting, why on earth would the green ones be? Add companion gifts to this list...

#2: Craftable mods and enhancements are not interesting or special. IT's pretty ridiculous that an area gets depleted due to a purple grade 28 enhancement.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

I too have got to many rare chests with 4x Nanite Threaded Cloth in them . Farming on tatooine 6 gloves 4 or so rare chests with cloth 1 speeder part and finally got my helm. At least make the rare drop be something more then cloth or remove it from the loot table.

So you're upset that a rare item is.....rare?

Read my thread, its nothing to do with things that are rare, its to do with "Treasure" which is not rare which kills off an area. There is no switch off point for the armor and the Nanite Threaded Cloth isn't even worth blowing my nose with. At this stage I'd rather not find any treasures. I don't mind seeking all day, but if the treasure is going to kill off an area, it should at least be a "Treasure"!!

And has anybody else had 2 different icons for the cloth, it seems the cloth on gtn has a different icon to the treasure cloth, Is This A Bug????

Read my thread, its nothing to do with things that are rare, its to do with "Treasure" which is not rare which kills off an area. There is no switch off point for the armor and the Nanite Threaded Cloth isn't even worth blowing my nose with. At this stage I'd rather not find any treasures. I don't mind seeking all day, but if the treasure is going to kill off an area, it should at least be a "Treasure"!!

Ok ok, I'll give you my secret : am doing it in the lava area on Hoth that is in the crystal place : it seems this place is harder to get to find the final treasure and is the place where I got most my vehicle parts... Or maybe I got a string of luck but I got 3/4th of my vehicle pieces there and that's while looking to complete the dreadseed and forager sets on 2 different toons so I was going to all the planets and treasure areas on those planets...

And has anybody else had 2 different icons for the cloth, it seems the cloth on gtn has a different icon to the treasure cloth, Is This A Bug????

Yes, and also on the blue quality cloth in crates that don't kill the area.

Edited by Shoogli