How are you guys ok with these nerfs? I'm pretty upset.

Individual

Nice try, but no. Clearly you're just taking shots in the dark and didn't actually bother to, you know, check my parses. And of course I don't mean you should compare powertechs and snipers, I mean powertechs vs vanguards. I get limiting what you look at to 16m, and even to some extent only looking at US (foreign language parses are difficult to read, although numbers are numbers), but excluding your mirror class? That seems weak.

If you really want to look at what specs are the best, or the balance between specs, you should look at all the parses you can, not just some slice.

edit: this is about specs that aren't AP being broken, not about powertechs being broken. I agree that powertechs in the hand of a skilled player can succeed, and I think that AP, pyro, and the hybrid can all compete in raids given sufficient skill. It isn't "play AP or reroll" :)

i do compare to vanguard and i beat them as well. Just like when i was in Severity Gaming i said that Tactics would produce better number then assault, and i am proof that it is true.

Edited by Hizoka

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do compare to vanguard and i beat them as well. Just like when i was in Severity Gaming i said that Tactics would produce better number then assault, and i am proof that it is true.

Gotcha. I hope you don't mind that I took a quick peek to confirm that you do indeed beat all vanguards.

Dashroode- you at 2160, top US vanguard (not tactics) 2586

Titan 6- you at 2429, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2427 YOU WIN!

Thrasher- you at 2232, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2533

Operations Chief- you at 1961, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2612

Olok- you at 2075, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2194

Cartel Warlords- you at 2261, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2442

Styrak- you at 2168, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2456.

1/7 aint bad! Sorry I made your pond a little bigger.

You don't do bad damage, I'm not trying to convince you to change specs or anything, but tactics/AP is hardly the only viable damage spec PTs have.

Edited by namesaretough

Hello

I want from the Devs a buff for the Pyrotech tree.Cmon 30% less Burning damage and less Railshot damage.

Why you cutted two of the most important skills?I know Pyrotech was OP for a long time but now you nerfed him to ground.10% less Dot Damage would be enough and Railshot let it alone.

Its so frustrating.I dont want to play Marauder or Sniper.I play Pyro since beginning.

Gotcha. I hope you don't mind that I took a quick peek to confirm that you do indeed beat all vanguards.

Dashroode- you at 2160, top US vanguard (not tactics) 2586

Titan 6- you at 2429, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2427 YOU WIN!

Thrasher- you at 2232, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2533

Operations Chief- you at 1961, top us vanguard (not tactics) 2612

Olok- you at 2075, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2194

Cartel Warlords- you at 2261, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2442

Styrak- you at 2168, top us vanguard (not tactics) at 2456.

1/7 aint bad! Sorry I made your pond a little bigger.

You don't do bad damage, I'm not trying to convince you to change specs or anything, but tactics/AP is hardly the only viable damage spec PTs have.

old parses are old... check back after they update.

and operation chief varies far too much depending on how the group does the fight.

old parses are old... check back after they update.

and operation chief varies far too much depending on how the group does the fight.

I'm not allowed to use the parses that were on the leaderboards when you made the claim? Seems legit.

Edit: and after looking at your new log, you're still only top on 3/7 (unless someone else uploads new, higher numbers this week).

It's ok. You can say "my spec isn't the only good one". It won't kill you.

Edited by namesaretough

So...BIOWARE...do you see these posts? I'm sure you care but can we get some explanation to the nerf? Can we expect a buff in the near future? I just started playing a powertech AP. I like it, I have fun with him and I'll continue to play it but if what I'm reading is true...I'm not asking (personally) for a HUGE buff but maybe give us something back?

But again I enjoy the PT class over the merc. Just reading these post kinda has me like...meh. Hope to hear something from you guys.

I'm not allowed to use the parses that were on the leaderboards when you made the claim? Seems legit.

Edit: and after looking at your new log, you're still only top on 3/7 (unless someone else uploads new, higher numbers this week).

It's ok. You can say "my spec isn't the only good one". It won't kill you.

Nevermind, 2/7. 2/12 if you include TFB.

Edited by namesaretough

Nevermind, 2/7. 2/12 if you include TFB.

the thing you don't realize, is that your boy Fokaa made his parses that are only SLIGHTLY above mine while using the relic exploit.

So for him to get a few more DPS then me he had to cheat. Go look at the logs. I will prove it to you

19:46:15.624 Fokaa gains Power Surge.

19:46:15.625 Fokaa gains Power Surge.

like i said. I am the top player. The people who are higher then me had to exploit. Before you try to seem like your guildies are better try posting up logs without exploiting known bugs. Anyone can put up inflated number while exploiting a bug, the sad thing is i beat many of your guildies without cheating. I wonder how much they can really do. The sad things is Torparse only tracks the highest parse you do so they will keep having infalted numbers for a while as i know you won't beat an exploited parse with a legit one. Fokaa just isn't good enough to do that. Hell he himself admited he went to an assault vangaurd because he wasn't good enough to keep playing a sentinel.

Like i said lets see what he can do without exploiting because he won't be close to me.

Here is another example for you. Titan 6

Fokaa while using the exploit 2411 - Me playing legit 2638. Even exploiting he is 200 DPS behind me on that fight. You still think that assault will match tactics when even exploiting he is 200 DPS behind?

Edited by Hizoka

Before you try to seem like your guildies are better try posting up logs without exploiting known bugs.

All I did was grab the top vanguards off torparse (I was nice enough to pick US parses for you, too). Not my fault they happened to be people I play with. You're also drastically overstating the benefit two pvp relics had on a class without healing in their rotation.

Anyways, one log hardly makes your case, especially on a fight so dependent on raid comp and strategy (like your excuse for being 700dps behind on the op chief :rolleyes:) Look, I can do it too! A (not tactics) vanguard running two pve relics doing more damage than you? Either he's better than the best player in the US, or hybrid is a better spec!

Edited by namesaretough

All I did was grab the top vanguards off torparse (I was nice enough to pick US parses for you, too). Not my fault they happened to be people I play with. You're also drastically overstating the benefit two pvp relics had on a class without healing in their rotation.

Anyways, one log hardly makes your case, especially on a fight so dependent on raid comp and strategy (like your excuse for being 700dps behind on the op chief :rolleyes:) Look, I can do it too! A (not tactics) vanguard running two pve relics doing more damage than you? Either he's better than the best player in the US, or hybrid is a better spec!

are you really trying to say having an 800 power proc is not that big of a deal over having 400??? not sure if you are trolling or just stupid.

Edited by Hizoka

are you really trying to say having an 800 power proc is not that big of a deal over having 400??? not sure if you are trolling or just stupid.

Just someone who doesn't cry over a 20dps advantage. What's your new excuse for the rest of my post?

90% of the VG/PT aren't happy. Of those, 80% left the class. 10% stayed and are unhappy. Leaving 10% who didn't notice or care about the nerfs and continue to play the class as well. .

I have guildies that cry about pt nerf but my pt I break 1 million + damage 100k + protec from taunts and still make good object fighting on nodes/doors. I have always had my PT/Vangaurd as AP/Tactics from day one of the game but I still get called fotm. RIght now Im just having issues with my tank pt just seems like my defense stats don't work still in pvp.

Edited by Throne-Drei

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought defense stats don't work if the DPS chain crits.

My tech crits are usually In the mid to high 20's, and my rail crits about half of the time. When I'm fighting a tank I hit explosive fuel for another 15%. On top of that, I'm only trying to kill you when your pet healer is already dead.

Sorry though, PT's only hit 1 million plus numbers when there are too many healers on each side, and neither team can focus one down. It's a symptom of our lack of burst DPS, and operative healers being completely out of control. A good match (win or lose) for me is about 500K and 25-30 kills, because much of the time is spent either capping or keeping an objective.

This person is also surpassingly the lead DPS on 16 man H/M Titan 6. I looked, not there....

Ssssh, leave him alone, he's best US Powertech running 16m raids!

-This message has been brought to you by the best gunslinger on pot5 without an alt character in his name who isn't a mets fan

Edited by namesaretough

like i said. I am the top player. The people who are higher then me had to exploit.

Dude, you're such a child, lol, "I'm the best neener neener!"Get off these forums with your nonsense please, I think I speak for the ENTIRE community when I say this. Get OFF the exploit thing, you've been beating that horse for weeks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.