Shadow crits

OpeningToEndgame

I was under the impression that a Shadow had to be behind a target to do massive damage? I was hit in PvP just now for 7836 while he was in front of me. No lag. What's the deal?

In general the definition of "behind" vs aggro is much more broad than one would imagine in this game; again I would say that's one of the things that's pretty buggy in Swtor. Example, if you're the shadow (or the much cooler Sith Assassin), sometimes you will be right square behind a mofo, and the game mechanics still want you to strafe left or right before it will let you activate your move. So it works both ways.

Edited by Comfterbilly

A double power proc breach can hit 8k occasionally, 5-6k projects regular with potency plus upheaval. Yeah, we don't need your back. 4-5k FiB attack for 30m. Maybe an execute, or a shadow strike from an angle. A good decent shadow spec can hurt you from anywhere really.

A double power proc breach can hit 8k occasionally, 5-6k projects regular with potency plus upheaval. Yeah, we don't need your back. 4-5k FiB attack for 30m. Maybe an execute, or a shadow strike from an angle. A good decent shadow spec can hurt you from anywhere really.

This. We can mess you up in so many ways. :D

Shock can do nearly 12k in one global with crit luck: 5k on the initial hit, 2.5k on the extra proc and 5k on two 2.5k surging charge crits if he has popped overcharge saber and 2 stacks of voltaic slash.

Of course, the odds of critting all 4 of these even with recklessness up is pretty low. If you assume shock crits 100% of the time (which it doesnt) you're looking at a 4% chance to get both surging charges to crit. This is all in one global.

If you're certain it was only 1 hit though, the only moves it could be are maul, assassinate...well that's pretty much it.

And I'm pretty sure a darkness frontal maul can crit for 8k with the right buffs/debuffs.

Also, "behind" in the case of maul can mean directly to either side of you as long as he is in the 180 degrees of your backwards direction.

Edited by JP_Legatus