The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Scream

YaiiE

I was curious about this attack... Does the energy of the attack actually come from screaming or does it come from your hands? Has it been in any of the movies/cartoons? From what I've read it was in at least one other game.

When you cast the ability your toon pulls his hands in together and then throws them down while screaming... And a ball of energy fly's forward.

Is that energy actually coming from the scream?

I always assumed with the arm animation pulling upward and down (that was where the attack came from) and the "scream" was a cool audible effect to add.

I was curious about this attack... Does the energy of the attack actually come from screaming or does it come from your hands? Has it been in any of the movies/cartoons?

When Darth Sidious attacks Mace Windu and company during the "arrest" scene in ROTS, he lets out a Force Scream right after he says, "It's treason, then....." Its because of that Force Scream that Masters Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar were dispatched by Sidious so quickly. They were stunned. There is no other explanation for how one of the greatest swordsmen of the order(Master Tiin) could die without even a chance to defend himself.

Check it out right around the 0:30 mark here.

Edited by DarknessInLight

When you cast the ability your toon pulls his hands in together and then throws them down while screaming. I always assumed with the arm animation pulling upward and down (that was where the attack came from) and the "scream" was a cool audible effect to add.

Some people gesticulate quite a lot with their hands even when speaking normally. And ofc, when releasing a great scream of rage, grief or whatever drama demands you move your hands and strike a pose.