Carnage or Rage or Anni

sakica

depends.

Carnage and Annihilation both have their strong points.

Longer sustained fights where you have more uptime on the boss = Annihilation (bleed damage)

If you have to move a lot, of run out to avoid stuff = Carnage (bursty damage)

And to AOE trash = Rage or Carnage.

I myself prefer to stay Annihilation since I know it the best.

Oh, and to run around and do daily's on Makeb = Rage is killer. send in Jaesa,mobs flock to her...then you just force leap +Smash.

Dead mobs almost every time with 2 button presses ;)

Edited by Thundergulch

Anni is still fun in pugs for pvp tbh. Main disadvantage is fighting good healers but this is about pve..

Carnage or anni are both good dps, Anni is probably easier to play since carnage is very chaotic and on the fly now while anni has a more steady rotation.

Edited by AngusFTW

Idk why no one talks about rage. I use it in PvP and get amazing results.

Obliterate even lets you jump to gunslingers while in cover.

Free force screams, one of our hardest hitting attacks, after jumps and obliterate.

Smash is devastating in this tree.

General abilities for straight up damage is increased.

I find it's all nice to bleed people out with annihilation or get a few extra hits in with carnage, but when you want to see someone die while you are still alive, I like rage.

Idk why no one talks about rage. I use it in PvP and get amazing results.

Obliterate even lets you jump to gunslingers while in cover.

Free force screams, one of our hardest hitting attacks, after jumps and obliterate.

Smash is devastating in this tree.

General abilities for straight up damage is increased.

I find it's all nice to bleed people out with annihilation or get a few extra hits in with carnage, but when you want to see someone die while you are still alive, I like rage.

Because the op asked what the best spec was for pve. Not pvp. And rage is the worst pve spec.

Rage is indeed the best pvp spec, by a mile, but pvp was not what the op was asking about.

Edited by LegendaryQuan

Because the op asked what the best spec was for pve. Not pvp. And rage is the worst pve spec.

Rage is indeed the best pvp spec, by a mile, but pvp was not what the op was asking about.

I have no idea what your talking about with Rage being useless in PvE. I wipe the floor in Flashpoints on my 42 Rage Marauder. I chain out ungodly amounts of DPS on him.

No

its dependent on the warzone you are playing

for example carnage surpasses rage in huttball anyday, whereas rage might be better in voidstar.

All 3 specs are viable for PvE.

Rage for dailies. No other spec in the entire game will clear trash MOBs faster than Rage. Period.

Annihilation is best for group content, like raids and higher level flashpoints where there's bosses and higher HP MOBs to clear. It's hard to beat the group utility/heals for this. Carnage is good for solo play or duos. It pumps out so much damage on single targets, but a lot of your rotation can be wasted on the lower HP stuff.

My personal opinion is that every Marauder player should pay for the field respec perk so that you can switch up your spec depending on what you're doing.

lol

When someone says "best spec for pve" they are usually not referring to whats good at level 42 or for dailies. These things are beyond irrelevant and regardless of where you put your points you will blow through everything.

Best pve spec would generally refer to endgame pve content, mainly hm ops. Both anni and carnage are very strong in end game pve content. Rage parses considerably lower on operation bosses. Operation bosses are the only thing in the game that requires a high dps parse.

The spec that is your favorite to play is the best spec for you in all other pve content in the game as it doesnt matter what you use. If the op wants to be the greatest help to an end game raiding guild he will play carnage or anni (should actually learn both and field respec between them depending on the boss). Rage will parse lower on any content in the game right now that requires high dps.

And rage is unarguably, by far the best pvp spec on every map besides huttball, while annhilation is near unviable right now. (unless you just want to have fun and dont care about your impact in a game. play whatever you like to play. its a video game...)

lol

When someone says "best spec for pve" they are usually not referring to whats good at level 42 or for dailies. These things are beyond irrelevant and regardless of where you put your points you will blow through everything.

Best pve spec would generally refer to endgame pve content, mainly hm ops. Both anni and carnage are very strong in end game pve content. Rage parses considerably lower on operation bosses. Operation bosses are the only thing in the game that requires a high dps parse.

The spec that is your favorite to play is the best spec for you in all other pve content in the game as it doesnt matter what you use. If the op wants to be the greatest help to an end game raiding guild he will play carnage or anni (should actually learn both and field respec between them depending on the boss). Rage will parse lower on any content in the game right now that requires high dps.

And rage is unarguably, by far the best pvp spec on every map besides huttball, while annhilation is near unviable right now. (unless you just want to have fun and dont care about your impact in a game. play whatever you like to play. its a video game...)

Pretty much the above. I will just add for leveling annihilation is much better till mid 40s where other trees reach top tier skill. After wards its rage, but all specs are very close at that point.