Expertise Vs Main Stat

NOmakTXG

Help for a bit of confused player please, I just leveled my marauder to 55 and have all the coms etc to start getting my partizan gear. However before reaching 55 I spent a fortune on level 66 gear when he got to Rank 53. Would it be better keeping this gear and forgoing getting all the new 63 (partizan) gear and with it losing a little expertise with it. As at the moment in warzones I seem to get 1850 expertise as part of the bolster system.

Thanks for any help help

NOmak

get a partisan and conqueror relic, and 4 armorpieces of partisan that you will upgrade to conquerer as soon a s possible for the setbonus. everything else is wasted as you will be boosted to expertise values around 1950 with that equip.

Expertise > everything in PvP. Get a set of PvP gear, and keep your 66s for PvE content.

not entirely true, for loosing 2 points of expertise each while useing crafted purple implants you gain 50points of stats, you wont notice the loss in expertise but the gain in stats is noticable 5% more surge etc...

get a partisan and conqueror relic, and 4 armorpieces of partisan that you will upgrade to conquerer as soon a s possible for the setbonus. everything else is wasted as you will be boosted to expertise values around 1950 with that equip.

hmmm...can't seem to get it to 1950 exp. Only to about 1710. Are you using augments?

not entirely true, for loosing 2 points of expertise each while useing crafted purple implants you gain 50points of stats, you wont notice the loss in expertise but the gain in stats is noticable 5% more surge etc...

The purple implants are rating 152, which is still lower than Conqueror (154). The pros for using crafted are:

1. They're probably easier to get than Conqueror (just need money or can craft them yourself).

2. They're actually better than Partisan in rating (150) while giving up minimal expertise (~2).

3. They've very specialized offensive stats that are difficult to obtain from any other piece of gear.

The cons for using crafted are:

1. They have very low endurance for their item rating (this is where you're getting the extra offense from).

• 3 weeks later...

Add another question to this thread.

With enough crafters at 450, my alt has gear with all 66 purple.

Shopping for PVP gear, it gives me the expertise, but all of the other stats are lowered.

Am I better off not having the expertise.

Once again, LOL Bolster

if and when bolster works as intended, the following is what I make of a slew of dev comments:

• expertise > main stat
  • expertise does not suffer from DR curve
  • main stat DR curve is arguably noticeable at ~2.4k but is DEFINITELY noticeable 2.8k and up. since it's possible to get ~3.1k main stat, you really do have to find ways to shave off main stat, usually for power
  • power continues to not be affected by DR at all.

bottom line:

• if you're over 2.8k main stat, you should shave that down. you're not getting help on crit. it's just a weaker version of power.
  • if you can pick up 20-40 main stat at the cost of 2 expertise, then do it. you shouldn't be able to do this, but bolster is apparently too complex for its own makers to properly control.

Add another question to this thread.

With enough crafters at 450, my alt has gear with all 66 purple.

Shopping for PVP gear, it gives me the expertise, but all of the other stats are lowered.

Am I better off not having the expertise.

how much expertise do you have? if it's ~1500, then that's far too low for any amount of other stats. if you can be at 2000 expertise (max is 2018), then I'd say keep the pve stuff. however, in order to get that much expertise, you need to play tricks with the system, such as wearing purple lvl 54 crafted gear that was RE'd from greens and treated by bolster as if they are still greens (you'll still want to make sure you RE/craft the correct version of said item).

He should be at about 1700ish expertise in full 66 PvEs. The 58 set would actually give him more expertise (1900-1975ish).

But yea, just get partisan with PvE crafted ear and implants. Easiest/fastest setup that's efficient.

how much expertise do you have? if it's ~1500, then that's far too low for any amount of other stats. if you can be at 2000 expertise (max is 2018), then I'd say keep the pve stuff. however, in order to get that much expertise, you need to play tricks with the system, such as wearing purple lvl 54 crafted gear ).

Not true at all.

Wearing Partisan or Conqueror gear in all slots gives you a total of 2018 expertise.

Not true at all.

Wearing Partisan or Conqueror gear in all slots gives you a total of 2018 expertise.

You can get to 2000EXP with 8 Conq pieces....

2 relics

MH

Belt

Bracer

Hands

Legs

Boots

The use BH/Camp gear and/or crafted 54 purples for better stat location...

Profit..

how much expertise do you have? if it's ~1500, then that's far too low for any amount of other stats. if you can be at 2000 expertise (max is 2018), then I'd say keep the pve stuff. however, in order to get that much expertise, you need to play tricks with the system, such as wearing purple lvl 54 crafted gear that was RE'd from greens and treated by bolster as if they are still greens (you'll still want to make sure you RE/craft the correct version of said item).

just to be clear, the question isn't "what is your expertise" it is "what is your expertise in WZ after LOL Bolster". In 1.7 expertise had DMR and we knew the formula. In 2.0 they told us "expertise is now linear" but that is not true for WZ since bolster applies. You can't draw a curve for bolstered expertise because we can't make 12 dimensional graphs.

just to be clear, the question isn't "what is your expertise" it is "what is your expertise in WZ after LOL Bolster". In 1.7 expertise had DMR and we knew the formula. In 2.0 they told us "expertise is now linear" but that is not true for WZ since bolster applies. You can't draw a curve for bolstered expertise because we can't make 12 dimensional graphs.

Technically couldnt we say once your fleet EXP is around 950 bolster will take care of the rest?

My Sniper is sitting on 1827 expertise. When I enter a warzone I get bolstered to 2017 expertise (1 off max). I'm using PvE offhand and it works a charm. Though, will probably eventually swap it out for MH.

927>>>>>1993

That's with 7 pieces of PVP gear... That's barely over a .7% difference in damage when compared to max EXP... You might want to drop some EXP..

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying when you say expertise is not linear. the linearity of expertise has nothing to do with bolster. or if it does, you'll need to explain that to me.

I have 5 conq items. (ear, 2 implant, wrist, 1 relic) rest is EWH and Partisan pieces and I'm bolstered to 2018 exp, so go figure.

bear in mind that exp is the same between conqueror and partisan. the only difference is all the other stats. also, partisan and conqueror items (outside of weapons, which I'm unclear about) are not supposed to receive bolster effects to exp. I also didn't think they were supposed to be bolstered in other stats, but then there's the fact that even conqueror is bolstered somehow in order to compete with the 72 pve weapons. since their exp is unchanged, I assume that has to affect their other stats, which is just weird. I would think that if bolster just gave a flat 1500 (or maybe 1700?) tto everybody not already at or above that threshold, things would be fine. pvp armor would be better than pve inside WZ. the attempt to itemize things piece by piece is the cause for all the craziness with lvl 54 bis and so forth. of course, the whole system is silly. recruit gear was a perfectly valid idea. the stats on the previous iterations were simply too weak. I know I'm not alone in thinking this, but either I'm in the minority or BW really is horribad.

bear in mind that exp is the same between conqueror and partisan. the only difference is all the other stats. also, partisan and conqueror items (outside of weapons, which I'm unclear about) are not supposed to receive bolster effects to exp. I also didn't think they were supposed to be bolstered in other stats, but then there's the fact that even conqueror is bolstered somehow in order to compete with the 72 pve weapons. since their exp is unchanged, I assume that has to affect their other stats, which is just weird. I would think that if bolster just gave a flat 1500 (or maybe 1700?) tto everybody not already at or above that threshold, things would be fine. pvp armor would be better than pve inside WZ. the attempt to itemize things piece by piece is the cause for all the craziness with lvl 54 bis and so forth. of course, the whole system is silly. recruit gear was a perfectly valid idea. the stats on the previous iterations were simply too weak. I know I'm not alone in thinking this, but either I'm in the minority or BW really is horribad.

Yup a slightly nerfed partisan with a free MK-9 slot would solve all this madness.....

Doing 7-9-10-11 piece Expertise gear optimizations, has anyone come up with a good idea on which slots to leave as PvE and which as PvP? And if crafted 54 is the only way to go or if 58s or 66s work? (Not like Im not gonna experiment myself)

I'd assume 7 is 2 Relics, 4 armor, 1 belt or Wrist, 9 5 pc armor, wrists & belt, and Relics, and 10/11 is adding in MH/OH?

Its not like the cat isn't out of the bag on using crafted 54s, so it shouldn't exactly be a secret.

Edited by Maelael