Undying Rage needs 3 minute cooldown

Owynyo

As it stands now marauders not only have the best dps (especially on Novare and Voidstar) no, they also have the best defensive cooldowns. Paired with Cloak of pain, Saber ward and Force camouflage, Undying Rage becomes incredibly powerful because it only has a 1 minute cooldown (note: Only in Rage spec, which is the standard spec), which is nothing.

With healers being incredibly strong right now, it's very hard to kill a marauder in a ranked game.

That many defensive cooldowns and high dps AND group utility (Bloodthirst and Predation) are just insane.

When will this class finally be hit by the nerf bat?

Edited by Owynyo

We were hit with the nerf bat. They took a second away from UR before finally giving it back in 2.0. We've also had slight nerfs here and there to damage across all specs. Quit QQing. Just because a marauder has a healer behind them doesn't mean they should be nerfed. Any dps is hard to kill with a pocket healer.

Any dps is hard to kill with a pocket healer.

I think this is what we all need to take home from this argument. Marauder defensive cooldowns are really good, but pretty much anything's defensive cooldowns are going to look frustrating when there's a talented healer backing them up.

As it stands now marauders not only have the best dps (especially on Novare and Voidstar) no, they also have the best defensive cooldowns. Paired with Cloak of pain, Saber ward and Force camouflage, Undying Rage becomes incredibly powerful because it only has a 1 minute cooldown (note: Only in Rage spec, which is the standard spec), which is nothing.

With healers being incredibly strong right now, it's very hard to kill a marauder in a ranked game.

That many defensive cooldowns and high dps AND group utility (Bloodthirst and Predation) are just insane.

maras are not op in the bit..from my experience a good deception sin will beat a mara or sent in a 1vs 1 situation no matter what spec they run..of course with pocket healer any dps is hard to kill..i have a sin beating down maras and sents are very easy..maras and sents are not op stop complaining and learn how to deal with them cause they are easy to beat..

i loved how they nerfed undying rage for pvp then gave it back to the pvp crew leaving the pve team with a nerfed move. Logic.

Yeah it's broken logic at its best.

To the guy that doesn't get it... it got nerfed because of pvp, and in the process pve maras took the hit. Now, through a stroke of genius, pvp maras get it unnerfed, while the pve maras still stay at 4s... completely the opposite of what should have happened.

People who QQ about Undying Rage needing a 3 minute cooldown would continue to QQ even if they got what they wanted.

I know this because these same derpy DPS will QQ about Force Barrier even though it HAS a 3 minute cooldown...

Yeah... no. I'm not just some derpy DPS. Having 2 Maras on the enemy team who jump on your healers is incredibly hard to counter. The 1min Undying Rage CD is just way too short.

Most people fail to see the strength of a mara in a ranked mid battle scenario.

Any dps is hard to kill with a pocket healer.

I don't care about regular warzones. It's the ranked games that count and maras are the hardest class to kill.

1st time @low hp: Undying Rage - healed up to 100% immediately

2nd time @low hp: Force Camouflage: drops target - healed up to 100%

3rd time: Undying Rage is ready again, if not - saber ward.

Name one other class who has that many reliable cooldowns. AND the group utility a mara has (Dmg buff + Predation)

Yeah... no. I'm not just some derpy DPS. Having 2 Maras on the enemy team who jump on your healers is incredibly hard to counter. The 1min Undying Rage CD is just way too short.

Most people fail to see the strength of a mara in a ranked mid battle scenario.

There's a pattern here. The same thing that's happening in all those healer-rant threads.

You don't have to kill anyone to counter him.

Sure, killing is the most direct approach, but when that's not an option, there are about zillion ways to keep someone off your healer, as well as about the same amount of ways to neuter enemy healers to 0 efficiency, so that they can heal all they want, except none of those heals are going outward to their teammates - only to themselves in order to survive.

So, sorry, but no. The "we need to nerf UDR/GBF to save the healers" simply doesn't make any sense.

Mara/sents were a hot OP-topic back in 1.5 through 1.6 -- compared to those days, they are relatively much more balanced now. Even back then, we still had ways to deal with the mara/sents as they were, in their shining glory days.

Perhaps you should learn some of those ways, before complaining about how UDR/GBF is OP. All you need to do is ask, listen, and then practice, instead of complain.

Edited by kweassa

So, sorry, but no. The "we need to nerf UDR/GBF to save the healers" is simply doesn't make any sense.

Read all my posts in this thread please, before you just write something insulting to someone you don't know.

It's not about them killing our healers or me wanting to prevent them from doing it.

It's about killing a target. If you compare all classes, the marauder is BY FAR the hardest to kill. That's what it's about.

Fighting against an enemy team on an alderaan node and they have 2 maras? Tough time...

Edited by Owynyo

Smashers get undying on a 45 second cooldown for 5 sec duration which costs only 25% of current HP. Some aren't even using it at low HP, just any time to mitigate incoming burst. OP must be even more mad now.

The buff to the Rage tree was completely unnecessary, I know because I mained a rage marauder for months. I never felt like 4s was too short for UR. Having it back to 5s and only take 25% health... well...

eff it, I unsubbed, good luck defending unbalance.

Have I gone back in time again?

To the guy that doesn't get it... it got nerfed because of pvp, and in the process pve maras took the hit. Now, through a stroke of genius, pvp maras get it unnerfed, while the pve maras still stay at 4s... completely the opposite of what should have happened.

Why not just get the PvP set bonus? I have to do PvE for set bonuses on certain classes.

Nerf defensive cooldowns, give a 4sec stun for marauders, fixed.

No stun = high burst + defensive cooldowns = balance.

The buff to the Rage tree was completely unnecessary, I know because I mained a rage marauder for months. I never felt like 4s was too short for UR. Having it back to 5s and only take 25% health... well...

eff it, I unsubbed, good luck defending unbalance.

Good thing they buffed most of the other classes even more.

Why the hell do you need it in PvE? It's 50x more important in PvP than PvE, of course they have the set bonus for it in PvP gear.

Why the hell do you need it in PvE? It's 50x more important in PvP than PvE, of course they have the set bonus for it in PvP gear.

Oh man please...

PVP nerfs really screw some classes in PVE. I hate the whinners so much because BW nerfed marauder self-heals and 1 sec in PVE is very important.

People whinning about Powertechs, look what is the class in PVE in 2.0... A crap dps class for PVE now, why? Because of the pvp whinners.