Collections: Revan's Mask should be stand-alone

Support, but the one you can buy from the Contraband Collector should count too. Considering that's now the only way to get a new one it seems only fair.

This would be unfair on those who obtained it already though...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off.

NOTHING IN THE REPUTATION VENDOR APPLIES TO COLLECTIONS. Your full Revan set with your reputation mask will not count towards the progress. They are completely different items..

Secondly.

It is impossible to separate Revan's outfit for the cartel market. its a waste of space used for new items. THEY COULD make a new tab of the reputation gear to be in collections, but they can't change the existing set's.

Hey, guys, let me give a little background on this decision and how it came to be.

During development of the Collections system, a couple of problems became apparent in terms of how things are architected on the back end of SWTOR. The short form is that making all items in a collection separate items had a lot of nasty side effects. It increased the amount of data storage per character considerably, it increased login times to handle versioning up your character, and it also quintupled the number of things in the collections GUI, making that GUI an unreadable mess. The team working on this feature looked at these problems and decided that the best possible solution to these issues was to consolidate these items into sets.

So, yeah, that's on the design team. I swear, not because we're evil jerk designers, we just kinda failed to fully realize how the feature would end up playing out . We now have a better grasp of the ramifications of this decision, and we're aware of the unhappiness it caused.

We're also aware that using Revan's Mask as an example was a pretty poor call on our part.

We're in the process of evaluating other options that would allow us to give players the functionality that they want, while at the same time address the very real technical and GUI concerns that we faced with our initial architecture of the system. Unfortunately, no option that we come up with is likely to be doable very quickly -- on top of solving the technical problems, we also need to now deal with ensuring anyone who purchases the collected items with the current system end up being correctly credited if we convert something over. As such, I have no ETA for when we will address this.

First off.

NOTHING IN THE REPUTATION VENDOR APPLIES TO COLLECTIONS. Your full Revan set with your reputation mask will not count towards the progress. They are completely different items..

Secondly.

It is impossible to separate Revan's outfit for the cartel market. its a waste of space used for new items. THEY COULD make a new tab of the reputation gear to be in collections, but they can't change the existing set's.

Actually you're wrong. The reputation item works fine. I wonder if you have been given wrong information and are simply repeating it or you are relaying false information in your ignorance believing it is how you think it should be,

Edited by Greenify

Really? Cause All the other goods from the cartel market reputation vendor don't add to collections. I bought the domin throne and it did not add. tested it again with the mask of nihilius, the reputation one did not add to collections. They are separate items. Revan's Mask and the Nihilius one are not the same as the pack ones, these ones even have dye slots. Edited by Magnusheart

Really? Cause All the other goods from the cartel market reputation vendor don't add to collections. I bought the domin throne and it did not add. tested it again with the mask of nihilius, the reputation one did not add to collections. They are separate items. Revan's Mask and the Nihilius one are not the same as the pack ones, these ones even have dye slots.

If this is true that is strange, I know for a fact I had a revans mask in my inventory as a fail safe in case the reputation one didn't work but never needed it so I sold it on the GTN. Perhaps they changed this in a recent patch or something, (i did do this the first day collections released) without noting it. To be honest if they have changed it they should change it back as it is unfair on others. Have you tried revans mask, perhaps this is something exclusive to this mask for whatever reason.

I would be interested to hear from others regarding this, I know I read at least one other person who had the same experience as me.

Edited by Greenify

Actually you're wrong. The reputation item works fine. I wonder if you have been given wrong information and are simply repeating it or you are relaying false information in your ignorance believing it is how you think it should be,

Actually, he is correct. I had the full Revan's set (minus the mask) on one of my Inquisitors. I bought the mask from the reputation vendor with Cartel Certificates and it did NOT complete my collection. I had to fork out the credits for a Revan's mask from the GTN to complete the collection.

Actually, he is correct. I had the full Revan's set (minus the mask) on one of my Inquisitors. I bought the mask from the reputation vendor with Cartel Certificates and it did NOT complete my collection. I had to fork out the credits for a Revan's mask from the GTN to complete the collection.

This is very odd to me then. When did you do this?

I did it when the collection system came out. The pack pulled masks and the masks from the reputation vendor are different items.

What I don't understand is why it worked for me then, I unlocked it in collections with the rep one.

I support this 100%

They did press for the collections system talking about the Revan mask as an example "if you have it on one character, have it on them all via collections" and that never worked out

If its impossible to make the mask seperate in collections, add the belt and gloves to the cartel reputation vendor for cartel certs at least make it possible for people to get the ability to share via collections without spending 14m (the combined price of gloves and belt on my server as of Friday)

Better idea: Make just the armor set available on the cartel market, like the stalwart defender or the eradicator's warsuit. People will still give you money for it, you don't have to make an extra slot in the collections UI, and players can actually get the set.

Better idea: Make just the armor set available on the cartel market, like the stalwart defender or the eradicator's warsuit. People will still give you money for it, you don't have to make an extra slot in the collections UI, and players can actually get the set.

terrible idea

I agree with this.

terrible idea

Why is this a terrible idea? As far as I can tell, you can't acquire them the original way of buying the packs anymore. Sure you can buy them on the GTN but since there are no new ones coming in now, that supply will soon disappear. When it was available in the packs still I saw multiple masks on the GTN. When I looked this morning there was only 1. Who knows if that's even still there or if more will show up. Not to mention the fact that the packs were random, so you just had to hope to get lucky to find them. Not everyone can afford to waste money on the packs looking for the item they want. If it were made available to purchase on it's own, that would be much better for people that want the set but couldn't shell out endless amounts of money until they located all pieces of the set. These are my thoughts on the matter, and I'm not saying you're wrong that it is a terrible idea, but why do you think so?

No, the set should not be buyable on the market, because then it will not be something "special". And for the mask, I don't support the stand-alone. It should be kept as a set. If you don't have it, why you should deserve the benefit of the mask on other chars? The Revan-Set ist not one of the many easy to buy market-sets, and it never should become one, not at least because of the lore.

Having and using the set should stay something special.

And it has never been said, that you can get everything anytime. You were not able to get a set by time? Then sorry... but it is over. It is not only with Revan's but also with other sets, too.

If the set will be available at the market just as easy as other sets, it will be worth a **** and you will take the special out of Revan's set.

As you can imagine, I am one of just a few who ownes a complete set. I invested a lot of work, many nights trying to trade for missing items, spending a lot of time for earning credits, just to get the parts.

The first three were easy, breast and robe in an instant, mask was a mess with talking and lowering the price, but the gloves and the sash were a pain. Many trades had to be done, lot's of talk and so on and every day again the hope that you might get the missing parts anywhere anyhow.

So you would take anyones effort who got the set, just because you were not able to get one your own?

It is some kind of reward to have the set complete and the should stay as it is.

For those who are on Jar'khai Sword I still have some parts to offer, even a sash.

Edited by SeraphExInferis

Ah, the old "I did it the hard way so everyone else needs to suffer too" argument.

I should demand that no-one else gets a white saber crystal either, since I got mine prior to 1.2, and all these cartel market crystals just make mine less special.

Valid? No.

Edited by Ancaglon

Ah, the old "I did it the hard way so everyone else needs to suffer too" argument.

I should demand that no-one else gets a white saber crystal either, since I got mine prior to 1.2, and all these cartel market crystals just make mine less special.

Valid? No.

Sure.

I think anything that was hard to aquire should not be sold at the market later.

And I agree with the white saver crystals. It should still be very hard to get. Just like any other special color and only the mainstream-colors should be sold or via the cartel-packs.

Anything special should stay special.

Edited by SeraphExInferis

The way I see it, is 2 bugs with this.

First bug the contraband resale cooperation all items from that vendor that costs cartel market certificates are added to your collection EXCEPT Revan's Mask this is unfair as is and they should separate the mask for its own collection OR ADD the other pieces of Revan's armor to the vendor.

Bug number 2 the space pirate pack was released later than blockade runner! this means there are even FEWER sash's and gloves to complete the sets which means that the prices are skyrocket! Why on earth bioware would you get rid of all shipment one packs without thinking the duration of how long that pack has been out would make a big impact such as this.

I would like this to be changed but I know bioware only cares about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and not its customers and what they would like. however I think everyone should report the contraband resale revan's mask as a bug for not adding to collection and just spam it everyday.

If there is an update on this revan's armor set I would like to see it please

The way I see it, is 2 bugs with this.

First bug the contraband resale cooperation all items from that vendor that costs cartel market certificates are added to your collection EXCEPT Revan's Mask this is unfair as is and they should separate the mask for its own collection OR ADD the other pieces of Revan's armor to the vendor.

Bug number 2 the space pirate pack was released later than blockade runner! this means there are even FEWER sash's and gloves to complete the sets which means that the prices are skyrocket! Why on earth bioware would you get rid of all shipment one packs without thinking the duration of how long that pack has been out would make a big impact such as this.

I would like this to be changed but I know bioware only cares about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and not its customers and what they would like. however I think everyone should report the contraband resale revan's mask as a bug for not adding to collection and just spam it everyday.

If there is an update on this revan's armor set I would like to see it please

If revans mask from the crc did not unlock and you have the rest of the set bound then I really recommend you report it as a bug as I got my revans set through the crc mask. The set will not and should not be changed in collections, It is what it is.

I agree with this.

Why is this a terrible idea? As far as I can tell, you can't acquire them the original way of buying the packs anymore. Sure you can buy them on the GTN but since there are no new ones coming in now, that supply will soon disappear. When it was available in the packs still I saw multiple masks on the GTN. When I looked this morning there was only 1. Who knows if that's even still there or if more will show up. Not to mention the fact that the packs were random, so you just had to hope to get lucky to find them. Not everyone can afford to waste money on the packs looking for the item they want. If it were made available to purchase on it's own, that would be much better for people that want the set but couldn't shell out endless amounts of money until they located all pieces of the set. These are my thoughts on the matter, and I'm not saying you're wrong that it is a terrible idea, but why do you think so?

Hey I can't afford that nice house/car/computer/gamesconsole/game/toothbrush/mcflurry so make it cheaper/easier to obtain.

This is essentially what you want, you might say it isn't sold at the moment (not true crc, GTN but whatever) but you want the value of the item to be reduced to an amount you can afford. This is why I think it's a terrible idea because it's simply unfair on current owners of the set.

What I would consider fair would be another version of revans set (minus the mask) released on the market.

Hey I can't afford that nice house/car/computer/gamesconsole/game/toothbrush/mcflurry so make it cheaper/easier to obtain.

This is essentially what you want, you might say it isn't sold at the moment (not true crc, GTN but whatever) but you want the value of the item to be reduced to an amount you can afford. This is why I think it's a terrible idea because it's simply unfair on current owners of the set.

This isn't quite the same thing. It would be a bit more accurate to say, I can afford a nice house, but I have to first purchase the chance that I might be able to get one of the rooms which are super rare, but I can't have the whole house until I find all the pieces. I could afford to purchase the armor set with real world money, and if I couldn't at the time, I could save until I did, like most of the objects listed above. However to purchase with in game currency is not the same thing. On the GTN there are hardly any available, for prices that are quite ridiculous. To use your example, I wanted a nice house but I couldn't afford it, now that I've saved up and can afford it at long last, it's too late. No more nice houses for sale, ever. With the exception of the nice house, all of the things mentioned, car/computer/gaming console/game/toothbrush/mcflurry, are pretty much always available and if by some chance they were no longer available, they've probably been replaced with a better version. The house on the other hand, perhaps you wanted a particular house and it's no longer available, but with enough money, you can have them build the house you want. Which maybe that would be a viable solution, Revan's armor schematics that are always available. You can go through the hassle of obtaining those, and the ability to use them, and the materials needed to craft them, and then you have that set, that you had to work for.

Here's the thing, making it more available for people doesn't make the work you did any less valid, or the armor any less special to you. I don't see someone with the armor set and think, "man, that guy must have put a lot of effort into obtaining that set." I usually think, "man, I wish I had that set", if I think anything at all. I generally don't pay attention to other players and what they wear unless I just happen to notice something I think looks cool. On the flip side, if I had the armor set and it was easier for people to obtain after I went through the work to get it, I would not be thinking "man, that guy probably didn't have to go through the effort I did to get it" when I saw someone with the set. I'd probably think, "hey cool another person with the Revan armor." Maybe if I'm feeling particularly playful I might think, "IMPOSTER!!! I AM THE ONE TRUE REVAN!!!!! YOU MUST DIE!!!!!" but I wouldn't care how they obtained the set. People seem to think that other players are concerned with them and paying attention to them when in reality they are paying attention to what they are doing, themselves (unless in a group, then they need to pay attention to everyone else too). Also when it comes to buying the mask through the crc, not only does it require a lot of reputation and credits (which I'm fine with), but it also requires you to have cartel market certificates which you can only obtain, as with the armor itself, through cartel packs. If you wanted a nice new gaming computer and went through the hassle of purchasing all of the parts one by one until you had everything you wanted, then Bobby next door got the same computer for his birthday from his parents (or whomever, it's irrelevant), that doesn't make the computer you worked hard on getting any less valuable to you, any less special. More than likely, Bobby is just going to take his computer for granted and treat it poorly. Not saying that anyone who purchased the armor set would treat it poorly (if that's even possible), but they may take it for granted. Personally, I would covet the set no matter how I acquired it because I'm a huge fan of Revan. So taking the chance to have his armor away from me because it would make it less special to someone else, is not something I can get behind.

Here's an article I came across that I feel really makes a good point regarding this issue:

http://www.thespryminds.com/gaming/swtor-cartel-market-why-cant-i-buy-what-i-want/

If you aren't interested in taking a minute or two to read it, here's a part regarding the "special" factor:

Bioware has also done a good job in brain-washing some of the SWTOR players. By placing items in these packs only, they are giving the illusion that the item is rare and has enormous value in-game. As such they are creating false economies around these desired items. Some players on the swtor.com forums do not want this system to change because otherwise items would not be rare if available for direct purchase. However, the easy counter to this argument is that if the same items were available for direct purchase at a high cost they would still be rare. Only, the customer would have gotten exactly what they wanted and would be much happier. - See more at: http://www.thespryminds.com/gaming/swtor-cartel-market-why-cant-i-buy-what-i-want/#sthash.exU1RdPW.dpuf
Edited by Zeromeus

This should be separated from the rest of the armor the same way the eradicator mask is. The eradicator mask came out after the armor, so it is properly done that it is not required for the collection of the armor. The Revan mask was in one pack, the sash and gloves in another, so should be separate collection purchases. If anything, require the chest and leggins since they were out same time as rest of the pack, but not the belt and gloves. Bioware should really address this knowing the mask is one of the most beloved items in KOTOR universe.

Bioware should really address this knowing the mask is one of the most beloved items in KOTOR universe.

i second this completely! but with EA being EA always seeing with $ eyes its a impossibilty. Sure they can put the mask on the cartel market as a single item and earn a short surge of profit, but they will miss out on the same plp buying random packs just for a chance at getting the mask............All employees at bioware plz resign and move to a different game developer and go back to making awesome games for gamers and not money for EA